gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 04:42 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Race Numbers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Race Numbers  (Read 2076 times)

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Race Numbers
« on: November 23, 2008, 05:59 PM »
If you don't have a national/regional number from the previous year, what plate number can you use this coming season.  Do you just run any number you like thats not in use?
Neil

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Race Numbers
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 06:12 PM »
Thats how it used to work, not sure if the rules have changed though
A long time ago, in a land far away!

dialledbikes

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 06:39 PM »
If you don't have a national/regional number from the previous year, what plate number can you use this coming season.  Do you just run any number you like thats not in use?

There's a lot of inconsistency.

I've run 88 or 888 for the last 3 seasons but when I turned up at the first national this season they said I had to run 211 (last 3 digits of my licence number).  I then found out that Keith had also been allocated 211 so I was allowed to run 888.

At the first regional I was told I had to use either my national ranking from 2007 or last 3 digits of my licence.  I was allowed to run 888 as I didn't have a national ranking from previous year and Keith was also running 211 in regionals.  My little lad was told he had to run 642 on his plate (again, last 3 digits of licence number).

However, I know a lot of people who are running whatever number they like (i.e. no consistency between national and regional associations).

If you want to be in the safe side, use the last 3 numbers of your licence number as that seems to be widely accepted.

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 06:46 PM »
I've been running the last 3 digits of my licence number for years, saves messing about and quite a few are using them as career numbers as it never changes

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 08:20 PM »
Cheers guys  :daumenhoch:
Neil

JamesC

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 03:42 PM »
I've only done regionals but just made a number up and used that. I'm tempted to try nationals this year, I'm sure I've heard somewhere that you need to have a certain coloured background etc, is that true?

spillers#1

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 03:51 PM »
James you won't be doing any nationals this year mate................lol

JamesC

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 03:53 PM »
Why's that?

kdubbmx

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 06:53 PM »
There arent any!!

oldskoolsux

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 08:11 PM »
I just run the same number I randomly pick for nationals and regional for last few years, I did get told to change my number to my licence number at a national but I stood my ground a got to keep my chosen number.

I'm sure I've heard somewhere that you need to have a certain coloured background etc, is that true?

Yes, Black numbers on a Red background for you cruiser freaks ;)  (White on Blue for Juniors, Black on yellow for elite and Black on white for everyone else)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 08:14 PM by Russp »

JamesC

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 08:38 AM »
Oh yeah, I'm already thinking 2009, opps.
Thanks Russ and remeber you used to be a Cruiser freak as well, I'll get a 20" one day, just need to learn how to ride the crusier first.

dialledbikes

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 10:06 AM »
Oh yeah, I'm already thinking 2009, opps.
Thanks Russ and remeber you used to be a Cruiser freak as well, I'll get a 20" one day, just need to learn how to ride the crusier first.

Don't listen to Russ  ;) cruiser plates need to have white numbers on a red background.

Flying_fox

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 09:21 AM »
I used 53 all year for nationals and regionals, no one said a thing to me.

When you fill in your form at registration just put the number you want to use in, then once you've done one round your not allowed to change it.

I'm keeping 53 for next year too. If Kelvin can run 55 every year what's wrong with a 30+er having a career number?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Race Numbers

gfxgfx
gfx gfx