gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 03:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Bob Medrano
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bob Medrano  (Read 2986 times)

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
Bob Medrano
« on: October 19, 2008, 01:38 PM »
Hi folks.

An image that I loved as a kid and still takes pride of place at the top of my BMX mag collection is this from BMX Action Bike (September 1983).

However I'd always assumed it was Andy Patterson without looking further, doh, and have since found out it's Bob Medrano, not a rider that I was familiar with. So with some looking on the net found a few more pics:

On left

From BMX Action again:

And recent pic at Roseville 2007 (2nd from right)

Following on from the Rich Sigur post recently, do any of you Radsters have any info, pics (race or freestyle) or stories relating to Bob 'Mid Air' Medrano' ?

Cheers

Paul ;)
Vans Style

DJ

Re: Bob Medrano
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 05:42 PM »
Never heard of him but that 2nd pic, the one where he's on the left is amazing!!!

mr hoppy

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 06:28 PM »
yeah i remember bob madrano and watched him ride at poole panthers and magna mustangs , he was as quick as andy paterson but had this mad (for the time ) pedaling in mid air and it was quite bizzar to watch back then but he was more of a racer than a freestyler. rode his ta round the poole track before they where available over here, that was a buzz . he had these larger pedals, that where normal skyway pedals with a second cage sawn in half and bolted with spacers to the original cages .
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 06:35 PM by mr hoppy »

Guillotte

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 04:17 AM »
Sweet style considering the year

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Bob Medrano

gfxgfx
gfx gfx