gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 02:11 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Fastlane BMX Mag - We can help.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fastlane BMX Mag - We can help.  (Read 2180 times)

Twatty

Fastlane BMX Mag - We can help.
« on: October 28, 2008, 09:31 PM »
All,

As we know Dave has done a lot of research getting this set up, and you know from the quality of his photo's that it shoud be good. We have all voiced our approval of the concepts, and it seems that he now has what he needs to attempt to get it off the ground, including backing from various BMX companies. So as I see it, this is where we come in......

I would love to see a BMX magazine devoted mainy to the race scene as since I returned to BMX in Oct last year, not being able to pick up BMX Aciton Bike, (or another BMX Race Mag), has been sorely missed. SO; how about we try and help a bit more to get this thing off the ground. There are going to be set up costs, and when Dave goes ahead with this on his own he will no doubt be taking on some financial risk.

I propose that if you, (like me), really want to help see this thing become a reality, then how about you pay up your annual subscription NOW. The more of us that do this, means the more likely this is going to happen, and not only just become an issue # one, but become an ongoing concern. Of course, if you do this you need to be aware that you are accepting some of the risk, and if there are only 1 or 2 issues before the idea colapses due to unforseen circumstances, (poor sales, advertisers pulling out, etc), then just accept this as a nice idea that did not work out, (not trying to grab your money back). You will then be able to at least say you helped give it a go.

So Dave, what do you think? Whats the annual fee, and how do I go about getting it to you? Any chance of an introductory offer....  :)

Matt.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Fastlane BMX Mag - We can help.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 09:34 PM »
Good idea Matt, I`m in  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 07:10 AM »
I'd be liking some of that as well.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 07:36 AM »
I'll have a slice of that too Matt.  Good idea and it would be a great opportunity for some of the elders of the sport to 'invest' into an idea that should fly but, in these troubled economic times, just might falter though I believe with Fastlane at the helm it has potential to succeed.  PayPal??  Humps

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 09:03 AM »
Sign me up. :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 09:38 AM »
im in.....  :4_17_5:

moomin

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 10:12 AM »
Count us in :daumenhoch:

evamedia

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 12:11 PM »
couldn't give a toss about racing, but where do I sign up, it's all BMX innit.

proclass35

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 12:13 PM »
I'm in. details/paypal please.

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 12:33 PM »
 :) Sounds good,but would want see a proper copy before I subscribed.Don`t want another BMX Rider!

fastlane

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 03:57 PM »
WOW!!!!!

What can I say... Reading this really helps,

I read this last night after a day of feeling a bit down on it all,

The thing I have found with this is it is a roller coaster ride of ups and downs..

And I will be honest when I want to do something I want to give it my all so the highs are high and

the lows really kick hard.

After months of hard work in reeling in sponsors I started to think do the people really want this.

Is this why thier is no mag... So reading what you have written means so much to me.

Thats from the heart!

So back on track and talking of subscriptions,

It has been mentioned before and does sound like a great idea, but like you said I myself did not want to be responsible for other peoples money if it did fail.

Saying that I won't lie it would really help out financially but more so show me that I'm not alone on this...

It could almost be like a share scheme as I am not in this as a get rich scheme,that won't happen we know for sure,

But I am in it for the right reasons, for the love of bikes and the belief I can portray this in a first class magazine,

I really do want everyone involved and for it to be the peoples mag,

I also don't want this just to reach the already racers, I want this to be the mag I first picked up 30 years ago and made me

want to go ride for the first time, I can still remember drooling over the pictures and dreaming of getting my first bmx,

Happy days I must say.

So if people are prepared to do this and take the risk(like trying that jump for the first time!)

We know it can be done given the right attitude,encouragement and Balls!!

So YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!

Dave Lane

Matt THANK YOU.

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 07:46 PM »
il pay upfront too :)
Neil

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Fastlane BMX Mag - We can help.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx