gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 06:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Gold lettering
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Gold lettering  (Read 581 times)

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
Gold lettering
« on: November 02, 2008, 03:56 PM »
As above the decals on a Kashy/Elina - whats the best way to get it off ?

Cheers

Nick

mark 2

Re: Gold lettering
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 04:03 PM »
Get your nail varnish remover out of your make up bag and while your there put a bit of rouge on your cheeks and some slutty pink lipstick. Once you look real pretty then rub the gold bit with the nail varnish remover on a cloth. It may work, it's a hunch tbh. It removes paint and ink off stuff if that's anything to go by.

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 04:21 PM »
I always had you down as a strange lad

steve Beech TA

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 05:04 PM »

I carefully used some fine wet and dry600-1200, to remove it then buffed the side's afterwards as the gold kashi aero writing leaves a type of indent on the side. it seems a bit harsh and i was crapping my self when i did it, as the seat was in fantastic con, but it was the only way to get rid completely. the buffing worked a treat you could hardly tell.

these are the only pics i can find

hope this helps :daumenhoch:

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 06:01 PM »
Hmmmm - I can't trust myself with sand paper and a kashy !

How about nitromors  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 06:03 PM »

I carefully used some fine wet and dry600-1200, to remove it then buffed the side's afterwards as the gold kashi aero writing leaves a type of indent on the side. it seems a bit harsh and i was crapping my self when i did it, as the seat was in fantastic con, but it was the only way to get rid completely. the buffing worked a treat you could hardly tell.

these are the only pics i can find

hope this helps :daumenhoch:

So how do you buff the seat  ???

steve Beech TA

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 08:04 PM »

In the same way that you polish a stem or caliper.

hard wheel
then soft wheel.

I think i thought of it from my tech classes BITD, do you remember making egg timers at school, with a £1 glass egg timer, then bending coloured perspex.

Well when we cut the perspex we were left with rough edges so we used to file them then sand them, much in the same way as polishing a stem, then buff them and they used to come silky smooth and shiny as fcuk.

hope this throws a bit more light on the way i did it :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 04:14 AM »
Meguairs PlasticX works wonders and saves using a polishing wheel  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

mark 2

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 10:49 AM »
I bought a vintage B&O turntable recently, a Beogram 4000, pretty sexy posh turntable from 1973, had a few light scratches in the perspex lid. They've got nerdy forums too, said on there about polishing creams for plastic and I had one in the house I tried, cream that you use to remove scratches in vinyl windows in soft tops, you get it in Halfords etc. Lightly abrasive and works. Buff buff....said about plastic polishing wheels too, get on ebay you'll find them on there, think they're foam. Anyway, that sort of gear should work for tidying up a seat ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Gold lettering

gfxgfx
gfx gfx