gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 04:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  what defines a show bike
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: what defines a show bike  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: what defines a show bike
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 02:52 PM »
my two show winning bikes:-

everything on this one is used and restored:-

and the other one gets treated like this:-

so I dont think there is a "set" definition,

Build it and if it makes you happy, show it! If it makes someone else happy thats a welcome bonus in my book  :daumenhoch:

:) DINGO :)

mark 2

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 03:15 PM »
Correctness for me is what should be a winner over anything, with as few compromises as possible to the authenticity of the era of what your trying to create. I'll give you an example. You could put some shiny new twin pinch flights on your bike, new font a'me's and rainbow comp 3's, all singing and blinging, turn up at mk and the same bike is next to yours with a grubby opc, beaten up bubble a'me's and some bald yellow label comp 3's looking a bit sorry for itself. What bike draws you in and has the edge?

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 03:17 PM »
Fresh out of the Encyclopedia BMXica :

showbike : noun/ a bike built up by the owner that he or she is proud to show to others.

:daumenhoch:      :daumenhoch:      :daumenhoch:
 :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 03:18 PM by bobafett »
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

aditup 2234

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 06:23 PM »
My point exactly! (apart from the money thing)
Ad

munners

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2008, 06:30 PM »
Correctness for me is what should be a winner over anything, with as few compromises as possible to the authenticity of the era of what your trying to create. I'll give you an example. You could put some shiny new twin pinch flights on your bike, new font a'me's and rainbow comp 3's, all singing and blinging, turn up at mk and the same bike is next to yours with a grubby opc, beaten up bubble a'me's and some bald yellow label comp 3's looking a bit sorry for itself. What bike draws you in and has the edge?

Spot on in my opinion.  ;)

I bet alot of peeps dont know that the Ame's they buy on ebay aren't era correct because of the font. ???

aditup 2234

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 06:39 PM »

I bet alot of peeps dont know that the Ame's they buy on ebay aren't era correct because of the font. ???

You see?, we are now back to the "anal" era correct thing.
Who gives a fook about shit like that? I am sure I don't, and the majority don't.
OK, lets spend ridiculous amounts of money on era correct sh1t!!!!!!!!
Are you a millionaire? If so, then enjoy, if not, enjoy, regardless.
Ad

munners

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2008, 06:42 PM »
keep your hair on. :idiot2:

Its what you like. Im fussy and want my builds right.

Anyway i have always bought my early Ame's at the same price as the newer ones.

aditup 2234

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2008, 06:46 PM »
BULLY FOR YOU!!!!!!!
Congatulations!

dbman

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2008, 06:46 PM »

You see?, we are now back to the "anal" era correct thing.
Who gives a fook about shit like that? I am sure I don't, and the majority don't.
OK, lets spend ridiculous amounts of money on era correct sh1t!!!!!!!!
Are you a millionaire? If so, then enjoy, if not, enjoy, regardless.
Ad

Didnt know you had to be rich to afford a survivor ...........anal?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 06:49 PM by dbman »

munners

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2008, 06:49 PM »
BULLY FOR YOU!!!!!!!
Congatulations!

Few too many this afternoon? :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2008, 06:50 PM »
My dad says bully for you  ;D
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2008, 07:38 PM »
it's a bike that likes singing and dancing and want's to be a star.  :LolLolLolLol:
era correctness within a few years seems fine, but new school cranks on your old school carpet queen is just lazy and takes f/all effort to do. But show what you like, only a bellend would try and pick your pride and joy apart to make themselves feel superior.
there were some ugly builds at mk, but if you aint got anything positive to say, keep your mouth zipped, it's not a forum out there and manners are expected at the social gatherings. Get yer caps lock nunchakas is full swing here, but be kind rewind in person, after all the builder loves their bike, who are we to judge?  >:D

truth, i can't take the showing bikes thing serious. Like to see nice bikes, but a competition doesn't do it for me. To each their own i suppose. ???
ding dong

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  what defines a show bike

gfxgfx
gfx gfx