gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 11:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  RE-ISSUED PROFILE CRANKS & SKYWAY TA's
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: RE-ISSUED PROFILE CRANKS & SKYWAY TA's  (Read 3370 times)

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: RE-ISSUED PROFILE CRANKS & SKYWAY TA's
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 12:45 PM »
so if a lump of nylon has been sitting in skyways factory since 82 and they moulded it into a set of wheels does that make them old school ?

Hardly the same is it, i never said they found a lump of steel then made the frames out of that. The frames where found in bits, welded up and painted. The rest of the stuff that has come out has been made from scratch and as close as possible to the originals. These where originals from 1986  ;)

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 12:59 PM »
how do you know? im not sayin they arent, I havnt followed the story, as I wouldnt want one personally.

tbh  I cant beleive that I got drawn into being interested......lol ..........its a pretty anal issue really. Can you imagine trying to explain the intricacies of this story to a non bmx collector....... theyre neither new or oldschool, theyre just what they are.
I want to touch ORB

SaMAlex

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 01:09 PM »
The S&M challenger stem shouldnt be in this thread at all. Its a 90s stem that is a great stem. Current riders wanted to use them so they are making it again. Not for fake retro bikes, but for new bikes. The new challenger stems have rounder corners so they dont look quite the same. I guess you'd say that the 90s ones are slightly collectable, and the new ones are just another great NS stem from S&M.

Not quite the same as "copies" of out of production 80s parts that arent really meant for "real" riding anyway (there is a reason they stopped making them!).

I aint gunna get involved in the new TA or Profile cranks (or have I already  :-X)

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 01:11 PM »
I reckon thats a good reason to reproduce somthing.
I want to touch ORB

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 09:22 PM »
have to be honest i really dont like it. the ta frame sets i had one on order then cancelled. mind you they were 86 tubing. the new skyway wheels really annoy me though. dont know what it is but i just cant stand them.

gotta be made in the 80's for me end of.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2008, 09:27 PM »

That's how I like my women, unfortunately I ended up with a model from the 60's.  :-\

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2008, 09:30 PM »

That's how I like my women, unfortunately I ended up with a model from the 60's.  :-\

lol. yeh know what you mean mines a 73 model. bad year

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2008, 10:38 PM »
Mine's an 80!  pretty good since I'm a 69 model!  LOL.....!

Anyways- I'm surprised that anyone would say something bad about the welds looking bad.  We have a great welder, and he's welded thousands of BMX frames since the 70's.  Anyways, theres powder on each frame, so I really can't believe that you could even rate a weld bead with powder on it.

We've talked about what we're doing with Skyway, and the direction that Skyway's been going.  if anybody thinks that Skyway- a company that's been involved in BMX since 1974, is in it for a "quick buck", think again.  BMX does not even make 3% of Skyway's overall business.  It's a roots thing.  BMX was the solid foundation that Skyway has built upon, and they have not forgotten that.  Look for new-school BMX frames next year.....  these 150 original T/A's was just a cool thing to do.  These were all suppose to be 1986 production framesets, and we've finally released them.  Skyway is still currently owned by the SAME owners since the 1960's, and they all love BMX.

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2008, 10:43 PM »
edd just curious whats the owners names?

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2008, 10:49 PM »
Ken Coster (President), Jon and Chuck Raudman, Rein Stolz, and Parrey Cremeans.  Chuck retired a few years ago... but still is an owner.  Both Jon and brother Chuck we're just inducted into the ABA Hall Of Fame, and Jon's the man that got these 25th Anniversary framesets going for us.
 Parrey's an avid hunter and uses the bow and arrow.  His office has half the animals of Noah's Ark stuffed and mounted in there.  He's so good that Ted Nugent ask HIM for his autograph!  LOL.  True story though!

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2008, 10:53 PM »
thanks edd

dialledbikes

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2008, 02:02 PM »
Look for new-school BMX frames next year

New School T/As would be a cool thing to see.  Make a cruiser version and sponsor Billy Stupple for racing  :daumenhoch:

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2008, 07:25 PM »
new school ta i would want that would be cool with the new school tuffs. would also be cool to re launch the streetbeats in all the colours. ( not after much me.lol)

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2008, 01:48 PM »
Those cranks look beautiful.... What you get in the box for £150 ($294) is a real bargain. I have no problem with quality repro stuff as long as it doesnt cost the earth and is also clearly marked so it cant be passed of as OS.
  Ed..... I am waiting for the Skyway T/A 24, please find some tubing   8)     (like thats ever going to happen)   ;D

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2008, 01:55 PM »
so wheres the stamp to show they are new ?

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2008, 02:08 PM »
so how much are these at the mo ??  :-\

And do you order with euro bottom bracket  :-\

cheers  :daumenhoch:

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2008, 02:42 PM »
so wheres the stamp to show they are new ?

I hadn't seen a re-released set before today.... are they not marked up then?  i find that suprising  ???   The OS sets had the arm sizes engraved near the weep holes i think. Are the new sets the same?

I just checked.... they are numbered ;) #1   #97 etc
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 02:47 PM by FuNMoNsTeR »

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2008, 03:22 PM »
Are the 175mm ones for 1/2 pedals and the 180mm for 9/16 pedals  :-\

sorry  :idiot2:

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2008, 04:07 PM »
They're available with euro BBs, someone asked.  175/180 USA or Euro

whats the difference  :-\

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2008, 09:22 PM »
Fooking hell, why send them out  :shocked:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2008, 06:03 AM »
feeling pretty pi55ed that I sold some nos ones, profile should be ashamed of themselves releasing them, cashing in on os market me thinks

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2008, 12:40 AM »
Just to keep everybody here in the loop....
 I've held off shipping any more cranks until I've gone through all of them to check them before I ship them.  Profile just made a batch of cranks this week that they say is much better, now that they know that we have issues with them.  Too many different people there working on them has led to inconsistencies in the overall appearance.  Some look great, some look like crap.
 The crappy looking ones that my customers did get over the last week of so are being offered a replacement set from Profile, through me.  It sucks all of the extra headaches that this has caused for everybody (including me!), but as a collector myself, and as a member of the old-school community, I'm not turning my back on this.
 I will be getting a NEW shipment of cranks this coming week that I'm promised looks great.  I will be sending cranks from this batch to my customers overseas.
 Hopefully this will water the flames down, and that will be the end of this mess!
 Fingers crossed!  LOL.....
 We're having a 4-day holiday over here in the States, so I'll be back in on Monday.  If anybody emails me, I'll do my best to get a quick response back out at the beginning of the week.
 Thanks guys.......
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 12:42 AM by ColoredTuffs.com »

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2008, 07:06 AM »
result! thanks ed...
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2008, 08:13 PM »
What a great guy :)

Happy Thanksgiving btw  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  RE-ISSUED PROFILE CRANKS & SKYWAY TA's

gfxgfx
gfx gfx