gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975769 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 06, 2024, 04:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Bournemouth this sunday coming.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bournemouth this sunday coming.  (Read 1111 times)

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Bournemouth this sunday coming.
« on: November 10, 2008, 02:03 PM »
Who's racing at this one guys and what class ????????????

Round 1 of the Winter Series.

Trying to find out as much info as possible but its very limited.

How much is it for Old school ????????
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

moomin

Re: Bournemouth this sunday coming.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 11:06 AM »
As far as i know it'll be the expert entry fee of £10 :daumenhoch:

xtremepervert

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 07:31 PM »
Hi Andy,

Good to meet you today, hope you enjoyed yourself, stick with it! ;D

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 07:51 PM »
Good to meet you today Andy and for one who hasn't been racing for many a year you acquitted yourself very well indeed.  A fall in the second moto must have woken you up as you looked sharp in the Final and from where I was standing I couldn't see if you won or came second but please feel free to come on here and tell us because whichever it was you did well against the young whippersnappers!!   :daumenhoch: Humps

dialledbikes

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 08:24 PM »
Nice to meet you today Andy.  Pity there weren't any other old schoolers to race against but you did good against the young uns on an old school bike.  Looks like there's still plenty of life left in your riding so get yourself a cruiser and join the 30-39 or 40+ cruiser gang  :daumenhoch:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 01:05 PM »
My back hurts, my neck hurts and my arm muscles are pumped like Arnie's.  Didn't realise the human body had so many of the soddin things, :LolLolLolLol:

More later after work tonight but likewise to all the guys i met from here on Sunday, top guys all of them. Mike, Alan, Mr Stupple, Matt French, Kev, Miles and  Xtreme pervert. :4_17_5: :4_17_5:

Ouch. :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 07:07 PM »
Ok as promised, a little bit of my experience on Sunday.  :idiot2: :idiot2:

After an awful year of injury's through practising as some of you will know, this weekend i decided to bomb about on a kids bike again at Bournemouth for the first time since 1987.

With Matt and Bill explaining to me how the motos worked out and showing me i was riding against a load of 15+ kids who were obviously half my age probably fitter than butchers dogs and had been riding for quite a while i decided to take to the gate.

Moto 1, gate drops, i'm gone, obvious complete disbelief to find myself leading the pack. Third straight and still leading, i'm done for, my hearts trying to undo my body armour and clamber out. I just cruised the last straight trying not to be sick :LolLolLolLol:

Moto 2, again gates down and i'm away, leading again, this is easy :2funny: :2funny:, all of a sudden i'm pedalling thin air and then sliding along the floor just after the first set of doubles. I get up, obviously highly embarressed at being a complete tosser. The culprit is the chain has jumped off the rear sprocket and caused me to crash as i was pumping hard on thin air.

Moto 3, bike fixed thanks to Bill and Mikes wise words. Now i'm on the gate paranoid this is going to happen again. Gate drops, 44-16 cranks it's way down the start straight to find myself leading again, christ knows where these starts have come from, i never had them back in the day. Again third straight is the undoing of me and i cross the line punching the air for no reason other than i've completed a lap :4_17_5:

Massive break in racing where i relax and wonder what the hell i'm doing here.

Final.........  gate three and i'm gone again, leading again but this time some kid catches me on the berm at the end of the second straight, momentarily i think about putting him over the top of it but though that would be a bit cruel :LolLolLolLol: anyway this time i keep pedalling and make a bit more of a race of it, crossing the line in second place. :4_17_5:

Fantastic day, not bad for a soon to be 39yr old, massive thanks to Alan (Humps) for his constant shouting at me from the first berm, top man you are sir. :daumenhoch:

Bollox to the new school riders who had a small bit of bitching about old school bikes and that they should be in museums and not raced. Up yours chaps, your bikes will be old school one day and your be glad to ride them then.

Anyway try and enjoy the small videos and no laughing please, i'm a Learner.  :angel: :angel:

MOTO 1......

MOTO 2....... check out my sons words at the nd of the video "not Again"   

MOTO 3     

FINAL.....   

Sorry its long winded.  :2funny: :2funny:

mr.magoo

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 07:57 PM »
thats great Andy, and that track looks so much fun, can't wait till i get a chance to sample it, keep at it mate :daumenhoch: well done :4_17_5:

dialledbikes

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 07:59 PM »
Andy, you did really well against those younger, fitter and braver lads, especially as you were on your old school bike.  Enjoy basking in the glory, you earned it  :daumenhoch:

tobybrown35

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 08:08 PM »
   well done andy you was lookin quick out the gate dude  :daumenhoch:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 08:37 PM »

Thats where it ended though Toby  :LolLolLolLol:

I think some stamina training is my main aim over the coming weeks.

tobybrown35

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 08:40 PM »
  u and me both dude :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 09:35 PM »

Thats where it ended though Toby  :LolLolLolLol:

I think some stamina training is my main aim over the coming weeks.

The more you ride the fitter and better you'll become.  Get a full winter season under your belt and you'll be flying for the summer season 09.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Bournemouth this sunday coming.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx