gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 12:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Herne Bay National '84 Photos
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Herne Bay National '84 Photos  (Read 1761 times)

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Herne Bay National '84 Photos
« on: October 21, 2008, 10:12 PM »
I scanned some photos from Joe Burlo's (Faze 7 owner) album of a national at Herne Bay in '84.

I didn't do much racing myself, so I don't know all of the riders, but maybe some of you can help ID them ? (Ok Keith Wilson - lets see how good your memory is  ;))

There are more but that's enough to keep you all going.......

xtremepervert

Re: Herne Bay National '84 Photos
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 12:51 PM »
Pic 1 l to r :- Tony Slater, Trev Robinson, John Lee. Andy Ruffell, Sid Salisbury

Pic 2 Chris Simmons

Pic 3 ???

Pic 4 I think Jason Maloney

xtremepervert

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 12:55 PM »
It's just come to me, Pic 3 is Gary Rouse!

mr.magoo

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 05:04 PM »
more, more, more :rant:

one of my home tracks, was there on that monsoon hit day, but watching, cos had a broken collar bone from Poole national few weeks previous.

need to see more, nice quality pics too :4_17_5:

mr.magoo

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 05:05 PM »
extreme, i can name the marshal by the tree....Dave Williams  :LolLolLolLol:

se

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 06:27 PM »
Def Maloney Dave, he rode that set-up at the Wheels Euros the same summer. HB might have been his first race back after he broke his pelvis.

Hang on, aren't you supposed to do the triv like that?..

DR VINOAH

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 08:14 PM »
ace pix Ade :coolsmiley:

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 05:33 AM »
Ok - seeing as that was so easy for you (you even got the marshal !!!), here are some more, but I think they are a bit more difficult.....

Pic 5

Pic 6

Pic 7

Lets see how you get on with those.

And there are still more to come.

Good luck !

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 08:22 AM »
great pics  :daumenhoch:
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

grp4

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 10:09 AM »
why is rider 3441 in pic 6 going the opposite way to everyone else ?     :-\

mr.magoo

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 10:58 AM »
cos he's in practise, and coming down the first straight over the first speed jump and the rest are going round the berm at the end of the second straight, about 30 seconds ahead of him.

Must admit had to lo0k at that one myself and dig deep into the memory bank to work that one out :LolLolLolLol:

picture is practically the same as the one with Ruff in it, but taker has obviosuly moved further towards the gate, and thats why you cant see the tree.

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 05:50 PM »
picture is practically the same as the one with Ruff in it, but taker has obviosuly moved further towards the gate, and thats why you cant see the tree.

or I cropped it to make it easier to see the rider in detail......

Any idea on the names ?

mr.magoo

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 07:25 PM »
all too young for me to have know, but i do spot what looks like two Fox factory race kits in pic 5, therefore too small to be ROD so plate number 3292? will be his little bruv, but i am rude, cos can't remember his name!

billycrabtreeomer

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 08:15 PM »
    Nice snaps, Mega blast from the past , almost so long ago i had forgot, but i was there in the rain watching & racing, novice at the age of about 12-14 years.
    I,ll have to get Mr BMX bible to remind me he'll know. LOve to see some more as i got none as a bmx youngster ;D

mr.magoo

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 08:32 PM »
dude, i was 14, so you musta been 15 ??? or maybe even 16 :LolLolLolLol: ( i think your older than me, even if i look the oldest guy in the paddock :2gunsfiring_v1:

billycrabtreeomer

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 09:20 PM »
Your right i was 16 . didnt want to calculate the years thats scary, and starting up racing 24 years after i gave in nearly, thats crazy or i am, i.ll be racing 40 plus.
Its not how you look now we'r getting on , its how you feel & im feeling old  :'(

mr.magoo

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 09:49 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:I was feeling great, getting fitter, like i was 16, then BAM there goes me knee, now i feel like a 60 year old hobbling about :idiot2: :crazy2: :knuppel2: :2gunsfiring_v1: :coolsmiley:

xtremepervert

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 12:08 PM »
All too young for me to remember as well. Magoo, Rod's younger brother is called Laurie! That may be one of the Stabielli's on far left of same pic ( 1 plate ) Dean or Damien?

Bill, you were racing in the 14 novice class that day, as i was in 15 novice!!!!!

mr.magoo

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2008, 02:03 PM »
thought it'd be one of the stabielli's wasn't the other one in Jamie staff age group? I think he was Danny??

Dave you sure your bibles right, 84 national i was in 13 experts? i thought you and Bill was way older than me :daumenhoch: :LolLolLolLol:

billycrabtreeomer

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2008, 10:45 PM »
I,v got to say Dave your rite. one magazine out in 84 had few pic,s in of H/B, me & family standing under big green umbrella on startin staight in the pooring rain was one think.

Magoo we are older none the wiser but older, Is your knee a bmx injury and is it gona be ok.Its when i start up next year there is some people that im gona be so proud to be on the gate with in a race.

I often go to the old bmx track in H/B with my son. the only thing that is still there are the big trees, funny but they was part of the track exspecialy the one with the stinking double mattres rapped around it for protection.

They were the best days of my youth & so glad all them lovely people and occations are still there for me to intoduce my son to.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Herne Bay National '84 Photos

gfxgfx
gfx gfx