gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 05:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Progress Report!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Progress Report!  (Read 1202 times)

Guillotte

Progress Report!
« on: October 23, 2008, 04:32 AM »
Since so many of us oldies are going through our mid-life crises', I thought why not head off any future unnecessary threads and just sticky this one. All the old gits post here with how you're coming along on the old 20 inch  :). Figured we could save some forum space and cheer each other on at the same time. If a moderator agrees, sticky this baby up and let's get back to where we used to be! :2funny:. I hear Lee and Atkins are blowin' up!
Now we just need to get Gary off the flatland and back on the ramps, lulz.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Progress Report!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 09:36 PM »
I`m getting better at racing, howevery the freestyle is taking a back seat at the moment so nothing to report there  :(
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

andy619

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 11:15 PM »
I'm going to a halfpipe jam this Saturday and hope do something.  I seem to be regressing >:(  My goal for this weekend is to hit 6' in both directions, a no hander, lookback cancan and if I haven't hurt myself by then and I feel good, throw down a 540.  Lately, it's been 4' tabletop and sketch airs :wtf:

Broggie

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 11:21 PM »
I'm not really getting any better, or less fearful as I didnt do bmx at all bitd and am now 50...I have however managed to get dogshit on my tyres  :(

Ray.

jedi

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 11:23 PM »
i just want to get better.

Voodoocars

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 06:42 AM »
Getting better all the time but never seem to practice a certain thing- always havin' a go at this and trying that. My main goal is just air higher like bitd. I dont really like tire taps and stuff. Vert is slowly proggressing after a few near death experiences and I'm creeping up there off 1/4's. Throwing large amounts of cash at a bike always makes you ride better...   

evamedia

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 07:58 AM »
Been back riding a year this week, can get about 6ft out of a mini normal way, 4ft opposite. Riding better than I ever have, started learning lookbacks (oppo) wanted that trick since '87, thought it was about time I learnt it.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 08:04 AM »
rode the best i've ever ridden last Friday!  and went over a volcano for the first time!   :D

flairs next!   ;D

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 08:54 AM »
I'm still working on rehabbing my knee after a reconstruction, but its going backwards lately as I'm working some crazy hours and there is no time to rest it.  It's approaching its first anniversary and I've still got a long way to go....

I have ridden a few times, all very easy stuff. I've yet to test myself at all really. I'm the sort of rider who hits the eject button and bails, so I want my legs strong for that. I should be ok for next year  :)

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 04:08 PM »
The want is there, but can't seem to push myself to get off my ass and ride as much as I want to, hurt my back a couple of years ago & it's still giving me problems, but I will get round it and ride more, still thinking about a backyard mini......
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

evamedia

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 06:27 PM »
I'm just lucky and very grateful that I have somewhere I can ride, with a great ramp, indoors every week. No substitute for time in the saddle.

cheers scott, twobob, superfly , clagget etc.  :daumenhoch:

Guillotte

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 06:11 PM »
Didn't feel like a new thread so here's my daughter Jaelyn's progression in the acting biz ;D

It's a 4 minute or so horror short. Hope you enjoy... :4_17_5: (proud Dad)

/>
Watch it through the credits to see her at her evilest and would love it if you could comment on it. THX!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 06:13 PM by Guillotte »

HypoxiaBMX

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 08:09 PM »
Going to try and lose 1lb a week for a year. So far so good. Lost 10 lbs in 10 weeks. Was 19st 2 lbs. Now 18 st 6 lbs. How am I doing it? Eating 4 times a day, every 4 hours: 8am, 12 noon, 4 pm, 8 pm. Stopped drinking wine with lunch. Oh and lots of BMX. Getting lighter is helping my riding a lot. BITD I could get 3 1/2 foot to 4 foot out. 2 weeks ago I got my first air in about 24 years. Cleared a good 3 1/2 to 4 inches  :LolLolLolLol: Finally got my head right to drop in with confidence, and am just rolling around trying to feel the bike. Started to pull no-footers with confidence. Showed my 8 year old son, and he pulled one on his second attempt, and he then pulled a one hander on his first attempt. 10 minutes later I see him jump over the top tube on a jump and I asked him if he was trying a can-can. He replies no.........a can-can indian air. I had to go home and look it up on the web!  :LolLolLolLol: Anyway, thought I would make this posting to encourage the riders out there like me who are about 40 years old and about 4 stone overweight. Nothing gives me the buzz of riding, and I am not bothered about being a million miles behind the 13 year olds who are riding so sweet in the park.

Aldo

lodge

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 09:52 PM »
Does this look like progression to you :LolLolLolLol:, Sunday at Interact after trying to nail them barsteward hang 5's. :10_2_12:

RADHAB

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 09:20 AM »
Someone should organise a comp for over 30's groups......30+ 35+ 40+ then we could all have a laugh and do it oldschool style with trophies and comentary, i'm sure the Zoid would be up for coming out of retirement to help out.

evamedia

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 10:04 AM »
Someone should organise a comp for over 30's groups......

Hello someone,

If I want competition I just go down the local skatepark, every sisters jeans wearing kid wants to "shut me down"

RADHAB

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 01:01 PM »
Someone should organise a comp for over 30's groups......

Hello someone,

If I want competition I just go down the local skatepark, every sisters jeans wearing kid wants to "shut me down"

So they should Nick! your only 21!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Progress Report!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx