gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 11:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Once were Chavs ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Once were Chavs ?  (Read 4111 times)

mangoboom

Once were Chavs ?
« on: November 20, 2008, 12:38 PM »
Okay looking at all my old pictures of me and my mates circa 1980's in our Fila, Tacchini tracksuits and Diadoras and riding around on our BMX's could we have possibly been Chavs ? I do remember some of my mates actually having Burberry gear too.

So the question is that in 25 years time will all the chavs of today be logging onto radchav.co.uk questioning themselves too ?

Please say it ain't so ???!!! I wasn't a chav was I ?

scott250

Re: Once were Chavs ?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 12:55 PM »
Chavs wear fake Burberry, at least our oldschool dresser/casuals wore the real expensive gear, haha.  I used to wear a tracksuit to break in & I never had my socks half way up my legs.  Most of the hardcore chavs will be dead before 20 yrs has passed from twocing cars and crashing them into walls or something, haha.

dannywhiteley

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 05:24 PM »
Im suffering an early mid life crisis and have been buying up some nice 80's gear.  Tacchini dallas tracksuits, adidas colorado hooded tops and adidas lendl tennis shirts.  You just cant beat it.  And the kids dont know what to make of it.

Get some pics posted mate.

sweetbeats

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 06:02 PM »
I was from newcastle so we where called "dressers"..just bought a tacchinni hoodie the other day made by tacchinni and designed by burro the english designer smart as fk.

Still like sporty stuff but have always been a fashion god most of my life and tend to set trends not follow them :LolLolLolLol:

I think it is weird how modern chav's dress...they look like rat boys...especially with them daft little fringes and cabbicci/mckenzie tat...what is with the jdsport bag slung over the shoulder??

Never quite understoood that.

mangoboom

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 07:15 PM »
its me on the right wearing the Fila tracksuit top, Diadoras and Oakly Factory Pilot gloves...1982/3 (riding Torker 280)

mangoboom

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 07:17 PM »
Im suffering an early mid life crisis and have been buying up some nice 80's gear.  Tacchini dallas tracksuits, adidas colorado hooded tops and adidas lendl tennis shirts.  You just cant beat it.  And the kids dont know what to make of it.

Get some pics posted mate.

just hope you haven't bought some Ivan Lendl tennis shorts - you'd look very George Michael Club Tropicana !

dannywhiteley

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 09:30 AM »
Nah mate, I draw the line at the shorts.  However, some of this other stuff is as cool to me as any BMX, and straight from the same era. 

JT71

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 09:42 AM »
relax you weren't a chav. however if you still dress like that, then the now you are.

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

and if you have your car seat lay back to far you look like  a Spen, wear a crap cap, lean on your drivers door whilst driving, drive with fog lamps on in all weathers, have any "additional" bits on you car, big exhaust, extra leds underneath or on bonnet or anywhere else, and drive with your windows down in all weathers because you think everyone wants to hear your sh1te music then yes, you my friend are a Chav, and also another four letter word beginning with C.

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 09:51 AM »
My clothing today consists of Fooked Jeans and fooked fox t-shirts and when i go out with the missus and need to look smart Fooked Jeans and a Grey Fooked Polo t-shirt.
Although i have 4 Pairs of Adidas Harvard in mint condition  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline bigfatolly

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 03:45 PM »
difference between then and now is if you didnt live in the big cities you had to travel to get the gear,nowadays you can buy everything on the web.
the kids today have no style either,they just buy a load of crap lonsdale stuff from sportsdirect and chuck it on,fooking clones.
there was a lot of competotion too trying to outdo each other on unique gear.
was a select few into it at school too most kids had no clue,nowadays like i say,clones :idiot2:

scary_leary

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 06:29 PM »
Love the gear danny.. didnt stallone wear a colorado in rockyIII (in between the boss hoodys)

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 11:29 AM »
Danny cool gear  :daumenhoch:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

FAZE3

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 11:35 AM »
Love that Tacchini track top ;) I've been wearing Tacchini since the 80's and love the stuff, That film, The business sent the cost of old Tacchini sky high, but its sensible again now I think. Trouble with the label its been chav'd cos you can get it TK max now :'(

I found a Tacchini shop in Italy about 10 years ago, man I thought I'd dead and gone to heaven ;D

As for trainers...........it has to be Addias, right ???

scary_leary

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 03:23 PM »
Yeah tk max has em.. not dallas though.
I bought a couple of ..is it "pro-line" tracky tops, fookin nice and 18dabs a piece.

dannywhiteley

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 04:36 PM »
Just bought a full reissue Dallas in original fabric and navy blue.  Its the frst proper reissue in years and very limited numbers.

I sold an original 83 Dallas on ebay recently for £275. 

Ive also got an original Tacchini Young Line full tracksuit with the Dallas style bottoms but in a more sheeny fabric.

Oh, and mainly Adidas trabs, but occasionally Puma.  Although I do have a strong desire for earlier (pre-88) Nikes.  Just picke up a pair of 83 Oceania's, and a reissue of the Vortex.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 04:45 PM by dannywhiteley »

FAZE3

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 05:34 PM »
maybe we could hi-jack this topic, and steer it away from the chavs :) :)

Tacchini pics then...........................................I'll start....................................................now where's that ol hoodie :D

dannywhiteley

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 10:36 PM »
The way I remember it was it was the richer, cooler, slightly older kids who were wearing this gear, not the chavs of the day.

The Colorado used to cost £50 back in the mid 80's, so it defo wasnt council estate chic.  More the gear worn by the same guys riding the TA's, Haro's and Rippers...

scary_leary

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 09:25 AM »
chavs these days wear all the "so called " latest gear because its fake!
bitd apart from the odd dodgy spanish lacoste, you couldnt really buy fake.. you had to be able to buy genuine..
thats why the dollopers never had em.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 09:57 AM by scary_leary »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Once were Chavs ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx