gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 11:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  NEW PROFILES, ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT SHOW CHROME
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NEW PROFILES, ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT SHOW CHROME  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: NEW PROFILES, ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT SHOW CHROME
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 10:47 PM »
Ed ,

After reading the Profile release above can I assume they're not making any offer at all to re-chrome sets that purchasers are unhappy with ? .

Matt

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 10:50 PM »
No, they are not. 

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 10:55 PM »

They look great to me........

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 11:00 PM »
Ed, this post is about the first set of profiles that landed in the U.s dude. They are not as in the pic you have posted mate, if 99% of the cranks are as the pic shows then surely Profile should take the 1% back and re-chrome as policy.
I know you dont work for Profile, but $280 is still a decent amount of cash with-out postage for scratched arms.
I dont think anyone is questioning the heritage of Skyway or Profile, just their policy on the goods that aint as advertised  :daumenhoch:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 11:04 PM »
These did'nt come out so great ........................................................

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2008, 11:07 PM »
No, they are not. 

I'm surprised by that , don't get me wrong I have a good selection of Profile parts on my NS bike & they are of a good overall quality but I would've thought customer satisfaction would be higher up on their list .

My OS Profile F+F & parts are sweeet .

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2008, 11:13 PM »
well, they don't think that the chrome plating is bad.....

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2008, 11:16 PM »
and as far as THAT set pictured, that has to be a mistake, and they will take care of that one.  Heck, I would replace that as well...  I'm just saying- I open up a box every 20 or so sets to take a peek, and I haven't seen one look that bad at all! 
-Ed

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2008, 11:19 PM »

Here's another set that someone just posted a pic of on BMX museum....

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2008, 08:38 AM »
After polishing, the next step is plating. The arms are sent to a local plater to have the chrome applied. We were all very excited when the first batch returned to our factory and felt the chrome plater did an excellent job, considering the limitations inherent in the modern chrome plating process.

FIRSTLY - I'm only writting this because I actually care.

I've looked on Vintage this morning and it seems that some of these sets have an excellent finish.

Edd, I think that the problem lies here is in the polishing as chrome is only as good as the prep work.

From the photos that Mat put up you can see the scratch marks where these marks haven't been polished out. Profile openly admit is this sentence that this was their work and not the plater's.

To be perfectly honest though and as some have said here - Its possible to get great Chrome here in the UK for a relatively small amount of money £30/40 - Maybe they could knock that off the price?

My only real dig is that Profile have been accused of less than great quality control in recent years, I feel that this is a perfect example, it looks like the first 20 sets were done nicely, then they went for lunch.

Profile have a great product range - If not the best in its class. But they are falling short - The worst thing about it is they won't admit it - And that's dissapointing !

« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 09:16 AM by diesel »

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2008, 10:03 PM »
Yeah.... I understand what you're saying....

I talked to them today about the remaining 50 sets of cranks  that I'm owed, and was told that they were going to the chromers on Monday.  It'll be interesting to see if they ended up doing a better job on the polishing on this next batch now that people have become vocal about it.

We'll see!

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2008, 10:11 PM »
Your a stand up Guy Ed, thanks for your input  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  NEW PROFILES, ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT SHOW CHROME

gfxgfx
gfx gfx