gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 08:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Running Fat Rear Tyres
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Running Fat Rear Tyres  (Read 546 times)

lodge

Running Fat Rear Tyres
« on: November 07, 2008, 10:11 PM »
For reasons i cant explain i like to run a fat tyre on the rear, the problem is the tyre fouls the brake arms, on my last bike i filed the 990 arms to get clearance but on my new ride with a proper mag rear brake i cant do this i have tried adjusting the blocks to pull the arms off the tyre, tried putting extra link in chain but makes it too long, the tyres not mega fat its a KHE mac 2.0.
The only thing i can think of is a half link chain to get more acurate length.

Any suggestions other than a thinner tyre welcome.

Cheers

Voodoocars

Re: Running Fat Rear Tyres
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 10:43 AM »
Bin the brake. Fit a coaster if you really want a brake. Thinner tire obviously. Try coolstop pads without spacers as they are quite flat and would draw the brake arm away from the tire.

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 04:43 PM »
i also run a fat front and rear tyre and ive even ground me dropouts b4 to get the wheel even further forward
and never had the tyre rub on me brake any picts of the clearance prob

lodge

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 05:07 PM »
Got this sorted now fella's binned the proper brake and fitted a fly as it seems to have more clearance than the proper and 990 brakes cheers anyway.

what brake you running lazychubs?

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 05:30 PM »
a fly now but used to run the old oddy evolver even had the wheel 2mm from the bottom wishbone on me old macniel
with no probs lol

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Running Fat Rear Tyres

gfxgfx
gfx gfx