gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 02:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  BC membership/license for 2009
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BC membership/license for 2009  (Read 6222 times)

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
BC membership/license for 2009
« on: November 06, 2008, 06:47 PM »
Just read over on BMXTalk that you are gonna need a British Cycling membership if you wanna race more than 2 summer regionals and hence the Brits, will this affect the OS class and will you pay to play?

:) DINGO :)

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: BC membership/license for 2009
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 06:51 PM »
Happy to pay, just renewed a couple of weeks ago.

£15 aint bad  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 07:01 PM »
Happy to pay, just renewed a couple of weeks ago.

£15 aint bad  :daumenhoch:

you have to have a silver or Gold mambership to race apparently? starts at £35 for Silver plus your £15.50 licence on top

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 07:05 PM »
Thats a C@nt! Will have to check Talk out  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 07:05 PM »
My feelings exactly, numbers will drop for sure

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 07:08 PM »
Yes you will need one to race old school as it will be a recognised class next year, but I think you only need Bronze to race regionals, Silver or Gold for Nationals, btbh the Silver gives better insurance so is what most people go for.

Don`t buy one before the 1st Jan 09 though as the licence runs from Jan to Dec no matter when you buy it, so if you bought it now it would run out on the 31st Dec08  :(
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 07:09 PM »
Yes you will need one to race old school as it will be a recognised class next year, but I think you only need Bronze to race regionals, Silver or Gold for Nationals, btbh the Silver gives better insurance so is what most people go for.

Don`t buy one before the 1st Jan 09 though as the licence runs from Jan to Dec no matter when you buy it, so if you bought it now it would run out on the 31st Dec08  :(

there doing an OAP discount just for you next year Stupple  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 07:14 PM »
Silver or Gold membership plus a racing licence:
All regional racing between May and September
Regional Championships
National Series events
British Championships

for 2009 ^^^ thats the new ruling

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 07:18 PM »

there doing an OAP discount just for you next year Stupple  :LolLolLolLol:

Well you`ve just joined my age class Jai  :-X
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 07:21 PM »

Silver and Gold are until end of Dec, bronze is for 12 months from date of purchase  :daumenhoch:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 07:30 PM »
MY LICENSE AND SILVER MEMBERSHIP COST ME 65 QUID LAST YR???

R

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 09:41 AM »
the Silver gives better insurance so is what most people go for

The Gold membership gives Personal Accident Cover (not investigated the details but I'm sure someone on here has) but as far as I know the Silver only gives you Liability Insurance to cover a situation if you were being sued by someone for an incident.  Humps

moomin

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 09:42 AM »
There was a thread in Old School and generally people said it was a good idea to have licenses anyways for insurance etc :daumenhoch:

The Old School is an official class and so we now have to comply with BCF, most people are racing other classes so will have a license anyway. If it's £65 then it's £65, not a lot anyone can do about it tbh :-X

moley

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2008, 10:53 AM »
the Silver gives better insurance so is what most people go for

The Gold membership gives Personal Accident Cover (not investigated the details but I'm sure someone on here has) but as far as I know the Silver only gives you Liability Insurance to cover a situation if you were being sued by someone for an incident.  Humps

Correct! :daumenhoch:

Racing License Details

Racing License £15.50 (for persons both OVER and UNDER 23 years of age)

Racing License is for SILVER and GOLD members ONLY

A racing licence is normally required to enter competitive cycling events in the UK. Silver and Gold members may purchase a licence with their membership. It is free to under 16s and runs from 1st January to 31st December. The licence gives full access to ability categories, participation in national and international events, regional championships, National Rankings and National Points Series competition

NB. Racing Licenses run from 1st Jan to 31st Dec.   If you buy a Racing License on the 1st of Sept then you have to renew your Racing License on the 1st Jan.

British Cycling Membership Details

Bronze member £13

- Weekly newsletter
- Provisional racing licence
- Discounts for hotels, shops and services
- Membership card

Membership card; provisional racing licence, allowing you to race in all Go-Race events; FOC discounts with a range of affinity benefits, including the AA, Fitness First, Chillivideo, Carphone Warehouse; access to a network of coaches and cycling development officers; access to training and competition advice.

Silver member £35

- Liability insurance protection
- Legal advice and support
- Weekly newsletter
- Membership card

All benefits included under Bronze membership with the following additions: Third party public liability insurance (with an indemnity limit of £10 million and NO EXCESS); legal advice and support; access to a full racing licence; professional indemnity insurance and regular newsletter for all registered coaches and activity leaders; entry into all regional C/C+ and Go-race events at no extra cost (no ranking points available though).

Gold member £62

- Liability insurance protection
- Personal accident insurance
- Legal advice and support
- Quarterly racing calendar
- Weekly newsletter
- Access to a full racing licence
- Membership card

All benefits included under Bronze and Silver membership with the following additions: Personal Accident Insurance for incidents occurring whilst cycling in the UK at any time; access to a full racing licence; four free issues of the quarterly Racing Calendar magazine.

GOLD members are covered for ALL cycling at ANY time in the UK, including direct travel to and from any venue for the purposes of participating in an event organised by/or under the auspices of British Cycling. Benefits include: £50,000 cover for permanent total disability; total and irrecoverable loss of sight of one or both eyes; loss of one or both limbs; total and permanent loss of hearing in both ears; total and permanent loss of speech; £7,500 death benefit (£5,000 for U/16s and members aged 70-75); hospital cash benefit of £25 for each complete 24-hr period up to a maximum of £750. Conditions do apply. Full details

Personal Accident Insurance

Personal Accident insurance cover is provided for all Gold members aged between 5 and 75 years. This is an additional form of insurance cover providing death, permanent disability and hospital benefits.

Gold members are covered for non-competitive, social, leisure and utility cycling and also competitive cycling in events held under the auspices of British Cycling. Gold members are also covered whilst participating in competitive events held under the auspices of other cycling organisations whose rules and regulations (including Event Safety Guidelines) are acceptable to British Cycling. (Cover includes direct travel to and from any venue for the purposes of participating in an approved event.)

Silver & Bronze members do not benefit from personal accident insurance.[/color]

Benefits:

Permanent disability - £50,000
Total and irrecoverable loss of sight of one or both eyes - £50,000
Loss of one or both limbs - £50,000
Total and permanent loss of hearing in one ear - £12,500
Total and permanent loss of hearing in both ears - £50,000
Total and permanent loss of speech - £50,000
Death - £7,500 (£5,000 for under 16 and 71-75 years old)
Hospital cash benefit - £25 for each complete 24 hour period up to a maximum £750.
Conditions:

Permanent disability defined as "any and every" occupation
Includes use of power cycles (not registered for road use) or dernys
Excludes:
- professional cycling
- occupational use, tool of trade
- temporary or partial disablement
Age limit: 5 to 75 year olds
Benefits limited to £5,000 max. for members aged 71-75 yrs
Geographical limit - worldwide subject to a maximum of 21-days outside UK
All claims to be reported within 5 working days and independent evidence required that the cycle has been involved in an accident.
Whilst we are unable to provide this additional cover to members aged over 75 years and under 5 years, it is very important to remember that members' liability insurance cover is still provided to ALL Gold and Silver members without age restriction.

Liability Insurance For Members AT FAULT

Third Party (Public) Liability Insurance is provided by British Cycling's insurers to SILVER and GOLD members who are normally resident in the United Kingdom and find themselves wholly or partly responsible for an incident whilst riding or wheeling their cycle.

If you are involved in an incident that was (or is alleged to have been) your fault or partly your fault your insurance cover indemnifies you in respect of a successful third party claim made against you to a limit of £10 million and you will not be liable for the payment of any insurance 'excess'. This essential member insurance covers non-competitive, social, leisure and utility cycling and also competitive cycling in events held under the auspices of British Cycling.

SILVER and GOLD members are also covered whilst participating in competitive events held under the auspices of other cycling organisations whose rules and regulations (including Event Safety Guidelines) are acceptable to British Cycling.

Motor Pacers holding Silver or Gold membership and a valid and appropriate British Cycling Motor Pacing licence are also covered whilst driving derny or pacing motors up to a maximum of 125cc. Drivers of motor pacing machines over 125cc must apply to British Cycling headquarters for insurance cover.

The following organisations, as at 30/11/05, promote competitive events under rules and regulations (including Event Safety Guidelines) that are acceptable to British Cycling:

Scottish Cyclists' Union
Welsh Cycling Union
Northern Ireland Cycling Federation
CTT (Cycling Time Trials)
WCRA (Womens Cycle Racing Association)
BSCA (British Schools Cycling Association)
BUSA (British Universities Sports Association)
UCI affiliated National Governing Bodies
Members wishing to check whether or not their individual insurance cover extends to a competitive event held under the auspices of another cycling organisation should contact Membership Services on 0161 274 2010.

Other Cycling Organisations

Before participating in competitive events organised by other cycling organisations members are strongly advised to consult the event organiser with regard to the existence and extent of liability insurance cover provided for all riders and officials. Whilst members may be covered under the organiser’s insurance arrangements they should be aware that some cycling organisations and promoters of competitive cycling events provide a significantly lower level of indemnity for their riders and officials and also that, where the member is at fault or partly at fault for a cycling incident, the member may be required to pay a substantial 'excess'.

Members are also reminded that some cycling organisations may only arrange 'contingent' liability insurance cover for their event, which means that their policy will only provide cover in the absence of any other insurance policy. Under these circumstances any other insurance cover that the member or participant may have will be at risk.

British Cycling’s member liability insurance is arranged on a 'primary specific' basis - which means that a claim will not be referred to any other insurance policy that our members may have**.

It is important to note that the insurance covers your legal liability and legal costs and expenses in the event of negligence only and does not cover deliberate acts. Exclusions include: business use and the following 'member to member' claims:

One competitor against another in a cycle race or time trial
Any liability directly or indirectly caused to a Member’s immediate family arising from either social or competitive cycling events
Claims against members who are not resident in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, or the Channel Islands

** members travelling to the USA or Canada must have appropriate travel insurance

moley

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2008, 10:59 AM »
I'm still not sure about a Bronze Membership for racing at Regionals!!!  ???

The Bronze Membership gives a Provisional Racing License and doesn't cover injury or liability!!

So what use is it?   ???

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2008, 11:11 AM »
So does the cost of Silver and Gold include a Race Licence or is that extra and if so ££££????

moley

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2008, 11:52 AM »
Membership gives you Cover (Liability or Injury or both)

Racing License is £15.50 extra in top.

Racing License is for Silver or Gold Members ONLY.

Bronze membership has a Provisional License thrown in with it but you get no Liability or Injury or legal fees or anything.

So what is the point of having a Bronze membership?

It might give you a Provisional License......................but does that mean you can race Regional BMX Races on it!!

I personally will go with the GOLD membership.   It has Liability if you get sued, Injury protection (not great values but its something) and Legal fees cover.  Also it covers you when your dossing on your bike in your back yard or down on some wasteland jumping off some bodged crappy ramp.   It covers travelling to and from BCF event too (so maybe it will cover crashing your car).

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 12:18 PM »
So what is the point of having a Bronze membership?

It might give you a Provisional License......................but does that mean you can race Regional BMX Races on it!!

Latest change from BC is that a Bronze membership will not be acceptable for SUMMER Regionals as per quote from BC minutes:
" The following BC licensing requirements will be implemented for 2009:

Open to any rider with or without BC membership:
Open races
Club races
Winter regionals
A maximum of 2 summer regionals if they have taken place before May
Novice racing at regionals "
So it seems that you must take out a Silver or Gold licence if you intend to ride the summer series in any Region which is added to the £15.50 membership.  Not sure if the "Youth and Under 12" free bit for Gold & Sliver licence holders still applies or if everyone is expected to pay the same.  Looks like if you're over 17 then you'll be paying £50.50 minimum if you intend to do Regionals & above.  'kin hell!!  That means I'll be shelling out for at least one of my moto-fillers who's currently at Uni and not earning a bean!!  Humps

moley

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2008, 03:41 PM »
Nice one Humps!!  :daumenhoch:

Thats cleared it up!!

For the Old School Class :-

Winter Regionals = No Membership and No License is required!!  :)

Summer Regionals = Silver £35 or Gold £62 Membership + Racing License £15.50 (Total fees - Silver £50.50 and Gold £77.50)

NB.  Dont forget!!!  The Racing License is Jan 1st to Dec 31st.   BCF Membership is 1 year from date you join or renew!!  :daumenhoch:

nishiki14

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 12:15 AM »
I spoke to Roger at the BCF sometime ago and he said that the minimum requirement to ride Oldschool in the summer for Regionals and the Brits was "Bronze Membership" and NO race licence, now I understand that the membership has been changed to "Silver" but does anyone know if we now need the "Race licence" too? Coz I dont know :idiot2:

moomin

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 07:12 AM »
As it is an official class the old school will be required to have the same license as all other recognised classes, this year all that was required was a bronze membership, if the BCF decide that silver is required for Regional and the Brits then that is what everyone will have to pay for.

thecrooch

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 08:50 AM »
Sam

you have to have a race licence to race - simple really....

no one seems to have mentioned that you get a discount on your first year...

moley

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 09:19 AM »
Bronze Membership has a Provisional Racing license included in the price.

Because OS wasn't an official class, thats why you could race on it!

As Nikki said, it's now an official class and you need a Full Racing License.

A Racing License is ONLY available to Silver and Gold Members.

So if you race in the Summer Series you'll have to stump up the dosh.

no one seems to have mentioned that you get a discount on your first year...

If you get a discount on your 1st year then thats good to know!!  :daumenhoch:

motomagII

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 02:34 PM »
well iwas happy to get the bronze licence but after the winter series i reckon its getting more and more cost wise to race and it will probably be my last season as costs are getting too much especially when you are talking 60/70 quids to fork out in one go

moley

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 03:00 PM »
£77.50 for Gold with Liability, Legal fees and Personal Injury Cover +  Membership and Racing License isn't too bad!

It covers you for any Racing involving cycling under the BCF umbrella and includes and any leisure cycling too!  :daumenhoch:

I might even try a road race for a laff!! :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  BC membership/license for 2009

gfxgfx
gfx gfx