gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 03:44 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Took me a bit...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Took me a bit...  (Read 3361 times)

Guillotte

Took me a bit...
« on: October 20, 2008, 06:45 AM »
I can now barspin most everything, backflip boxes, but whips were unbalanced. I found 360 whips much more to my liking so I learned them. 5 weeks in and I'm where I feel comfortable. Unfortunately, I've caught a bit of the fly-out-itis but with friends on the deck I'm nearing 9 feet now with my fat arse. Still, I feel agile despite my weight.

magna13

Re: Took me a bit...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 07:49 AM »
Well done... wish i could do all of that lol

evamedia

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 08:10 AM »
get one of those friends to take a pic

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 08:58 AM »
Nice one Greg - keep it dude and get some pics sorted! Be nice to see you flying again mate.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

RADHAB

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 12:55 PM »
I hate to seem cynical and i am fully aware of your ability from the past.....however if i could do all you haVe said you can do in a short 5 week period i would have pictures all over the place like 5 quid hooker doing a spot of prospecting!! so if we can get over the excuses about camera phones and cameras not working i'd love to see pictures of you doing flips and hitting nine feet airs and a video of a 3 whip would be simply sensational.

So.......

Lets see em fella.

RH

lodge

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 01:59 PM »
WTF its taken me the best part of 10 years to learn very small barspin jumps.

andy619

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 02:28 PM »
You're killin' me Greg.   :daumenhoch:

RADHAB

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 02:28 PM »
WTF its taken me the best part of 10 years to learn very small barspin jumps.

Exactly my point, i got back into this 3 and a half years ago, i had to loose 4 and a half stone in weight and get fit at the same time which meant giving up smoking (40 per day) and changing my whole lifestyle! I ride 3 times a week and hit the gym the other 4, i'm 40 years old and i've run 10k's for charity in under 56mins..........i have only just started landing whip flyouts and can just hit the 4foot mark on the height pole, i was no mug at riding years ago, not quite the same as yourself Gregg but could have fun and hold my own in a comp....so please please proove me so very wrong and give me evidence of what your doing!

I'm quite sure i'm not the only one on here that thinks there maybe a slight amount of "Exagerration" as to what your doing after just 5-6weeks back on your bike pal.

jedi

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 02:46 PM »
i dunno.having ridden with mark atkins loads over the last few weeks.class will always be class.
he's 10ft out now tricking  :)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 02:47 PM »
Greg was rad as fook bitd and I'm sure he still is rad as fook!

I have to say if it was someone who we've never seen or heard of then I'd maybe doubt their word but we're talking about someone who could do this FFS! And on a bike that was fooked by the way  :D

Daz.

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

jedi

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 03:07 PM »
great to see/hear about the greats geting back in the game

markatkins

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 03:18 PM »
Greg was and i guess still is a natural rider.It is mad how riding comes back.I took near on 7 years out and after only 6 weeks got 10 ft on a 14 ft half.It would not be hard for a rider like Greg to get 9ft,backflips are not the hardest trick and if you can barspin a box you can barspin a spine etc.
Big up to Greg for getting on his bike again and ripping!!
Dont be surprised if you see photos of Greg going 12ft+ in the near future!!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 03:23 PM by markatkins »

jedi

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 03:19 PM »
fact

jedi

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 03:20 PM »
oh and best thing i heard in ages was at corby after atkins flat 360'd the box

a kid leans over to me and says"i wish he was my dad!"

lol  :) :)

RADHAB

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 03:24 PM »
Greg was and i guess still is a natural rider.Its is mad how riding comes back.I took near on 7 years out and after only 6 weeks got 10 ft on a 14 ft half.It would not be hard for a rider like Greg to get 9ft,backflips are not the hardest trick and if you can barspin a box you can barspin a spine etc.
Big up to Greg for getting on his bike again and ripping!!
Dont be surprised if you see photos of Greg going 12ft+ in the near future!!

I totally agree and i cant wait to see it.......can i ask though Mark, have you kept in reasonable shape over the last 15 or so years?? i read that Gregg was a bit of a big lad and i'll tell you now that the body no matter how much of a talent you have is not so forgiving if you are flabby and out of shape and you drink too much beer etc.

jedi

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 03:27 PM »
marks built like a brick shit house.

steroids i reckon

RADHAB

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 03:36 PM »
marks built like a brick shit house.

steroids i reckon

Lol!

Tony all i want to see is a photo or a video, i'd be well stoked if i could do all those things, i'm not trying to stir up anything, i just want to see another oldschool freestyler ripping it up!

jedi

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 03:37 PM »
i know man  :) :)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 03:41 PM »
I couldn't get 11' first, second or even third time round so it certainly aint gonna happen when I'm 40 with a seriously fooked back  :D

I am gonna do a 540 air before the year is out though!

Daz.

RADHAB

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 04:01 PM »
I couldn't get 11' first, second or even third time round so it certainly aint gonna happen when I'm 40 with a seriously fooked back  :D

I am gonna do a 540 air before the year is out though!

Daz.

Daz that rocks man, i'm just starting to land the odd 540 but its a bit sketchy, me and Paul (Superfly) have sworn to have a 5 session at Charlton one night till we get em consistently, i'm landing 9 out of 10 360 fakies so its nearly there, stick with it pal :daumenhoch:

evamedia

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 04:18 PM »
me and Paul (Superfly) have sworn to have a 5 session at Charlton one night till we get em consistently

Must not get involved, must not get involved, must not..... ah fook it

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2008, 04:25 PM »
me and Paul (Superfly) have sworn to have a 5 session at Charlton one night till we get em consistently

Must not get involved, must not get involved, must not..... ah fook it

You know it makes sense  ;)

rosscoe

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 04:44 PM »
I spent many a night at Storm with mark A - we used to call him 'rusty' due to him leaving his bike alone for any number of months / years - coming down telling us he was rusty then killing everything - big time. Some can - some cant - Ive seen Mark do it - would love to see any more of the oldschool do it

on another occasion Mark turned out to support a local Jam - we'd just built a crazy big set of doubles. Mark 'sized them up' with a big ol 360, first trick. They were pretty bloody difficult to clear too

and if you wanna see him really blow up get hime somewhere near a decent spine ramp - then sit back and watch - awesome

and didnt Greg write a real crazy letter to a magazine a few years ago about no handed 1080s and other crazy stuff?? - super talented rider - bring on the show

Guillotte

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2008, 05:56 PM »
LOL. I DID write a crazy e-mail to a mag. I was lying my arse off about it though. I never planned on riding again and I wanted to kind of push progression along. Did it actually get printed???  I will get pics eventually but I'm just having fun riding.

rosscoe

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 06:09 PM »
LOL. I DID write a crazy e-mail to a mag. I was lying my arse off about it though. I never planned on riding again and I wanted to kind of push progression along. Did it actually get printed???  I will get pics eventually but I'm just having fun riding.

yea it got printed, vague memories of thinking you must have had waaay too much mind altering stuff before that one came in matey. glad you are enjoying the little bikes again dood - keep smiling

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Took me a bit...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx