gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 05:12 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Chicksands 14th December - (Kdub remix version from Page 7)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Chicksands 14th December - (Kdub remix version from Page 7)  (Read 14341 times)

spillers#1

Re: Chicksands 23rd November - just for fun
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2008, 07:32 PM »
Forgot to say a big thanks to phil at tibbs cycles for supplying my lovely new giant stp1.gonnahave my first ride on it tomoow I haven't had use of my computer lately as its f**ked so I'm now doing this on my new google phone
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 07:36 PM by spillers#2 »

dialledbikes

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2008, 08:36 PM »
Lee, you're so techno!  ;)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2008, 08:39 PM »
Just checked the weather for Sunday and it does NOT look good  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

So they reckon we'll have sleet on Sunday.  Pah, more likely they'll get it wrong as usual and we'll get 3" of snow!!   :D Humps

kdubbmx

« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2008, 10:50 PM »
Keith is the top car park the one down sandy lane ?

Not sure if thats the name of the road Mark but as you come up the A600 go past signs for Chicksands (its not there) then you'll see an entrance to the woods on the left, go just past this then you're at the crossroads, turn left & the car park is on the right, just some poles marking out a section of a farmers field.

From here its just 30 secs flat riding to the track, if you park in the car park in the woods you have to push up a steep hill to get to the track which makes going back to the car for food/tools etc a pain!

kdubbmx

« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2008, 10:52 PM »
Just checked the weather for Sunday and it does NOT look good  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

So they reckon we'll have sleet on Sunday.  Pah, more likely they'll get it wrong as usual and we'll get 3" of snow!!   :D Humps

James michelin muds will work a treat in that!!!

chippy

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2008, 05:25 PM »

James michelin muds will work a treat in that!!!

raced in the snow before so off we  go , cheers for the directions Keith

hooga1975

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2008, 05:55 PM »
Looks like there is quite a few of us going now, it should be a puckka day.

I might take my bike for a hack down my local trails on saturday to warm the old legs up.  I havnt ridden for a while so I am going to be well unfit.

spillers#1

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2008, 09:31 AM »
went to the heath yesterday morning to have my first proper ride on my giant and
Loved it,was up there for a couple of hours on me jack jones I was originaly only
Gonna pop there for an hour but that bike gave me so much more confidence with
The jumps and riding in general that I had to force myself to go home(got lots of jobs
To do round my flat)looking forward to sunday big time come wind snow and sleet.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2008, 12:38 PM »
went to the heath yesterday morning

Oh yes Lee!!  And did you take a bike, or find one there??  >:D  Humps

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2008, 08:46 PM »
Alan could you take Joe on Sunday  ?
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

chippy

« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2008, 09:08 PM »
Are you going to daggers Billy ?

spillers#1

« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2008, 09:22 PM »
I think bills got his girls round sunday mark

Bill there's a chance I might be able to take joe if alan has no room,depends on whether might broLgoing

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2008, 09:33 PM »
Alan could you take Joe on Sunday  ?

Yes of course I could Billy.  James had originally planned taking his DH bike too but he'll take that another time and just have his Giant.  PM me your address and I'll pick him up about 8:30ish if that's OK.  Humps

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2008, 09:54 PM »
Thanks Alan  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2008, 08:23 AM »
I might be able to take joe if alan has no room,depends on whether might broLgoing

I've got Joe sorted Lee, you bring your bro and let him use your crowser.  Humps

chippy

« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2008, 06:51 AM »
Is everyone ready ???????

hooga1975

« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2008, 07:03 AM »
I have just got up and having a cup of tea.  The weather looks alright here and it dosent feel cold, fingers crossed it stays that way.  I am going to leave around half 8, see you there :daumenhoch:

DONNY R

« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2008, 07:52 AM »
spillers has woke me up like a kid on christmas day  ;D
its snowing and fooking freezing  :idiot2: but his well up for it, someone help me find him a good women :LolLolLolLol:
see you all there guys 

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2008, 01:16 PM »
The guy who was gonna come with me let me down and then I woke up and it was snowing  >:(

all was not lost as I went up the woods and worked on the dirt jumps ready for a dry spell  :daumenhoch:

:) DINGO :)

dialledbikes

« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2008, 06:45 PM »
It was wet and cold when I got there at 1030 (was almost on my arse when I stepped out of the car cos of ice under foot), but Humps, Humps Jr and Joe Stupp were already there getting their 4X on!

Had a good day of riding (well, about 4 hours before I bailed out with frozen toes and a wet arse) despite the cold, rain and wet track.  Always have a blast at Chicksands.  I wish they'd make BMX tracks that much fun/easy to jump on.  Can't wait to get back there in better conditions.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2008, 07:04 PM »
Set off at 8:30 after picking up Joe Stupple and luckily had radio on as M25 was closed just ahead of the South Mimms services/A1 turn off due to an accident.  Quick change to M11 and decided to go to Stansted and pick up the A120 cross country which they hadn't gritted or salted and was slippery as on the roundabouts.  Poor chap in a Maserati had contacted with another car just before the turn off on the M11 and was running back along the central resrvation to slow people down and avoid his priceless sports car sitting sideways in the centre lane!!  Got to Chicky at 10:15.  Bl***y freezing and it never went above -1 all day!!  Anyway we had a great laff with Mike, Kdub, Spillers, JP Mulisha, KermitQuad, Chippy, Flying Fox and a few others.  It was wet but rideable

with Joe getting some style on as only a Stupple can do

Spillers was having a ball - just look at those freckles

and this person was ringing his other half to explain his predicament before he got home (caption anyone??)

We came away about 3:30 and we're definitely going back there.  Best bit for me was Joe thinking I'm only 44 years old - I love that kid!!  No doubt JP will post up his pics as he didn't get dirty and his cruiser stayed in the van all clean and lovely.  Humps
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 07:06 PM by Humps00 »

Lil_Humps

« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2008, 07:08 PM »
Here are some pics from today which are taken from vids so they arent good quality but I thought I would post them anyway. Enjoy!
Joe:
Me n Joe:
Mark Barden AKA Chippy:
Me:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2008, 07:43 PM »
see you there
Not if your wipers pack up on your old rust bucket Lee!!   ;) Humps

spillers#1

« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2008, 08:24 PM »
Had a ball today,drove up there in sleet an snow but once there it was well worth it
Can't believe I haven't discovered chicksands before,that place really is good.

Loved that 4x track,had some good fun races with everyone especially with chippy on
The dual slalom track.....how sweet does it feel hitting them jumps mark and the drop off
Me and mark even managed to clear that jump in the berm on the 4x track on several
Ocasions with some encouragement from mr wilson me personally I'm well chuffed

I will deffo be spending more time there as I had a brilliant day.

Tell you what though I'm sitting on me sofa and my f**kin arms and my bad shoulder
Are aching like a mutha lol

Oh and by the way al jp mulisha finally got dirty and rode my bike on the 4x track several
Times..........and I have photographic evidence..........honest

chippy

« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2008, 08:51 PM »
What an amazing day again , this 4X thing and springy bikes is very addictive, A big thanks to everone who turned up and made the day what it was (bloody brilliant)and a massive thanks to Sir Keith Wilson for the masterclasses in jumping .
Also I can assure you that it only mud running down my arse in the photo  :LolLolLolLol:
Thanks again everyone cant wait till next time !

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Chicksands 14th December - (Kdub remix version from Page 7)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx