gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975641 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 07:03 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  Bestwick in Levis
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bestwick in Levis  (Read 3825 times)

chromeOrange

Re: Bestwick in Levis
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 01:18 PM »
Some interesting comments on this thread. Like most I thought the Levi's DVD was great. Hadn't thought really hard about the hi-corporate sponsership thing until now...

Someone said they don't / wouldn't read DIG magazine. Why? When I got back into BMX'ing in the late 90's I really enjoyed reading DIG. And the last issue was really good too. Is it because it is just so far removed from Old School? I prefer to keep an interest in both camps if it is - don't want to give up the last flourish of youth just yet...

These new riders, kids really, and doing some amazing things with their bikes. Hopefully there will always be progression in BMX regardless of the monies involved...

Mark.

evamedia

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 01:32 PM »
It's funny, to me Dig always stood for the rider owned companies etc. , now the editor is TM for Nike 6.0

lodge

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 01:44 PM »
Some interesting comments on this thread. Like most I thought the Levi's DVD was great. Hadn't thought really hard about the hi-corporate sponsership thing until now...

Someone said they don't / wouldn't read DIG magazine. Why? When I got back into BMX'ing in the late 90's I really enjoyed reading DIG. And the last issue was really good too. Is it because it is just so far removed from Old School? I prefer to keep an interest in both camps if it is - don't want to give up the last flourish of youth just yet...

These new riders, kids really, and doing some amazing things with their bikes. Hopefully there will always be progression in BMX regardless of the monies involved...

Mark.

I too was surprised to learn that many members on here refuse to read both Dig and Ride I suspect your right about it being because its so removed from oldschool but sure there will be other reasons.
I myself feel the same when it drops through the letterbox as i did 25 years ago when bmxactionbike dropped, I think many just wont give n/s a chance.
I think the progression thing has been proved as some of the biggest progression in bmx took place during the dead years.

subversion

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 02:33 PM »
I agree but there's something nice about seeing people like Morgan Wade getting something back.

Totally agree & I think all sponsored riders who ride for non BMX, corporate co's should milk them for all they can get! with regard to the Levi's film, some of the posing footage in their jeans 'product' was really quite sickening in a blatantly using BMXer's as a vehicle to sell more product stylee.

cynical moi?

darkersomeday

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 05:44 PM »
bestwick rocks.

but fook levi's,

i'll say it again,

fook levi's.

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2008, 10:22 AM »
the vid is good, too much barspin, tailwhip, backflip etc...  for my liking but that is the fashion at the moment, bestwick rocks, i love seeing single tricks being done huge, tricks like supermans, double can cans and indian airs, no rushing to fit it all in just one big slow smooth trick

Nice vid but there's not a fooking chance any corporate sponsor would prop up BMX when it falls on hard times again. They see it as nothing more than a ca$h machine. Once it's all used up again they'll pull the rug & won't be seen for dust :rant:

It'll be like the good old days all over again! can't wait! >:D

i totally agree with you :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: id rather buy my bike stuff from a company who are rider owned and who have been here for the good and bad times and have my intrests at heart rather than a corprate company who wanna make even more cash than the millions there already making daily

as for bmx mags like ride, i stopped buying it in the mid 90's when it became more about advertising than it did about actual riding itself, never really read dig as when it was first issued nowhere really stocked it

i pretty much dont follow what happens in bmx anymore i just like riding my bike and at the end of the day aslong as you go ride your bike and have fun with it thats all that matters :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 10:27 AM by kev s »

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2008, 11:00 AM »

bestwick makes me stiff

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  Bestwick in Levis

gfxgfx
gfx gfx