gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:02 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Brazed or Welded Bars - POS ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Brazed or Welded Bars - POS ?  (Read 868 times)

snav69

Brazed or Welded Bars - POS ?
« on: November 04, 2008, 02:38 PM »
Just having a rumage around the shed and came across these that have been hanging around for longer than i can remember  ::) What do you reckon the joints are held together with  ??? welding or brazing  :-\ they are pretty light bars too that are 26.5" wide and 8.5" rise , if they are reynolds i will probably get them rechromed or sell as is, if not they will probably go to the tip  :LolLolLolLol:
What ever the jointing method is it looks shite  :10_2_12:  :2funny:
as always , any help greatly appreciated  :)

Paul  :coolsmiley:

fouronethreeoh!

Re: Brazed or Welded Bars - POS ?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 04:42 PM »
Im gonna say brazed, also holy c r a p  :shocked: how many dia compes have you got.

snav69

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 04:50 PM »
Im gonna say brazed, also holy c r a p  :shocked: how many dia compes have you got.

Cheers  :daumenhoch:
the dia compes  :-[
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 06:15 PM by snav69 »

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 06:24 PM »
that b braizing  ;) but not of the top class variety as on Curtis etc . nice bars tho  :daumenhoch:

snav69

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 09:09 PM »
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: holy fook how many diacompes have you got

Thats not all of them either  :-[

dannywhiteley

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 10:02 PM »
They look just like some bars I got on a Prolite.  Very similar to my Reynolds bars but the quality just wasnt the same.  Think I ended up tipping them.  The brazing/weld looked exactly same and they felt very lightweight (but not in a good way if you know what I mean).

snav69

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 10:21 PM »
I don't think i would try riding with them as they are far too light for my liking  ;D and the joints look like a friday afternoon rush job before clocking off for the weekend  :2funny:
God knows what they are but the company couldn't have lasted churning these bad boys out  :-X

dannywhiteley

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 11:26 AM »
Same as the ones I had then.  I bought the prolite and binned most of the parts, but was hoping that the bars were reynolds (they look identical to my Reynolds 531 Rebel Xpert bars).  When I received them it soon became apparent they werent Reynolds, they just felt awful. 

The Reynolds bars are beautiful and nicely weighty.  Those above feel like they would easily snap with a bit of abuse.

dannyboy

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 09:55 PM »
well you slipped up there i can clearly see the missing 1000s in red you dirty thieving midlander  :2gunsfiring_v1:
 :2funny:

snav69

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 10:02 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

Thems the ones off the Redline RL  :knuppel2: and will soon be going straight onto the Skyway TA i just bought  :smitten:

I'm gonna give Robin Gibb a ring and ask him to nip to yours and whack you in the nuts with a hedgehog   :shocked:  :2funny:

:-*

dannyboy

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 10:20 PM »
sry m8 he dont live here anymore someother rock star has bought his  house mine had white cables anyway or id be round by now intimidateing you with a large
stick :LolLolLolLol:

snav69

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 10:30 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

peteox

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 07:39 PM »
I'm not really sure, except i think 531 has to be brazed but 501 can be welded.
What i really wanted to say was "No wonder i can't find any DC's, You've got them all !!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Brazed or Welded Bars - POS ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx