gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 17, 2024, 08:42 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Oldskool tricks you never managed to nail!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Oldskool tricks you never managed to nail!  (Read 4542 times)

nee

Re: Oldskool tricks you never managed to nail!
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2008, 02:21 PM »

Miami hoppers, could get up on the bike and balance, and pull out of them, never rode into a single One.
That's one i only nailed in recent years funny enough.
Im not sure if this is the 'proper' way to do them, but i grab the seat before putting the front brake on....that way when you put the front brake on you kinda pull the back wheel up with your seat hand.
So you roll along grabbing the seat, put the front brake on at the same time as turning the bars and pull up with your seat arm.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2008, 10:37 PM »

Miami hoppers, could get up on the bike and balance, and pull out of them, never rode into a single One.
Im not sure if this is the 'proper' way to do them, but i grab the seat before putting the front brake on....that way when you put the front brake on you kinda pull the back wheel up with your seat hand.
So you roll along grabbing the seat, put the front brake on at the same time as turning the bars and pull up with your seat arm.

That's the way most of us have always done them..!  :LolLolLolLol:

nee

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2008, 03:47 PM »

Ah fair play!

I've seen them done doing an endo and crossing the bars before grabbing the seat......... so i wasn't sure if grabbing the seat beforehand was considered cheating! lol

rosscoe

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2008, 05:56 PM »

sounds like a hard way to me

bmxer4ever

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2008, 07:20 PM »

sounds like a hard way to me

Either way is valid - as long as you ride in and out of it, it doesn't really matter! Talkin' of hoppers, I've actually been havin' trouble with the buggers lately! Must practice them more...

Guillotte

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2008, 02:22 AM »
only ever did pedal pickers with a coaster, sod that with a freewheel

They weren't that hard with a freewheel!

Unless you tried them off a quarterpipe -  then they hurt...!  :LolLolLolLol:

G

So rad. Gary, weren't you a Masterclass rider? I can't remember. Some MC riders were better than the pros. I loved watching both. It was like 2 pro classes! MAN I miss the old comps :'(

bmxer4ever

« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2008, 05:50 PM »
only ever did pedal pickers with a coaster, sod that with a freewheel

They weren't that hard with a freewheel!

Unless you tried them off a quarterpipe -  then they hurt...!  :LolLolLolLol:

G

So rad. Gary, weren't you a Masterclass rider? I can't remember. Some MC riders were better than the pros. I loved watching both. It was like 2 pro classes! MAN I miss the old comps :'(

Cheers Greg - I never made it out of the quarterpipe ones! Not a good trick to crash on - it's kinda all or nothing!
I was Masterclass in 1986, ended up 5th overall that year and qualified for Pro, took 3rd at Holeshot flat behind Pepi and McCoy. Took the Pro flat title and the Worlds in '87.
Then it all went pear shaped..... :LolLolLolLol:

Never stopped riding although I've had my quiet spells...!

Guillotte

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2008, 05:08 AM »
Never did pedal pickers but towards the end, I could fly out into a cherrypicker and drop back in with usually less than 2 hops. Almost had them dialed as CP taps. Learned them on the Terrel ramp. Last ramp I ever rode. I'm an idiot for choosing the fast lane over riding. UGH!1!11!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2008, 10:54 AM »
Never did pedal pickers but towards the end, I could fly out into a cherrypicker and drop back in with usually less than 2 hops. Almost had them dialed as CP taps. Learned them on the Terrel ramp. Last ramp I ever rode. I'm an idiot for choosing the fast lane over riding. UGH!1!11!

WHAT? You pop out and LAND in a cherrypicker???? EH?
That's never been done! (Well, not to my limited knowledge!!)
You GOTTA get back on the bike dude!

welsh denny

« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2008, 09:04 PM »
never heard of anyone doing the cp tyretap either from a flyout.   :wtf:

Guillotte

« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2008, 12:45 AM »
Considering what's been done, it's not really that big a deal :LolLolLolLol:

welsh denny

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2008, 09:54 PM »
mix it new skool- cp tyretap to footjam tailwhip nosepick.  :LolLolLolLol:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2008, 10:20 PM »
Considering what's been done, it's not really that big a deal :LolLolLolLol:

Wait a minute - we're talkin' about poppin' out, and LANDING in a cherrypicker?
NO-ONE has ever done that.
That IS a big deal, never mind 'what's been done'!

New move dude!

sean

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2008, 11:38 PM »
I never rode out of a cherry picker drop-in on the 1/4. Had to settle for doing them on the mini ramp.

markatkins

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2008, 11:58 PM »
I was talking to Zac Shaw earlier and he knew all about this cherry picker tap.He rode with Greg and seen him do it.Thats some crazy trick!!

rumblebum01

« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2008, 01:51 PM »
I could do 540 kickturns all day long but couldn't get any further until 25 years later- i'm rather proud at the mo so please have a watch  :D http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jVYkWhRwVEM   JJ

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Oldskool tricks you never managed to nail!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx