gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975753 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 12, 2024, 04:15 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  New School Forks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New School Forks  (Read 2139 times)

oldschool rider

New School Forks
« on: October 29, 2008, 09:28 PM »
Due to the fact that I run a front brake on my bike, I am restricted to which forks I run and was thinking why don't forks come with removable brake lugs ?

I mean if they do frame lugs why not fork lugs, I think theres a flatland fork with them but not a normal bmx fork.

If I decided I wanted to take my brake off I'm left with the lugs which makes the bike look ugly so why has noone that I know of ever made forks with removable lugs, and this would also maybe incourage some of the New schoolers to try riding with a front brake and the only cost involved would be a brake instead of new forks.

just a thought..

What's your views.

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: New School Forks
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 09:36 PM »
 :) Such a simple idea,but a damn good one :daumenhoch:

oldschool rider

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 09:41 PM »
:) Such a simple idea,but a damn good one :daumenhoch:

I Thought so !!!! :LolLolLolLol:

Just patented the idea now wait for the royalties to roll in  ;D :2funny:

dibly

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 10:10 PM »
the rad special forks have them on so you can remove them if wanted  :)

oldschool rider

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 10:36 PM »
the rad special forks have them on so you can remove them if wanted  :)

Great news can't beleive it's not been done before.

I'm liking the looks of your products  :daumenhoch:

dibly

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 10:38 PM »
thanks fella, appreciated  :)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 07:05 AM »
yep i am so chuffed uk bike co have started producing a set for us front brake guys
and limited run so i am informed so be quick.
today alot of companies dont listen ,you try ringing a big ass place and asking can you do this
they wont even reply or listen,i asked dibly a few months back for a set and he said im onto it .
cant wait to get a set   :smitten:

oldschool rider

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 09:36 AM »
I'm going for a chrome set  :smitten:

While were on the subject maybe your next frame & Forks could have the following

"Removable gyro tabs"                                                                                                                                  
"Removable lugs for C/S & S/S & Cable Guides" (2 choices on 1 frame)                                                                                                                                 
"Removable Lugs on Forks"

Having all the options on the same frame would make your product even more unique especially with everything in smoked chrome 853 ....

Maybe the new line should be called VEYRON or STEALTH  :daumenhoch:

Thank god someone is making something a little different to relieve the boredom of everything looking the same "Great Work Guys" I think the name "UnKnownBikeCo" will be "VeryWellKnownBikeco" Very soon. :4_17_5:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 09:40 AM by oldschool rider »

earthworm5000

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 12:15 PM »
Hi guys

I am pritty shore that I have seen some odyssey fork with removable lugs but can not remember were I have seen them.

Hope this helps

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 12:41 PM »

dibly

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 12:46 PM »
yeah it has been done before a while back i think?

subversion

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 02:10 PM »
Pretty sure you can unscrew the lugs in my Odyssey dirt forks circa-2004 :daumenhoch:

But why on earth would I want to do that!?!?! :knuppel2: Front brakes forever! >:D

Good call though :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 02:22 PM »
Pretty sure you can unscrew the lugs in my Odyssey dirt forks
But why on earth would I want to do that!?!?! Front brakes forever!

Classic, nice one Ian  :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 02:23 PM »
IAN THEY WILL ALL COME AROUND TO OUR WAY OF THINKING IN THEY END.

subversion

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 02:48 PM »
Amen brothers :)

jedi

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2008, 02:52 PM »
bmx look wrong with no front brake

<fact>

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 02:57 PM »
would you run a seat post with no seat  .no
or bars with no grips                                no
wheels with no tyres                                no
forks with no brakes                                 no
they all have a hole  well most do so stick something in it.

oldschool rider

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 03:40 PM »
Hi guys

I am pritty shore that I have seen some odyssey fork with removable lugs but can not remember were I have seen them.

Hope this helps

As I said before I know there are FLATLAND forks with removable tabs but not Normal BMX forks suitable for street/Park etc , 0% offset is a bit quick on the steering me thinks !

S.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2008, 10:14 PM »
I'm going for a chrome set  :smitten:

While were on the subject maybe your next frame & Forks could have the following

"Removable gyro tabs"                                                                                                                                  
"Removable lugs for C/S & S/S & Cable Guides" (2 choices on 1 frame)                                                                                                                                 
"Removable Lugs on Forks"

Having all the options on the same frame would make your product even more unique especially with everything in smoked chrome 853 ....

Maybe the new line should be called VEYRON or STEALTH  :daumenhoch:

Thank god someone is making something a little different to relieve the boredom of everything looking the same "Great Work Guys" I think the name "UnKnownBikeCo" will be "VeryWellKnownBikeco" Very soon. :4_17_5:

You've been smokin'  before goin' on the computer again, havn't you?!  :LolLolLolLol:

teamsano

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 12:04 AM »
don't want to sound obvious, but any forks with removable lugs would have the threaded inserts welded right near the bend, and would seriously weaken them.

lodge

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2008, 12:36 AM »
don't want to sound obvious, but any forks with removable lugs would have the threaded inserts welded right near the bend, and would seriously weaken them.

is that why oddy only do the flatland forks with removable lugs?? sometimes the obvious is easily missed :shocked:

oldschool rider

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2008, 10:28 AM »

I don't see how welding a threaded insert could weaken the fork much more than welding a fixed lug, anyway I'm a skinny cittle lunt so don't see it affecting me all that much, Besides the forks come with a lifetime warranty and I imagine that they had thought about this problem due to them building Bikes, Bars and Forks before they advertised it.

teamsano

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2008, 04:25 PM »

I don't see how welding a threaded insert could weaken the fork much more than welding a fixed lug

100% correct, brake lugs of any type being welded on there will weaken forks.

Besides the forks come with a lifetime warranty and I imagine that they had thought about this problem due to them building Bikes, Bars and Forks before they advertised it.

au contrere, the 'lifetime warranty' is a clever old trick. think of the amount of forks/cranks/bars sold. now think how many are bought by 'skinny cittle lunts', or folk who change them when a new color comes out, or when a lighter version comes along, or just plain quit.

[/quote]

oldschool rider

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2008, 09:05 PM »

I don't see how welding a threaded insert could weaken the fork much more than welding a fixed lug

100% correct, brake lugs of any type being welded on there will weaken forks.

Besides the forks come with a lifetime warranty and I imagine that they had thought about this problem due to them building Bikes, Bars and Forks before they advertised it.

au contrere, the 'lifetime warranty' is a clever old trick. think of the amount of forks/cranks/bars sold. now think how many are bought by 'skinny cittle lunts', or folk who change them when a new color comes out, or when a lighter version comes along, or just plain quit.

[/quote]

Gogo I understand what your saying but I weigh the same as a 12 y/o so don't think I'll have any probs, I'm still going for a new chrome set as it will no doubt be the last set I buy as I'm now 39, and lugged forks in chrome are fairly rare to get nowadays.

S.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  New School Forks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx