gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 11:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Snapped 3 seats in half in Months!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Snapped 3 seats in half in Months!!!  (Read 1049 times)

macky

Snapped 3 seats in half in Months!!!
« on: November 10, 2008, 05:20 AM »

Just snapped my 3rd pivitol seat in half in a matter of months!!

all 3 snapped in exactly the same way!!

Does anyone use or know of anyone who uses these seats/ posts??

just wanna try something different but don't wanna go back to railed seats!!

http://www.customriders.com/prodshow.asp?prodid=11179&cat=37&parent=1001&sid=3

Cheers!!  :daumenhoch:

Guillotte

Re: Snapped 3 seats in half in Months!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 06:55 AM »
Just lose the seat. Seats will be gone by 2009. Do it now, take dated pics, and get your signature hand prepared. 2010 frames will have a solid top tube from rear dropout to front, tip to tip,...with the manufacturer's stickered logo proudly and emphatically forcing you to acknowledge that this particular "hip" and "progressive" provider is best friends with photographers,columnists,producers,editors, contortionists,and Oedipists.

"Newly Inspired Personages Partake Longingly Extracting Soothe"

Join us in our plight to outdrink our siblings, document 10+ second farts audiologically, and have hilarious tales about the police that time we were drunk. Bonus pts for more than three tales.

But all in all, after the day is done, let your seat go. There is no longer a place for the seat in BMX Expressionism. Flat no longer needs them. Park certainly has no use. Soon, the seat grabs of dirt and vert will also become extinct as all trends will lean towards park riding. Let's face it. Flat has all but been declared extinct. And what... are there even more than 30 dedicated vert riders on the planet? Vert will exist as long as flat does because the very few artists who are drawn towards these two disciplines are drawn for a reason even they have trouble trying to articulate.

Park is popular now and has absolutely and temptingly attracted many riders, young and old, to come and feast with the friendly locals who promise nothing undeserving of a noble nor too proper for a field hand. One nosepicks with a careless foot behind the forks and is quickly imitated by a capable colleague who improvises with a foot in front of the forks. How thoughtlessly they tweak, spin, and navigate instinctively over spines, hips, and just-undervert bowl lips.

But does not every capable flatlander know and feel what is being experienced when they witness a beautiful air? And does not every vert rider see an original and graceful ground move and not unknowingly move themselves physically with the maneuver as it unfolds? And beyond that...does not every single person with true BMX love... feel and mentally disect  every single thing they see that happens on two wheels?

Lol... anyway. Lose the seat and promote the love.

lodge

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 10:01 AM »
I reckon if your breakin pivotal seats you will break those too Dave, out of interest why dont you wanna go back to railed???
I am going from pivotal back to railed as theres more position options on railed seats, i cant get a pivotal in the right position to clamp with my knees like i can a railed seat.

macky

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 01:14 PM »
Greg - dude, you should write a book!!  :daumenhoch:

;D

I reckon if your breakin pivotal seats you will break those too Dave, out of interest why dont you wanna go back to railed???
I am going from pivotal back to railed as theres more position options on railed seats, i cant get a pivotal in the right position to clamp with my knees like i can a railed seat.

I 've not really got a problem with railed seats, it was just so much weight difference between them!!

just trying to save weight anywhere i can... but pivitol seats, light they may be, strong they are not!!

I'll probably end up going back to rail!!  :-\

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just realised i've posted this in bmx videos instead of bmx chat!!  ::)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 03:33 PM by DaveMc. »

lodge

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 02:01 PM »
Be good to see some pics of the broken seats :daumenhoch:

I need to get out more i know

stumpy

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 05:00 PM »
And does not every vert rider see an original and graceful ground move and not unknowingly move themselves physically with the maneuver as it unfolds? And beyond that...does not every single person with true BMX love... feel and mentally disect  every single thing they see that happens on two wheels?

Lol...

Sorry to thread jack, but who else does this? I know i do!  :LolLolLolLol:

Stumpy

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 05:16 PM »
I can't see the point of loosing the seat Greg, it serves many purposes. First and foremost, sitting on! I'm not sure things are heading in the right direction, no seat, lower top tubes. We had that in the 80's, they were called scooters!

