gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 04:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  1" Threaded Headset Cup Sizes. Normal & Oversized
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1" Threaded Headset Cup Sizes. Normal & Oversized  (Read 1088 times)

moley

1" Threaded Headset Cup Sizes. Normal & Oversized
« on: October 22, 2008, 06:33 PM »
My Auburn has a slightly larger Headtube diameter than my other bmx's (oversized)

My early 90's Haro Group One also has a larger Headtube diameter too.

A normal 1" headset cannot be used because the Cups just fall out of the headtube (too loose).

The Auburn came with 1" threaded Forks and a Headset installed.  I measured the cup diameter and the Auburn's Headtube diameter and they are approx 34mm.   (Headtube being slightly smaller than the Cup so it wedges in)

A normal bog standard 1" headset (Tioga Beartrap 2, YST and GT Pro Series) cup diameter are approx 32.5mm in diameter.

The Auburn Headset internals are in a shitty state and so are the cups.  So I would like to replace the lot of them.

All the internals from a normal headset fit into the Larger diameter Headset cups.

Is the 34mm Headset cup diameter classed as a 1 1/8" Threaded headset (suitable for 1" forks/quill)

Does anybody understand this?

I need to know what headset to buy that :-

1.  Will fit my Auburn the the Oversized headtube (34mm)

2.  Will fit my Auburn 1" thread forks.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Cheers!  :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: 1" Threaded Headset Cup Sizes. Normal & Oversized
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 06:49 PM »
 Not much help,but I`ve just measured a Cane Creek 1 1/8 headset cup & that shows as 34mm diameter???

moley

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 06:59 PM »
I have come to that conclusion myself!!

I need to find a threaded headset that fits 1" forks but 1 1/8" head tube!!  :daumenhoch:

dazza

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 01:26 PM »
dont know, iknow you can get internal 1" aheadset with 34mm outer semi / fully  intergrated . try fsa site.

thecrooch

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 01:27 PM »
moley have a look on your other thread....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  1" Threaded Headset Cup Sizes. Normal & Oversized

gfxgfx
gfx gfx