gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 19, 2024, 07:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Old school kickturns
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old school kickturns  (Read 968 times)

rumblebum01

Old school kickturns
« on: November 15, 2008, 01:05 AM »
The kickturn was always a basic trick but I always thought they were pretty cool so I loved pulling a 540 whenever possible in the old days. I've recently started riding again and have built up a couple of old school bikes. I've just bought a new school bike to compensate for the extra weight and sketchy moves I do these days and have been practicing again with my 12 year old lad. I'm geting the hang of kickturns again. Just thought I'd post a video that my lad did for me. Take a look at http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jVYkWhRwVEM and feel free to comment!  JJ

dikk1970

Re: Old school kickturns
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 07:44 AM »
looking good jjj keep at it
chris

WizardWeb

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 09:18 AM »
Sweet ! Good work, fella !  8)

moley

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 10:20 AM »
Bloody Show-off!!  :(

Just because I can only do a 1.5 degree kick turn followed by a faceplant and a trip to the hospital.   You have rub salt into my face wounds!!   :LolLolLolLol:

Looking good though.  I haven't seen a 720 Kickturn in ages!!  :daumenhoch:

How long before you master the 900 and 1080?  ???

rumblebum01

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 12:41 PM »
Hey up! The 720s are few and far between. In the vid I didn't react much- as if I did them all the time but secretly I was wetting myself! I'm definately going to work on a 900 even if it means just hopping the last 180. Cheers for watching and boosting my ego- it makes the lumps and bruises worth while! JJ

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • the artist formerly known as DAVE3172 !!
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 12:54 PM »
Awesome move that JJJ ...900`s a day or two away ....540`s were my limit b.i.t.d ..god knows what i could pull now though ..i spent all my time on my short ramp ...kickturn variations were always my thing ,and even today in this age of double backflips, kickturns still rock !!.....Keep rad!
With Bacofoil and a Battering Ram !

rumblebum01

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 01:30 PM »
540s were my limit too. That's why i'm so chuffed at getting a 720 now that i'm 40. Since that vids got such a good reaction I'm thinking about doing another full of old school tricks- Miami Hoppers, cherry pickers, infinity rolls, surfers and rock walks etc. Watch this space!!! Keep up the good work dude. JJ :daumenhoch:

rosscoe

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 04:58 PM »
kick turns huh.....    ::)   now theres a trick     8)

720 spin is sweet matey, but the 900 will rock, and it aint far away by the looks of things

moley

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 05:05 PM »
Whats the most number of spins anyones completed? ???

jon foz

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 05:15 PM »
Exactly what I was thinking Moley ::) with all the tricks the kids do now its most likely to be about an 1800  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 05:19 PM »
What you really need is a louder cassett hub  :LolLolLolLol:

Well done on the 720 btw  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

moley

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 05:21 PM »
I just looked on you tube and apart from JJJ's 720 theres isn't much to look at.

No 900's :(

Stop lounging around JJJ.  Peel your eyes from X Factor and get back on that ramp!!

The 900 is waiting for you!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 11:42 PM »
Nice kickturns !

Sounds like it's time to get the old Haro Sport out of retirement and start doing some kickturns........

rumblebum01

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 12:14 AM »
I have a Hutch Trickstar but I've decided to run a new school bike as well. I'm going to keep the Hutch for some proper old school sessions. Might do a youtube old school flatland vid soon! :daumenhoch: Cheers dude. JJ

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Old school kickturns

gfxgfx
gfx gfx