The reason vert riders are thin on the ground these days is because it's THE hardest decipline in BMX bar none!!

Dave, go back to a railed seat mate, we're talking ounces when it comes to weight difference. All these weight saving devices are doing exactly what TwoBob said they would - break! As you have proved three times now.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

macky

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 06:00 PM »
( I've actually seen kids at the skatepark learning whips without seats!!!  ??? )

I think i'd be wise to go back to railed seats!!  ;)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 06:08 PM by DaveMc. »

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 06:10 PM »
dave lose some weight fella lol
only kidding are they breaking when you land on em from missing whips and stuff

macky

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 06:16 PM »
dave lose some weight fella lol
only kidding are they breaking when you land on em from missing whips and stuff

:LolLolLolLol: It really is my big fat @rse!  :-[:LolLolLolLol:

Yeahh its just from like missing the pedals on certain things!!

Offline egg

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 07:38 PM »
if you need one to tie you over you can have my old one,bit tatty but still useable :daumenhoch:

macky

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 08:00 PM »

Thanks Egg, but one of the lads at Rampworx has a spare seat i can use!!  :daumenhoch:

Cheers anyway dude!!!  :daumenhoch:  :daumenhoch:

Guillotte

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 02:53 AM »
I can't see the point of loosing the seat Greg, it serves many purposes. First and foremost, sitting on! I'm not sure things are heading in the right direction, no seat, lower top tubes. We had that in the 80's, they were called scooters!

The reason vert riders are thin on the ground these days is because it's THE hardest decipline in BMX bar none!!

Dave, go back to a railed seat mate, we're talking ounces when it comes to weight difference. All these weight saving devices are doing exactly what TwoBob said they would - break! As you have proved three times now.

I've always been a fan of the seat but the way things are going, they will soon be obsolete. (just realized that rhymes). I can most definitely envision future top tubes disregarding the seat. Besides, as low as seats are now, it's not exactly a comfortable sit, now is it?

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 07:07 AM »

I've always been a fan of the seat but the way things are going, they will soon be obsolete. (just realized that rhymes). I can most definitely envision future top tubes disregarding the seat. Besides, as low as seats are now, it's not exactly a comfortable sit, now is it?

I know what you're saying dude but it's fashion thing, it's like the no brakes, it'll pass! There is absolutely NO need to have their seats as low as they do! We've managed perfectly well for 30+ years so what makes 'now' any different. Jamie Bestwick, Kevin Robinson, Dave Mirra, Jay Miron, Simon Tabron etc. etc. still ride to a reasonably acceptable level  ::) with their seats at a sensible height!

They do it because their mates do it - simple!

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

macky

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 11:14 AM »

Thats absolutely true!!

I've asked loads of younger riders why they slam their seats...

half of them thought thats just where your supposed to have your seat...

and he other half say they do it to learn whips!!

macky

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 02:27 PM »

They'll end up just bolting seats to top tubes!!

Remember...   you saw it here first!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

;D

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 03:38 PM by DaveMc. »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 02:30 PM »
not on any of my bikes they wont!   :uglystupid2:

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 04:42 PM »
dave, how high is that frame....as it has snow on top of it

Dave
haro, how do you do

lodge

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 07:33 PM »
Dave, just replaced my Macneil pivotal seat/post with a S&M slim seat/United Value post and seriously comparing the two's weight by hand I could not tell any difference.
I'm really impressed with the set up.

Mind you by looking at those pivotals youve broken I think you will break n/s railed seats but at least they will bend etc first so you will get a bit longer out of em.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 07:42 PM by S&Mc Bicycle Co »

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 09:46 PM »
Fook me Steve....you've gone S&M mad.

You'll be getting your lass some S&M gear next and I don't mean S&M bikes  :LolLolLolLol:

See yer Sunday me old fruit!

Daz.

lodge

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 09:57 PM »

You'll be getting your lass some S&M gear next and I don't mean S&M bikes  :LolLolLolLol:

Daz.

Dont knock it til youve tried it son >:D

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 10:05 PM »

Daz.

Dont knock it til youve tried it son >:D

lodge

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2008, 10:58 AM »

Daz.

I bought her this wot you reckon  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Snapped 3 seats in half in Months!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx