gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975753 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 12, 2024, 02:00 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  feel too heavy to race!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: feel too heavy to race!!  (Read 1627 times)

SEARLE

feel too heavy to race!!
« on: February 03, 2009, 08:20 PM »
gonna have my first 40+ cruiser race at hayes in a couple of weeks.ive just turned 40 im 6"2 17 stone.not fat,well built! honest! was practicing on my cruiser when the chain jumped off and i hit the deck like a sack of sh--t! had full body armour on etc..still in pain 3 days later!! i used to bounce back up in the 80s!!!! it has made me very wary about racing again now.what with work,having to pay mortgage etc.......do i lose weight,more protection???? dont wanna give up before i start!!!!!! anyone else in the same boat/? :-\

DR VINOAH

Re: feel too heavy to race!!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 08:27 PM »
ima fine one to talk
as i weigh the same as when i was at school in 85
10 1/2/stone wet lol

your worries are unfounded sir
as dare i use ratty as an example
for he isnt likkle
but bwoy can he power out that gate

also it never stopped stompin stu in his prime
he must of weighed similar to you :coolsmiley:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 08:34 PM »
 Keep riding,the weight loss will follow :daumenhoch:

big kev 40

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 08:45 PM »
ive had 6 race meetings since i made my come back in october  had one bad crash   was hurting for days  i wasnt wearing body armour bruised my back  in my mind nomore of a risk than driving down the road  accidents happen    its about enjoyment 

mr.magoo

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 09:12 PM »
again...weight reduction comes very fast :LolLolLolLol:

a fall during playtime does hurt more, you pack up the bike and go home.....on race day adrenaline takes care of the hurts...the day i did my knee i was convinced i could still compete in the cruiser final :idiot2:

injury wise and work depends what you do.....and how hard you fall, i am lucky quite a high pain threshold, so i just work through it......but be positive and positive things happen....don't push the boundaries too hard (perhaps i should listen to my own advise) >:D

big kev 40

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 09:16 PM »
your teaching me well dad   ;D ;D

tony williams

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 09:26 PM »
you only live once mate ive just lost 9stone still not thin but getting fitter and the rest will come off im  doing 40PLUS may be at hayes need to give these kent boys a run for there money lol if im there come say hi dude most of us old boys are not as thin as we were
tony

big kev 40

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 09:29 PM »
im not im pushing the 36" waist line  and ask magoo hes followed my butt crack   :LolLolLolLol:  he tells me its for putting his bike in

DONNY R

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 09:30 PM »
......but be positive and positive things happen....don't push the boundaries too hard (perhaps i should listen to my own advise) >:D

I'am  listening OB1  :LolLolLolLol: may the force be with me

Flemdog

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 09:31 PM »
Dude, I look like fookin' Shrek on my twenty inch, but who gives a flying****!,  :daumenhoch: :D :)

Fiolas Lovechild

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 10:23 PM »
YOU BIG JESSIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........Come on Squirly get those bandito pants on and get up to that gate !!! Was quite a stack tho mate.... :LolLolLolLol:

Paulo

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 07:49 PM »

Don't be a poof. Wear some protection (where have you heard that before?), and enjoy the ride, the buzz and the aches and pains that follow. So what if we are a few years older and it takes a little longer to bounce back. I can truly say I'm enjoying it more now that I did bitd. But then I was crap then as well  :2funny:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 07:54 PM »
Never too heavy to race, Im now 19 stone, cant wait to race again, as others have said the weight will slip away without you even noticing.

When I came back first time I weighed 18stone, dropped to 16 stone within a year of racing.
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Fiolas Lovechild

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 08:02 PM »
Oi Big man be seeing you at Daggers Sunday .............. :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 08:04 PM »
Oi Big man be seeing you at Daggers Sunday .............. :daumenhoch:
Lookin forward to meetin up mate, wont be at Daggers though, sorry
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline DoubleD

• Cherry Picker
  • From Holland
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 08:47 PM »
220pounds and still able to give a junior men a kickin the ass on the first part of the track

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  feel too heavy to race!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx