gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  hersden today
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: hersden today  (Read 1449 times)

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
hersden today
« on: October 12, 2008, 05:59 PM »
just wanted to say cheers to all those who made it happen

had a crackin' day as always  :daumenhoch:  :daumenhoch:

i even made an A final  ::)

did any one get any pics at all ?
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

jazzyje

Re: hersden today
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 06:14 PM »
certainly a bit more chilled out than last time.lots more local riders which is good.although its great that riders come from other clubs the locals can lose heart a bit.had a great club race vibe today.no one seriously hurt either just a bit of damaged pride.
   because the event was sponsored we had enough cash to buy 4 junior f/f loaner helmets and treat the kids to a lucky bag so many thanks again to steve pile for sponsoring the event :4_17_5:
   was a glorious day weather wise ,and i didnt really want to leave as the kids were still riding the track and having jumping comps on the last straight.seems weird to know that we wont be back there for 6 months after having such a great season.
   race of the day was masters final.really didnt know who was going to get that one.they were still neck and neck going into the second berm.cruiser class was mad as well with positions changing all over the place.top days racing with the hersden faithfull doing themselves proud.
   had a couple of hayes (bonnie and bard) riders come down and was great to know that they had come all this way just to race at our track.they said they had a great time as well.i'll pop some pics up soon.
   thanks for coming everyone and we'll see you next year.justin.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 06:36 PM »
Good to see KDW712 at the track again today and that he made the A Final.  Kev Garland made an appearance and was seen stress-testing the dirt on the first straight very early in practice but he was looking good once he'd sorted himself out on his Haro.  Billy Stupple was flying in both OS and Cruiser and did well to win both finals.  Great weather and, as Justin said, the atmosphere was really clubby and everyone seemed to have a good time as is the norm at Hersden.  I think there were something like 57 riders today which is pretty good considering a few were at Preston National and a lot of the OS riders were nursing hangovers after being on the lash last night.  Cheers once again to Tony, Justin & Terry for making it all happen for us and roll on 2009 - with the recession slowing the housing market down I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to escape to pastyland when I want to so you might have to put up with the Humps' for a while longer!!   ;)  Humps

sonic-1

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 06:47 PM »
realy gutted not to have been there  :'( first hersden race iv missed this year n its allways so much fun there to  :'( :'(

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 07:13 PM »
realy gutted not to have been there  :'( first hersden race iv missed this year n its allways so much fun there to  :'( :'(

We missed you too Russ.  But think of the positives.  You didn't get it in the neck when you got home and had the opportunity on a lovely day like today to get out in the park with the family rather than grubbing around on kids bikes!!   :D  I'll get my coat and hat.   >:D Humps

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 07:44 PM »
(I missed being there too, still at least I get a chance next year :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 10:32 PM »
If Damien Moorse has built his Hutch that he's bought in time for next year then you'll have less of a chance than in the previous two seasons cos boy that lad can ride quick. :LolLolLolLol:

Personally I reckon he should go Masters cos I think he'd do really well. Also give all the fat lads in OS a chance at glory.  ;)

dialledbikes

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 11:24 PM »
I shoulda gone to Hersden.  More my level of riding after a shocking performance at Preston!

TK The Mic

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 10:43 AM »
Full report of all that went on Sunday now on www.hersdenbmx.co.uk

TK

Buckmore Bat

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 07:07 PM »
I cant see the race report. it says i need  a password. :(

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 07:26 PM »
i had the same prob too  :(
cheers Kev

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 07:37 PM »
me too

TK The Mic

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 09:00 AM »
That has all been sorted now and It should be ok. Sorry about that :daumenhoch:
TK

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 09:47 AM »
Just sent mine off to you Tony.

TK The Mic

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 10:09 AM »
Zippy's rider profile now up for your viewing pleasure. Would love to have a few of you O/s boys to send yours in. Email it to me at the address on the bottom of each profile.

TK

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 09:23 PM »
tony wheres the form ?

or should i just follow the format from another profile ?
cheers Kev

TK The Mic

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 09:43 PM »
Just copy the questions from the profiles, add your answers and e mail it to me Kev :daumenhoch:

TK

big kev 40

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2008, 10:48 PM »
got to say guys really enjoyed being back

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  hersden today

gfxgfx
gfx gfx