gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975768 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 09:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Ok so here's how it is.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ok so here's how it is.  (Read 1722 times)

Guillotte

Ok so here's how it is.
« on: October 23, 2008, 01:35 AM »
  Went to go ride at Eisenberg's this evening with my daughter in preparation for this weekends' filming. There's a nice 6 foot mini with a 7-8 ft tall wall about a foot behind the lip. Yes, a basic wall-ride set-up. I hit a couple normal ones and then thought I'd show off for Jaelyn. I hit near the top but when I pulled off, I landed  sideways. Thought I could ride out but slid with all my weight on to my side. I tried to brace myself with my right arm (as most of us tend to do) but all my weight came down onto that arm which, unconveniently, was tucked into my ribs. Apparently, I'm still way heavier than I want to be and I've been taking it for granted. Apart from my first recent bail when I went over the bars (no big deal) this one really fugged me up. I knocked the wind out of me but mostly did something to my ribs. I have no idea if they're broken, cracked, or just bruised but the pain is almost unbearable. Luckily enough I caught my ex-wife in a good mood and I get to go get free x-rays tomorrow since she works in a doctor's office. I'm not kidding...it hurts just moving my hand from the mouse to the keyboard. Now on a side note....

Hooking up with all my old friends really inspired me to start riding again although I just wanted to do it for fun and excercise.My riding updates were only meant to keep my friends on here informed. I never meant to come off as a braggart. Never been my style. For those who ever rode with me, you know that. So this whole "doubting" of my progress really put kind of an unexpected pressure on me. Now I realize that maybe I've been pushing myself too hard and I really am not fit enough to push as hard as my mind tells me to. I understand how my latest update may seem exaggerated but that's just the way it is.

Sorry if I sound a tad bitter but I'm pissed this happened. It might have been a good thing though because now it has put things in a better perspective for me. I now realize I don't weigh 180 lbs anymore. I guess things could have been worse ya know? Needless to say it might be awhile before I can ride again, depending upon tomorrow's diagnosis.I pray I only bruised my ribs. And the only pressure I need is the pressure I put on myself. The pressure that made me do what I did BITD. I WILL post vid and pics, and I can assure you this is not a stall tactic. Damn you RADHAB!!!! :)
You'll get your "evidence" but I'll do it at my convenience,bro. Trust me, it's coming...

Gonna go grab a pic of my arm cuz now I feel like I have to prove my injuries. And maybe a pic of my x-ray if it's worse than I hope  :P Ugh, I'm being an ass again, sorry.b Just never felt like I had to prove myself before. Meh, I'm gonna grab some booze tonight too cuz this shit fooking hurts. Apparently, I'll be on the forums a lot as well,lol

The rib culprit!

My Heist with Alex's Lego box behind it =)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 01:38 AM by Guillotte »

lodge

Re: Ok so here's how it is.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 07:56 AM »
Thats a bummer Greg especially having learn't flips, whips and barspins with no injuries  hope you get well soon. nowt worse than cracked or bruised ribs you just cant get comfortable in bed, take it easy.

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 08:43 AM »
Greg we have all been there dude, no need to feel like you have to explain anything. Although pics of the x-ray would be advantageous  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Hope you heal well mate  :daumenhoch:

jedi

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 10:34 AM »
i hvebrused ribs from crashing friday at orby.hurts lk feck but thats what painkilers are for!

ride on  :)

electobooty

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 11:49 AM »
Fair play

Keep riding

fraz167

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 01:14 PM »
Bollocks to any doubters, just look at the pics of Lee as well....not quite as high as as the 11 foot or so at Meanwhile but so much style

hope you get good news

Cheers
Fraser

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 05:57 PM »
Greg...fook em all, you don't have to prove owt mate!

Heal up and get riding again soon.  :daumenhoch:

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Guillotte

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 06:15 PM »
Hurts worse today. Have an appointment with the doc in just over an hour. >:(

motomagII

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 06:18 PM »
and i thought it was only me who fell off on wall ride and broke ribs .did this at stockport bout 2 years ago god it hurt .exact same landed on me arm and i think it pushed hard into me rib cage .hope you are okay mate heal fast ride soon .greg  :daumenhoch:

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 06:37 PM »
take it easy and take your time to heal before riding as don`t want to do yourself long term damage  :)
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Guillotte

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 09:43 PM »
Doc says nothing's broken but cartiledge might be torn. Anyhoo, the ribs are severely bruised. He didn't wrap it because something about pneumonia? Makes no sense to me but I'm supposed to "hug a pillow" ;D

He wrote a prescription for anti-inflammatory purposes...I hope that's like a painkiller. I'll find out here in a bit when I pick it up.

Crappy thing is he said the pain and healing time is the same as if I had actually broken a rib. So I'm out of comission for a month. Good times.

I'm gonna go lie down. :(

jedi

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 09:50 PM »
the pain of not riding for me is always greater than the pain i get when riidng

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 03:26 AM »
Pneumonia - yip.

I was told that the pain stops you from taking full breathes, which in turn means that your body doesn't deal with all of the fluid that naturally occurs in your lungs.  And that can lead to pneumonia.

So take the anti inflammes and try ro take full breathes if you're able   ;)

Can you tell I've busted a few ribs in the past?     ;D

Happy healing,  and don't get back on your bike too early   :)

lodge

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 08:34 AM »
Twobobs's spot on. A while ago went riding with Flatcap he was banging on about 540's in your 40's so idiot here decided to try and throw one down (not that I'm quite 40 like) but it was me who went down hard onto my left ribs, out of action for a good few months, first time on bike after healed met up with dave young and flatcap at exhibition park in newcastle just taking it easy went for a 50/50 grind and my rear peg slid off the coping and i fell onto the coping on my right hand side ribs took they took my full body weight, another few months out of action, would you believe that? tried to sneak into bed as if i was fine when i got home but the bird who's a nurse sussed me straight away as i couldn't get my breath.
I took 2 ibruprofen and 2 paracetamol together at regular intervals and they really help. I found the tablets allowed you to take deeper breaths but when they wear off its too painful to take deep breaths so deffo make sure you take them Greg.
Sorry to go on about myself but whats the chances of doing your ribs in on both sides on consecutive riding sessions.
I stopped riding in the late 90's due to injuries and its my biggest regret ever so as has been said Greg take it easy, peeps are stoked your riding again and dont wanna see you out of action. ;)

welsh denny

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 03:18 PM »
fractured my ribs a few times greg so i know the pain your in. first time i did it was doing flatland- a christmas tree -half decade, stand on front pegs and pause, then finish the 2nd half of the decade. except as i jumped off the pegs (bike is vertical by the way) my legs kinda went into a handstand and i fell into a bellyflop onto the concrete carpark. winded like hell, couldn't breathe. hurt like hell for ages and had to lay off cetain tricks for a while as pulling up would kill my chest.

get well soon greg. don't push yourself too hard. it may all be coming back pretty quick but its easy to get caught out .

like we used to say when watching many vert comps (or wingham riding) - it's all in the roll of the dice.  :daumenhoch:

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 04:01 PM »
Ouch! Hope you heal up well dude, went for a handrail after a 7 year lay-off  a few years back that I'd been putting off forever, it spat me out bigstyle that night, ended up in A&E with a wrecked arm, face & very bruised ribs, luckily not broken but couldn't walk or use my arm properly for weeks, let alone ride a bike! Spent my time in the waiting room talking to a fella who'd managed to poke himself in the eye with a dinner fork, wtf!? Anyway take it steady dude :daumenhoch:   
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • the artist formerly known as DAVE3172 !!
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 02:57 PM »
Ouch ...wincing at all these stories ..Get well soon Greg ,you ain`t got naff all to prove i.m.h.o ,  radness never leaves you ..unfortunately neither does bad luck ....take yer pills and heal up good ( they go lovely with Stella :D )  ,and get back into things when you`re good and ready, one thing i miss about the 80`s is the ability to bounce !! :LolLolLolLol:
With Bacofoil and a Battering Ram !

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 05:58 PM »
Don't watch anything funny you know it won't be worth it  ;D

Hope they get better soon than you thing Greg  :daumenhoch:
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

RADHAB

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 01:20 PM »
I have one question........................if you can take a pic of the elbow.....why not any tricks???? As i said Gregg i just really wanna see you getting Rad pal, it'd be cool if you come over to ride with you again, Canning is well up for catching up with everyone too, even Mr Rush has been in touch and is getting the bug again i think!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Ok so here's how it is.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx