gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 06:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  is this THE team raleigh's John Lee
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: is this THE team raleigh's John Lee  (Read 3821 times)

bof

is this THE team raleigh's John Lee
« on: July 05, 2007, 10:09 AM »
I think this is John Lee ex team raliegh and chorley superchute owner and the nicest bloke in bmx, Im almost sure it is. the last time I spoke to him he was into riding supermono hill climb bikes, it looks like he has moved on a bit.
So does anybody know if its him ?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 07:59 AM by Mattdub »

jazzyje

Re: is this THE team raliegh's John Lee
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 10:17 AM »
yeah prety sure thats him.met him a few years ago at warrington at alans oldschool meetings.theres pictures of him on alans o/s site.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 02:39 PM »
I'm liking that XR750 replica he's built. How cool.

Flying_fox

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 08:04 PM »
yeah prety sure thats him.met him a few years ago at warrington at alans oldschool meetings.theres pictures of him on alans o/s site.

I think it is as well Justin, I remember him from there. :daumenhoch:

jazzyje

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 08:37 PM »
yeah people dont realise were the oldschool oldschoolers.haha.

mike pardon

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 08:51 PM »
Its John Lee alright!!!! he is riding those bikes that only turn one way now!!!  and doing quite well at it..Still he drinks fosters and Zinfandel wine..  :shocked:
What a lightweight.

By the way he is one of my best mates

bof

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 09:16 AM »
I thought it was , now Pike how about an interview with john now that would be cool  :)

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: is this THE team raleigh's John Lee
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 08:22 AM »
Old BMXer's never die ! , I bumped into John yesterday at the final round of the Shorttrackuk UK Championship in Scun.thorpe , he rode very well to take 3rd in the thunderbike final ( behind Pete Boast & 7 time AMA Champ Chris Carr ) and I think was 7th in the flat track final on his awesome looking 710 V-twin Honda .

A few pics ( John is No. 76 ) .

An absolutely top bloke  :4_17_5:

kdubbmx

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 08:53 AM »
Great to see my old mate & rival still competing on 'dirt & wheels' (its in the blood)  ;)

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 12:26 PM »
Matt,

Do you have any contact details for John?

Cheers

Dave

davearnold

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 07:53 PM »
this is Dave Arnold here.....I founded, along with John Lee, SKOOTER FARM DIRT TRACK RACING 3 years ago....I too have a bmx background......riding for Alan Woods ROBINSON team in 1981. I got the cover shot of OFFICIAL BMX issue 2 (the fore runner on BMX ACTION BIKE)which I was very excited about at the time and quite a few appearances in Morecambe based rag BMX NEWS.....(not so excited)

Anyways, we race american style flat track here in the UK......something I wanted to do since i was 10 years old and had to wait 30 years to do it!! My only prior racing experience is bmx in '81-'82. It very much reminds both me and John of the early days of bmx in the UK!!

I am still around bmx, I spent the last 10 years designing and building skateparks both at home and in Europe...In fact both John Lee and Mike Pardon were involved in that too!

My nephew, Jacob Roberts is national #1 in the 13's-14's age group BCF Bmx racing championship. He rides for my all-time favorite companies S.E. RACING and VANS shoes!!

when we are not racing flat track, I go to as many national bmx races to support him as I can (however most of 'em this year have clashed with our racing)

Its great to see some of your forum users are digging the dirt track....the season is over now until next spring.  For anyone thats interested in racing or even just coming to see a race check these links out:

www.myspace.com/skooterfarm

www.shorttrackuk.com

http://sideburnmag.blogspot.com/

DR VINOAH

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 08:54 PM »
I thought it was , now Pike how about an interview with john now that would be cool  :)

yeah mike & john
that would make a very interesting read :coolsmiley:

DR VINOAH

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 08:55 PM »
ps
dave
wikid the lad being sponsered by SE racing :coolsmiley:

bof

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 10:22 PM »
I was talking to John and Dave at coppull about the PB write up , nice blokes  :) 

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 08:21 AM »
this is Dave Arnold here.....I founded, along with John Lee, SKOOTER FARM DIRT TRACK RACING 3 years ago....I too have a bmx background......riding for Alan Woods ROBINSON team in 1981. I got the cover shot of OFFICIAL BMX issue 2 (the fore runner on BMX ACTION BIKE)which I was very excited about at the time and quite a few appearances in Morecambe based rag BMX NEWS.....(not so excited)

Anyways, we race american style flat track here in the UK......something I wanted to do since i was 10 years old and had to wait 30 years to do it!! My only prior racing experience is bmx in '81-'82. It very much reminds both me and John of the early days of bmx in the UK!!

I am still around bmx, I spent the last 10 years designing and building skateparks both at home and in Europe...In fact both John Lee and Mike Pardon were involved in that too!

My nephew, Jacob Roberts is national #1 in the 13's-14's age group BCF Bmx racing championship. He rides for my all-time favorite companies S.E. RACING and VANS shoes!!

when we are not racing flat track, I go to as many national bmx races to support him as I can (however most of 'em this year have clashed with our racing)

Its great to see some of your forum users are digging the dirt track....the season is over now until next spring.  For anyone thats interested in racing or even just coming to see a race check these links out:

www.myspace.com/skooterfarm

www.shorttrackuk.com

http://sideburnmag.blogspot.com/

Great to see you here Dave , welcome  :daumenhoch: . See if you can get John along to join up , you two must have some great old BMX stories ! .

It was a good day sunday , I was there with a mate who sponsors Aidan Collins ( Buckingham Van Sales )  ;) .

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 08:23 AM »
Matt,

Do you have any contact details for John?

Cheers

Dave

Hey Dave ,

PM Dave Arnold up there ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ .

Matt

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 03:24 PM »
Couple of photos of John..

Back in the day at a Teeside National....

2001 (still fitting his old Factory Raleigh race gear!!)

:daumenhoch:

baldbmxer

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 06:55 PM »
Whats Sid Salisbury doing with his foot in that piccy, perparing for an endo?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  is this THE team raleigh's John Lee

gfxgfx
gfx gfx