gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:53 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  I know prices are still rising but 90 quid for an Aero Reflex F&F WTF !?!?!?!?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I know prices are still rising but 90 quid for an Aero Reflex F&F WTF !?!?!?!?  (Read 3383 times)

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
aahh but would you rather have a viv westwood survivor or a NOS ethel austins boob tube  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

dannywhiteley

I was talkin to my bro last night about Reflex's as I swap[ped him a spare NOS frame and forks I had for a pair of trainers in the summer.  He wanted £15 for the trainers so in that respect got a cheap 80's f&f.

Its his only bmx item, and when they were going for £20 odd quid in the summer it was a fair deal (I has a another and would never use them both).  Now they are going for £50, and as I said to him last night, could well be worth £75 in 12 months time. 

I mentioned how they cost £130 for a f&f's back in the day, and compared that to a DP Firebird Freestyler that weighed in at £80.  Now look at how the prices of thes have gone.  £250 for a decent frame and forks.  It was such a cheap popular frame back then, everybody who had one wants one now.  Hence the price of em going crazy.

As Sir Alan Sugar once said to Duncan Bannatine, 'its all about sapply and demand"...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 09:54 AM by dannywhiteley »

ozone

I can see why people would pay top dollar for a DP or Skyway etc. - mostly, it's because they owned that bike when they were a kid and they mean something to them.  These reflexes were decent quality but far too expensive BITD so that's why there was a warehouse full of unsold frames.  If they really are worth £90 this guy should sell them in an online auction with no reserve - if he is right, they should easily do that. 

This hobby seems to be all about setting precedents, now.  If some div stumps up £90 for one of his reflexes, then everybody who has one will believe their Reflex is worth that.  It's profiteering like this, that spoils whats meant to be a fun hobby...

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
If they really are worth £90 this guy should sell them in an online auction with no reserve - if he is right, they should easily do that. 

And i guess that's why i started this thread in the first place - not to question the quality or it's worth related to build quality etc. but to question whether this guy is taking the p!ss with his buy it now price and if people on here will actually buy them for that priced today. At the end of the day, if we were all riding around on reflexes BITD i'm sure he would get more than double his asking price for an NOS f&f today - but we weren't. That's why if there is a well known survivor frame for 100 quid or an NOS reflex for the same i think most people will buy the survivor that they had or wanted when they were a kid.

beaglepopper

At the end of the day nothing is a hobby, its all business. I agree £90 is above the going price but no one has a gun to your head so you dont have to buy it, however someone has bought one, good businessman is what i say & a good businessman is not your best mate that sells you something cheap or at a loss. As i said i dont agree with it but if your ruthless enough you will price it at well over the going rate. You can not argue because you dont have to buy & you CAN find them cheaper else where. You wouldnt go in a car show room & say this  £15,000 car will only be worth £10,000 next year would you? You would just buy it & that my friends is business!!!!

« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 09:47 PM by beaglepopper »

munners

At the end of the day nothing is a hobby, its all business. I agree £90 is above the going price but no one has a gun to your head so you dont have to buy it, however someone has bought one, good businessman is what i say & a good businessman is not your best mate that sells you something cheap or at a loss. As i said i dont agree with it but if your ruthless enough you will price it at well over the going rate. You can not argue because you dont have to buy & you CAN find them cheaper else where. You wouldnt go in a car shoe room & say this car £15,000 car will only be worth £10,000 next year would you? You would just buy it & that my friends is business!!!!

EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY!!!!

Couldnt have said it better.

beaglepopper

Why thank you  ;)

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
 ;D He He He - This has been a good thread - good to see everyone having strong opinions  :daumenhoch:

At the end of the day of course everyone is right 'cos if you want to pay that price and are happy to then you get the goods you want, and if you don't you buy something else, it's all up to the buyer and if the seller makes good profit out of it then fair play too him - I just thought the price jumped up a large percentage in a very short period of time - rather than a gradual progression from the original 25 quid of a couple of months ago up to 90 quid over a longer period of time ??
Ah well if your happy to pay then go for it - i'll be sticking my 90 quid towards my next lil' survivor I find :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  I know prices are still rising but 90 quid for an Aero Reflex F&F WTF !?!?!?!?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx