gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 12:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  **couple of TECHNICAL ISSUES, HELP?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: **couple of TECHNICAL ISSUES, HELP?  (Read 899 times)

d14vd_h

**couple of TECHNICAL ISSUES, HELP?
« on: January 26, 2006, 07:02 PM »
right guys ive got a couple of technical issues i need hep with_

1. when i m riding my simplex gives off  a noise as if a ball bearing is loose and rolling around inside the hub, but when im off the bike and spin the wheel there is no noise it runs perfect smooth and quiet, THOUGHTS?

2. no matter what i do i cannot seem to get me aeroyal seat tight, no matter how much i tighten the bolts,
is there a washer i can add or something i need replacing???

3. My brothers freewheel makes a clicking noise when it turns, how do i aleivate this noise???

4. can diacompe mx1000's with tech 3 levers running on tuff 2s be tightened enough to allow endos' at the moment they are not that effective

any input would be great guys!
cheers!

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: **couple of TECHNICAL ISSUES, HELP?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 12:07 AM »
well.....

1.  Dunno.  Double check its not summat dancing around inside your frame........ also, off the bike, spin the wheel really, really slowly and have a listen. You might just be flinging it too fast too allow the thing to rattle?

2. Seat tight on the post do you mean?  what sort of fixing is it?  if its conventional guts, then they are just shagged - end of.  new guts will cure it.

3. You can run some light oil into a conventional freewheel (lay the bike on its side and drip oil into it via the small gap between inner bit and outer bit), that will shut it up with no adverse effects.  DO NOT do this with cassette hubs, they do not like oil or grease at all and will kill you eventually if you have them running silently.

4. brake quality is more about clean braking surfaces, deglazed blocks (rub em on a bit of sandpaper or the concrete floor), and a nicely lubed cable routed correctly.  I used to run mx1000s on Tuffs with no worries  :)  Make sure you actually have a gap between block and rim, so the wheel runs free, this will actually make the brake better  ;)

Hope that helps  :)

d14vd_h

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 12:38 AM »
excellent advise mate,
couple of replies,

- u dont happen to know how to take a simplex apart do u? could do ith a rundown

- its normal guts they will be duly replaced

- how do i tell the difference between noraml freewheel and cassette

- think the brakes need a service and some fresh blocks and cables that should sort it

thanks a bunch! :daumenhoch:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 02:48 AM »
you could try making a shim out of a tin can for the seat.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  **couple of TECHNICAL ISSUES, HELP?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx