gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975645 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 01:15 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  The Barn Jams Crawley 87-89
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Barn Jams Crawley 87-89  (Read 1026 times)

kowtec

The Barn Jams Crawley 87-89
« on: January 21, 2006, 06:09 PM »
Just by chance bought a burner las year n started looking into the old skool scene a bit didnt realise its so big again. Does anyone here recall riding or hearing about a halfpipe n miniramp in a Barn in Crawley? Riders i remember were Craig Campbell  Jess Dyrenforth(?) Mike Cannin, Leigh Reynolds, Dave Beverage, Andy Brown, Zac somone n Fat Zoid wobblin round...

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: The Barn Jams Crawley 87-89
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 06:13 PM »
RADHAB will be all over this post when he sees it, those are the riders that he rode with  :coolsmiley:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

RADHAB

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 06:56 PM »
Pete, long time no hear!!!!! Hows the family. We'll catch up on the 18th February mate be good to see you again.

Of Course i remember the barn, funny really how we were doing flips and stuff in the hay bales long before foam pits etc and sword fights with axes made of foam rubber!!!!. They were good times. Zack shaw is still one of the worlds top riders, Mike Canning is still ripping, Dave Beveridge now works at a skatepark called Bones near Manchester, Andy Brown is about but i'm not sure if he is riding again yet, Jess lives out in the states, Craig is apparently riding again and was spotted recently, no idea what happened to Lee Reynolds......and Zoid........well thats a story over a beer fella when i see you!!

Be good if you had some pics from back then to show the guys on here there was some outrageous moments at those barn jams that definately need to be shown.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 08:08 PM »
sword fights with axes made of foam rubber

???.
dave the bmxing gypo

RADHAB

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 09:16 PM »
Dave, we had the electricity cut off and so there wasnt much else to do. well funny though....and bloody painful!!! Some of the things that happened at that place were hilarious, and to think some of the uk's top riders and highest profile's were responsible for most of it was brilliant!

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 09:58 PM »
I was out drinking with Mr Brown just last Thursday, other than the effects of the beer he's fit & well. He posts messages here from time to time. I'm currently dropping small almost subliminal messages about bikes in the hope he buys himself a runabout.

kowtec

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 10:49 PM »
Lo Rabhab, Twrent sure if dat were u til i spoke to Spud. I have 2 rad mags with the barn in it somewhere abouts and i had up til 3 years ago ur TRM! Yep if we were doing wot we were doing then now we'd av been dam sight richer, people used to maon at me bout paying a pound to ride!! I got some pix dean rush bein pushed out the top of the pipe by 4 o us vertically for 1! Were you lucky enuf to be rolled into the pipe in the barrel???
Looking forwrd to 18th n be taking my newly aquired burner, still krap at riding it tho...  ;D

RADHAB

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 12:43 AM »
Lo Rabhab, Twrent sure if dat were u til i spoke to Spud. I have 2 rad mags with the barn in it somewhere abouts and i had up til 3 years ago ur TRM! Yep if we were doing wot we were doing then now we'd av been dam sight richer, people used to maon at me bout paying a pound to ride!! I got some pix dean rush bein pushed out the top of the pipe by 4 o us vertically for 1! Were you lucky enuf to be rolled into the pipe in the barrel???
Looking forwrd to 18th n be taking my newly aquired burner, still krap at riding it tho...  ;D

Yeah i did the barrel gig!! Dig out the barn mags mate and bring em out on the 18th, the guys on here need to see pics mate as i keep on about those times and they all look at me as if they happened on another planet!!!!!

See yer soon

kowtec

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 06:15 PM »
Does Andys wrist still give him shit? it was permanently broke when i las saw him! I shall hunt them mags down Steve esp good one of mad sid dropping in naked... nice

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  The Barn Jams Crawley 87-89

gfxgfx
gfx gfx