gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 09:46 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  How to do a Hang 5???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How to do a Hang 5???  (Read 2744 times)

evamedia

Re: How to do a Hang 5???
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 08:23 PM »
Can you do Hang 5's after using it?

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008, 08:27 PM »
its still tricky ,more the knowing when to lean back before falling forward
it still takes time but forsure after a while you can roll the rear wheel up and coast along before ever touching
the 2 wheels down  .

lodge

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2008, 02:47 PM »
Is seat height important when learning these???

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2008, 03:01 PM »
all your own feel ,i have mine set very high sometimes and that lets the rear end not come up so high
the way to get a feel for what you might like is to set your seat at a height you like ,lean your bike against the wall
and climb aboard leaning against the wall keep your front brake on and get the rear in the air  you can let the brake go  when you feel your at the balance point
if you dare   if you dont like the rear end height lower it or make it higher  you will soon feel the right place.

lodge

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2008, 01:41 PM »
I took your advice Dan and raised my seat a good inch and they felt much more comfortable. :daumenhoch:
Anyway just thought i would share something funny that happened yesterday at Interact skatepark.
I met up with fellow radders Flatcap and Bettyswallocks for a session, I had decided i really wanted to semi nail hang 5's, i had done half a dozen or so and was really feeling i was getting somewhere when on my last attempt i bailed out and jumped off the bike, when i jumped i realised i had snagged some part of my jeans on my bike i heard the tear but didn't know the extent of it, when i turned around Flatcap was folded over on the floor doing what looked like some 80's breakdance move.
The front of my bike seat had somehow gone into my back pocket and when i jumped my jeans stayed with the bike tearing them from me, the rip must of been 20 inches long leaving my boxers and right leg completely exposed it was hilarious.
Anyway thanks to Mark (Bettyswallocks) for the masking tape which allowed me to ride for the rest of the session as it was only about 5 mins in that this happened.
It turned out to be one of the best sessions i've had for a long time but i did leave the hang 5's for another day after the incident.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2008, 01:43 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:  magic ,would have loved to see that on a vid   :2funny:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2008, 01:47 PM »
I took your advice Dan and raised my seat a good inch and they felt much more comfortable. :daumenhoch:
Anyway just thought i would share something funny that happened yesterday at Interact skatepark.
I met up with fellow radders Flatcap and Bettyswallocks for a session, I had decided i really wanted to semi nail hang 5's, i had done half a dozen or so and was really feeling i was getting somewhere when on my last attempt i bailed out and jumped off the bike, when i jumped i realised i had snagged some part of my jeans on my bike i heard the tear but didn't know the extent of it, when i turned around Flatcap was folded over on the floor doing what looked like some 80's breakdance move.
The front of my bike seat had somehow gone into my back pocket and when i jumped my jeans stayed with the bike tearing them from me, the rip must of been 20 inches long leaving my boxers and right leg completely exposed it was hilarious.
Anyway thanks to Mark (Bettyswallocks) for the masking tape which allowed me to ride for the rest of the session as it was only about 5 mins in that this happened.
It turned out to be one of the best sessions i've had for a long time but i did leave the hang 5's for another day after the incident.

:LolLolLolLol:

I can just imagine Daz rolling around on the floor  :2funny:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2008, 01:51 PM »
hahah yep it made me giggle a tad just thinking about the moment 

are you looking forward yet at the horizon or down at the ground still
looking where your going makes it a whole lot easier just feels odd

im riding a new bike now and tried some stuff yesterday ,its not happening yet got to adjust a few bits.

lodge

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2008, 02:04 PM »
hahah yep it made me giggle a tad just thinking about the moment 

are you looking forward yet at the horizon or down at the ground still
looking where your going makes it a whole lot easier just feels odd

im riding a new bike now and tried some stuff yesterday ,its not happening yet got to adjust a few bits.

Deffo still looking down at my front wheel but confident I'm gonna nail them now, apart from the jeans issue I seem to have learn't how to bail them fairly safely which is to jump and let the bars go through my legs, hope that makes sense.
Strange thing is i can do them rolling backwards and have been able to since bitd having learnt squeakers with one foot on the peg, although this is much easier as you can dab your front brake to bring your rear down as going forwards dabbing your brake brings the rear up.

RADHAB

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2008, 03:26 PM »

What??? you would have liked to have Macky's boxers??? Pansy!! :LolLolLolLol:

Good story though Steve, i did get to Burnley but didnt ride as i had a nasty fall on Thursday but will get there again soon.......i so love that bloody witch that works in the travelodge!

lodge

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2008, 03:51 PM »

What??? you would have liked to have Macky's boxers??? Pansy!! :LolLolLolLol:

Good story though Steve, i did get to Burnley but didnt ride as i had a nasty fall on Thursday but will get there again soon.......i so love that bloody witch that works in the travelodge!

Hope your ok dude, what happened i know you were going up to unit23?

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2008, 04:30 PM »
Aye it's been a while since I've laughed that much...I was feckin useless!  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

I though the one he did last time we were there that turned in to a Vander Roll was funny but this was on a different level of funniness!

Daz.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 04:33 PM by Flatcap »
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

lodge

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2008, 04:47 PM »
By the way daz, I've been round me sisters and got me sell a set of her jeans for wed :police:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 04:50 PM by stevemcintosh »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  How to do a Hang 5???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx