gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 11:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  If you are going to Hersden read this....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: If you are going to Hersden read this....  (Read 2497 times)

TK The Mic

If you are going to Hersden read this....
« on: September 12, 2008, 10:09 AM »
Just two days left until, what could be the biggest day in the five year history of Hersden. Don't forget not only are racing for the series deciders but we are aiming to do some good out there for Cancer Research.

So far the fund raising is going well, Katie Misson in the girls group has had the support of Royal Mail Canterbury , with all the good people there managing to raise over £350 to date. To entertain us after the motos, the mail workers will be racing  there motos with their £3 entry money going to the charity, there will be over 20 of them for that :daumenhoch:

Old Skoolers are also doing their bit with £2 extra entry money going the way of CR. So far we have 17 O/S riders pre regged, hopefully one or two more will get their names down.

PRE REGISTRATION CLOSES TOMORROW EVENING AT 7PM
Cruiser racing is also on, we have  afew riders down for that, but there is no pre reg for this so any body wishing to bring a cruiser can just turn up on the day.
Senior ladies are running the same with £3 entry fee going to CR. All you mums and WAGs out there are invited to take partfor some fun.
Plenty of things to be decided in all classes for the big trophies, the raffle prize has grown as well this week, thanks to all those who have contributed.

DO NOT FORGET THAT REGISTRATION ON THE DAY CLOSES AT 1130

103 riders came on the 16th Sep 2007, can we top that for 2008. Last year we averaged 66 riders per meeting, this year we are already up to that, so bring it on

TK

dialledbikes

Re: If you are going to Hersden read this....
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 01:55 PM »
Just heard on the radio that the M20 in Kent is a "virtual lorry park" because of the fire in the Channel Tunnel and traffic backed up in the area.

I'm confident that this will all have been cleared up by Sunday, but if any locals can keep us updated on here that would be most appreciated.

sonic-1

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 02:01 PM »
use the a2 avoid the m20 its goin to be like this for some time as when tunnel gets back goin it will only be one tunnel open so will be big delays  >:( hope thay clame off the insurance of the lorry that whent up in flames  :shocked: could run to millions

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 02:06 PM »
The last fire in the tunnel caused disruption for two weeks and that was a relatively little fire. They still haven't put this one out so it's going to cause chaos for quite a while.  :(

dialledbikes

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 02:38 PM »
Just looked at the map and I only have to go on the M20 for an 8 mile section between Sevenoaks and Maidstone, then onto the M2, so hopefully it won't be that bad there.

Worst thing about BMX is driving to races and being stuck in traffic jams.

jazzyje

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 07:05 PM »
mike,stay on the m25 until dartford and take the A2 from there.its a bit of a dog leg but probably quicker if there is still trouble.

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 08:49 PM »
Probably going to make the trip, have no old school bike now, so cruiser it is. Caroline just threw a strop about the mum's race being called SENIOR :tickedoff:
Watch out TK.
Justin forgot to ask what gearing you have on your cruiser, felt right last week?

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 10:04 PM »
gary ya can borrow me torker if ya put some knobblys on it
as currently running comp pools lol

TK The Mic

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 07:36 AM »
Probably going to make the trip, have no old school bike now, so cruiser it is. Caroline just threw a strop about the mum's race being called SENIOR :tickedoff:
Watch out TK.
Justin forgot to ask what gearing you have on your cruiser, felt right last week?

:2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1:

I'M DEAD

TK

jazzyje

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 07:53 AM »
  40/17 gary.i dont bother mucking around with my gearing anymore as my frames a bugger to set up with chain lengths etc.
   senior ladies getting quick now with sue farrone and beverly both practicing weds AND thursday.think bmx milfs is a better name anyway.

TK The Mic

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 07:57 AM »
How about WAGS

tk

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 08:28 AM »
I like my testicles where they are so I have absolutely no sugestions as to what you could call them other than Top Ladies.  :smitten:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 08:43 PM »
For those travelling down the A2/M2 be aware that there are three sets of 50mph roadworks the last being down between Faversham & the Canterbury turnoff.  After passing the Faversham turn get out into the fast lane as the tailback for those going off onto the A2 a mile further down was tailing back badly today because of the extra traffic avoiding the closed Jcts8 to 9 on the M20 (Operation Stack).  See you there and give me a toot if the slime green Transit passes you.  Humps

mr.magoo

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 09:04 PM »
Humps, never tried it, as i come in from Dover, but for you guys coming from M25, would it save any "stack" queues going down the Thanet way, as if going to the bay, then cut through to Hersden, saving on going through canterbury?

Just a though?

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 09:35 PM »
would it save any "stack" queues going down the Thanet way, as if going to the bay, then cut through to Hersden,

Definitely Neil.  NEVER go near Canterbury as always go straight on from M2 to A299 then turn off at the Herne Bay / Sturry turnoff and go through Herne to Sturry, turn left and just up the road.  Canterbury is definitely a no-no!!  Only problem with this route is if the level-crossing gates are closed at Sturry as the traffic back ups but thankfully not for too long.  Humps

mr.magoo

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 10:04 PM »
Like i say Humps, i come from opposite direction, but just thinking of the guys coming from the M25 way, who knows they may already use this route, but if not with operation stack in place and all the extra traffic on the M2/A2 it may wel be worth the extra couple of miles to save 1/2 hour?

mr.magoo

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 10:09 PM »
Jazzyje...quality mate, just scrolled back through this thread BMX milfs :LolLolLolLol: :4_17_5: :daumenhoch: :crazy2:

you've been checking my favourites list haven't you!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  If you are going to Hersden read this....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx