gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 05:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Haro gen 1
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Haro gen 1  (Read 2527 times)

potstu

Haro gen 1
« on: October 18, 2008, 07:41 PM »
Hi guys I need your help - its a bit of a long shot but radbmx is 'the' place for all bmx knowledge so here goes ..

bought my gen 1 in 84, rode it to 87, sat in spare room to 2000 when i moved to Brighton and rode it to 2002. Sold it that summer (to a guy from midlands, i think?)
The problem is I can't remember the serial number and can't locate any records of it. I dont want the bike back but i would love to know what frame number I had all those years and possibly find out where it is now - be cool to see how she's built up these days.

So if you bought a gen 1 in Brighton in 2002 with green mags and know the serial I would be over the moon to hear from you.
 Long shot I know but worth a try.

Cheers, Stu

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Haro gen 1
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 09:28 PM »
I don't think its that long a shot now you have come to the right place  :daumenhoch:

Good Luck  :)

LOS1969

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 09:30 PM »
good luck m8 :daumenhoch:

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 09:40 PM »
I'm sure someone on ere bought one recently that had green tuffs? it was on ebay but a swap deal was done

I'll have a look for the thread

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 09:46 PM »
was it sold as a gen1 or just a freestyle bmx if you know what i mean and what price did it sell for.
i say it like that as if someone just bought an old bmx  it could have ended up as a baked bean can by now
but if sold as a gen1 then might have got some love.

good luck will keep the eye peeled

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 09:59 PM »
Found the thread, it had green tyres rather than wheels, i knew it was green summat or other...  :D

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=62718.0

Funny how NOS gen 1 Adam was the first to comment...  :LolLolLolLol:

potstu

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 10:50 PM »
was it sold as a gen1 or just a freestyle bmx if you know what i mean and what price did it sell for.
i say it like that as if someone just bought an old bmx  it could have ended up as a baked bean can by now
but if sold as a gen1 then might have got some love.

good luck will keep the eye peeled

Sold as a Haro freestyler on an online free ad site(hadnt heard the gen1 tag back then) but the guy who bought it  new what it was. He'd had his stolen years before and had been looking for a replacement, so he said.
Sold it for £300. Dont know what the going rate was in 2002 but if only I had kept it a few more years...

potstu

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 11:03 PM »
Found the thread, it had green tyres rather than wheels, i knew it was green summat or other...  :D

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=62718.0

Funny how NOS gen 1 Adam was the first to comment...  :LolLolLolLol:

Thanks for finding the thread - looking at the pics it could be my old one. That too had green Haro tyres and although mine sold with green skyways I sold my white metal hubbed skyways with it all together (damn this is making me feel worse) :wtf:
Seem to remember there was a bit of a scratch on the headtube gusset - either underneath or on one side. A deep scratch or a light gauge ? in the metal, probably inflicted bailing out of an over ambitious ariel. Unless its been repaired it should be still visible.
That, and a green holeshot sticker on the front fork were about the only distinguishing features on it.

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 07:46 PM »
The same one is now in the trade section for swaps... same serial number...  ;)

Cant remember the serial number of the one i had bitd...  :-\

It was cracked and generally fooked when i sold it... 40 quid in 1990...  :shocked:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 08:00 PM »
dont want to thread hijack, and dont think it warrents a new thread, but i had my haro gen 1 shot blasted :idiot2: and powder coated white back in 1984, shite picky i know, but i dont have a scanner, notice i also have a pot leg on, broke my ankle at southport...

wonder where this is now, and if its still around, wonder if the owner realises its a gen 1...
i'm obviously the one with the number board...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 08:02 PM by carcusmeticus bicepticus »
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

sweetbeats

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 08:39 PM »
Get over it and buy a new one :4_17_5:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 08:41 PM by sweetbeats »

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 09:14 PM »

I have a replacement for mine....  ;)

:smitten:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 09:20 PM »
Cough cough....

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2008, 09:25 PM »
Luckily I kept mine   :daumenhoch:   It did end up like this though

sweetbeats

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2008, 09:28 PM »

I have a replacement for mine....  ;)

:smitten:

Bout time you treat her to some better parts mate....only messin :D

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 09:30 PM »

Heathen!
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 09:33 PM »

Heathen!

Looks like this now though  8)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2008, 09:34 PM »

Heathen!

Looks like this now though  8)

That's better - good man!!!  :smitten:

Daz.

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 11:37 PM »

Bout time you treat her to some better parts mate....only messin :D

Initially i put it together like the one i had bitd....  :-[

But it'll get built right one day...  :LolLolLolLol:

I cant resist riding it every now and then so expensive bits would be a waste....  >:D

Crap pics but just to show it gets used...

A few bits on it have changed since the pics

sweetbeats

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 08:30 AM »
I was only messing fella your haro is really sweet and great to see it doing what it was built for, i gave it the thumbs up in the gallery when you posted it..looks cool with the white z's  :4_17_5: here's my gen2..I will either get a gen1 next or a hutch once i complete this in the week.

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 08:37 AM »
I was only messing fella your haro is really sweet and great to see it doing what it was built for, i gave it the thumbs up in the gallery when you posted it..looks cool with the white z's  :4_17_5: here's my gen2..I will either get a gen1 next or a hutch once i complete this in the week.

sweet that :daumenhoch: seats missing though, what seat you after for it :LolLolLolLol:

sweetbeats

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2008, 08:45 AM »
Just got a brand new shot gun2 took my ages to find comes wednesday..chainring is in the post :daumenhoch:
me and shotgun2's dont get on...i'd explain but it is a very long and drawn out saga that would reduce a grown man to tears :D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 08:47 AM by sweetbeats »

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 09:02 AM »
Looking sweet Jase! Fancy a swap for mine  :D

Are they the same tyres I've got on my Sport, Chen Shing rare as fook I think they're called  ;)

Daz.  :daumenhoch:

sweetbeats

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2008, 09:16 AM »
Cheers Daz..it should be finished this week all going to plan..been a pain in the ass though,
Tyres are panaracer fstyle got a really good deal on em was quoted silly prices biagio had some starting bid £90  :wtf:

If you mean swop for the reflex yup no questions asked ;)

Done a good job on the flex fella you would have cleaned up at the xmas ball :smitten:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 10:12 AM »
Can't see tyres properly dude, it's a bit dark.

The Cheng Shin ones are very similar to Panaracers, I wanted those (Cheng Shin) because that's what I had on my Sport bitd. I also had some Panaracers and some Comp Pools and ST's at one point but I went with them for originality.

It's a shame about the Aero but I just can't be bothered. I was gonna get some custom decals off Del and change the seat and leave it at that, which I think would have looked cool (for what it is) but I got bored with it.

Daz.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Haro gen 1

gfxgfx
gfx gfx