gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  crank problems jees
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: crank problems jees  (Read 712 times)

motomagII

crank problems jees
« on: November 19, 2008, 07:58 PM »
just spent 2 hours trying to set me cranks up and basically i cant get it to line up with the freewheel correctly .
the chainring is new school on new school cranks and is as close to the frame as the cranks will let it but when i put the chain on it is running on the side of the freewheel not central .sounds like when you have road bike not set up right and makes noise when pedalling because chain is out of line by a bit .help??????????????chainring needs to move inwards by a couple mm but cant

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: crank problems jees
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 08:00 PM »
check the rear end isnt bent,worth a try it doesnt need to be out by much,

motomagII

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 08:03 PM »
brand new s&m dirt bike i got off del should be perfect being new.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 08:08 PM »
hmmm then what rear are you running hub wise

motomagII

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 08:33 PM »
we the peoplke salt hub 14mm axle with oddysey 14t freewheel .they both hub and frewheel ran fine on me haro race bike.just sat wonderig if i put spacer on the axle before i put the bearing bolt on the drive side .mmmmm will have to wait till tomorrow now but why didnt i check that forst

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 10:15 PM »
is there a spacer on the inside of freewheel
as sometimes they need em
is it on the inside or outside the prob if inside
 i have a spare spacer if ya need it greg

motomagII

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 07:06 AM »
it is inside rhys but never heard of freewheel spacer?

motomagII

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 07:28 AM »
thia all started a\s i wanna blue chainring so i got blue chainring and spider and some chainring bolts .put that together which was nightmare as the chainring bolts were tad too long so i had to put washers on them and tighten em up .cant get them to undo now either .i set this upo with ring on inside and outside the spider and neither seemed to run right so got me new school 39 chainring to put on .this fits snug no probs but as its 2000 ish frame the chain was rubbing tiny bit on lower chain stay so i had to force fit washer on the axles to widen the drops about 3mm in total and the chain runs frreely then .so i tighten chain tension etc and take it for spin on drive and thats when i hear the old noise like the racer with gears set up wrong .turned the bike upside down to have looksy and can see the chain running right on the edge of the freewheel .took it all aprt and refitted everything etc again ,changed back to spider again and ring etc etc and still the same.posted on here had bath and then suddenly dawned on me i may have fitted a spacer to the drive side before the cone nut that runs on the bearings .so i have to take the whole bb set out to check now doh
sometimes i can build complete bike and set it up in hour at most but this one is being a complete twot to build and after 2 nights doing it it still isnt finished and runs like bag bolts lol

subversion

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 02:19 PM »
post up some pics dude :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  crank problems jees

gfxgfx
gfx gfx