gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 06:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Headset Fitting
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Headset Fitting  (Read 451 times)

skyway_dude

Headset Fitting
« on: October 28, 2008, 06:35 PM »
Well after all these years of waiting royal mail will tomorrow morning bring my Skyway T/A frame and forks :smitten:

This will be my very first bike build of any kind ever and as such even the simple task's have me a little worried as i dont want to mess my new baby up :LolLolLolLol:

So my first job is to fit my Tange 320 headset, it seem's straight forward enough! I take it the bottom part of the headset goes onto the bottom of the headtube and then the top part on the top. Then with the forks in tighten down the locking nut to hold it all together. Is that about right?? Any tips or advice will be great :daumenhoch:
Thanks
James

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Headset Fitting
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 07:44 PM »
basically yes! but if you have never put the cups in yourself before then take it to a bike shop and let them do it, as you can easily damage the paint if you dont know what you are doing... :daumenhoch:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

skyway_dude

Re: Headset Fitting
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 08:01 PM »
Thanks for the advice, i'm a little worried about taking it to the local bike shop as i'm not sure they would take the same care as i would but i guess at least they will know what they are doing :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Headset Fitting

gfxgfx
gfx gfx