gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 10:48 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  My First Build-84 Haro Master (Torker Built) Gen2-Finished
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My First Build-84 Haro Master (Torker Built) Gen2-Finished  (Read 4215 times)

sweetbeats

My First Build-84 Haro Master (Torker Built) Gen2-Finished
« on: October 17, 2008, 02:16 PM »
This has been a few weeks in the making (8 ish)and a labour of retro bmx love..I will do a proper photo shoot when I fit the chainring and get the shotgun saddle...Big thanks to ROMBLOKE for initial guidance when I was a newbie and for delivering such a cool site,Phippsio (frameset and lovely tuffs)top man and always on hand to help out,Del for being a total gent of the highest order,Harorider(chief polisher and powerdisc provider),Davevilla(super deal on the panaracers),Paul Clarkson(shimano's),phantom Photon(plate),munners(levers),The Styler-DC Clamp,Kuwahero DC cables,Inna Tubes,Izumi chain and Cranks,Flex Fighter and shotgun2- Biagio, if I have forgot anyone sorry...whoops se bmxer minty oakley provider and sparky for the chainring.
For the pics I used my haro vectors they will be taken off and replaced with my vector vc10 as they are my favourite bars and feel better to ride.

Ill do a proper parts thing when it is complete and post some better pics Enjoy Jason :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 12:04 PM by sweetbeats »

munners

Re: My First Build-Haro Master Gen2
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 02:22 PM »
Like it mate. ;)

My friend is building a white Master with blue tuffs.

How can you tell what Gen it is?

:4_17_5:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 02:24 PM »
Very nice so far & good to see a plate on a freestyle bike  :daumenhoch: .

If you can remove the reflectors on the pedals even better  ;) .
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 02:26 PM by Mattdub »

sweetbeats

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 02:25 PM »
Coaster mount is different and rear triangle too munners,
Thanks for the levers!

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 02:25 PM »
like that

sweetbeats

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 02:26 PM »
Very nice so far & good to see a plate on a freestyle bike  :daumenhoch: .

Cheers Matt..I have some transparent ties which i will use in the proper pics the black ones suck ;)

P.S I love reflectors :4_17_5: they rock...i will take em off for the proper shots.

sweetbeats

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 02:28 PM »

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 02:30 PM »
Looking sweet dude!

As Matt says, I like a freestyle bike with a plate on...in 84 & 85 everyone ran one in comps...they just look right.

Oh and yep drop the reflectors off those pedals.

Nice first build Mr. Sweets. Good work.

:daumenhoch:

sweetbeats

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 02:41 PM »
Looking sweet dude!

As Matt says, I like a freestyle bike with a plate on...in 84 & 85 everyone ran one in comps...they just look right.

Cheers Stodgy..plates are the way forward..the tech plate is nos as well...well it was until now :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 02:44 PM »
Looking sweet dude!

the tech plate is nos as well...well it was until now :LolLolLolLol:

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 02:50 PM »
Like it mate. ;)

My friend is building a white Master with blue tuffs.

How can you tell what Gen it is?

:4_17_5:

Gen 1 & Gen 2 are Torker made, Gen 1 has the rear like a Gen 1 Freestyler, coaster mount under the chainstay.

Gen 2 has tapered chain & seat stays & coaster mount on top of the chainstay.

Gen 2 & Gen 3 are very similar, but Gen 3 has Chevrons stamped in Gusset & the coaster anchor is a little bigger + the serial numbers  :daumenhoch:

Nice build by the way  :4_17_5:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 02:51 PM »
 :daumenhoch: Very,very nice.

sweetbeats

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 02:58 PM »
Cheers Fellas

In 1984 Haro added the name Master to its top of the line freestyle bike. The bike remained basically unchanged from the ’82-‘83 Freestyler except for 3 key changes. The bottom bracket shell was now machined for added strength. The headtube gusset was welded solid and there is a chainstay gusset added behind the bottom bracket shell. The other difference was Haro added bold new graphics to their lineup. This bike was also made by Torker in the US. The serial number format for this bike was as follows: T which stood for Torker followed by two letters which was a date code followed by the four digit production sequence followed by an F which stood for freestyle. This serial number is located on the inside of the right rear drop out. This bike is considered a 1st generation 84 Master.

The 2nd generation 84 Master was also made by Torker in the US and had several distinguishing features from the 1st generation ‘84 Master. From the seatmast forward the bike is identical to a 1st generation Master. From the seatmast back it is completely different. The differences are the seatstays and chainstays taper toward the rear dropouts. The coasterbrake tab has been relocated to the top of the chainstay and the rear dropouts are flared at the bottom to reduce flexing. The serial number format for this bike is as follows: T which stood for Torker, the month of production, the year ‘84, followed by the four digit production sequence, and letter M which stood for Master. The serial number is located on the inside of the right rear dropout.

The 3rd generation ‘84 Master is often referred to as an overseas ‘84 Master. This bike is similar to the 2nd generation ‘84 Master except the seatmast is about ½ inch taller and there are “chevrons” stamped in the headtube gusset. The serial number format for this bike is as follows: the year ‘84, month of production, followed by the four digit production sequence. The serial number is located underneath the bottom bracket. The coasterbrake tab was also beefed up on this model as well. These bikes were offered in a Chrome or white finish. In ’84 the Master bike retailed for $325!

magna13

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 03:14 PM »
wow, one of my favorite haros there :4_17_5: :smitten: :4_17_5: :smitten:

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 03:21 PM »
You already know what I think of your Master Jason, it a stunning build, well worth waiting for.

Now someone please sell him a shotgun2! :LolLolLolLol:

sweetbeats

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 03:26 PM »
You already know what I think of your Master Jason, it a stunning build, well worth waiting for.

Now someone please sell him a shotgun2! :LolLolLolLol:

Haha cheers Del...i am pleased with it now seeing it together (almost)...as you know I was a bit worried it would look shite after deciding against a factory copy :uglystupid2:

sweetbeats

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 03:28 PM »
Looks alright I suppose :D

just needs a blue shotgun2 seat  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Bru  :daumenhoch:

I think I might get a really toss burner saddle just to mess the whole trailer tramp up ;D

sweetbeats

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 03:34 PM »
wow, one of my favorite haros there :4_17_5: :smitten: :4_17_5: :smitten:

Cheers Magna - jason

sweetbeats

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 03:48 PM »
Cheers Bru..appreciated...I had planned to do a factory replica but one was done recently so had to go back to the drawing board...was going to sack it off to be honest as it was getting on my tits but Del inspired me to complete it.

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 04:06 PM »
well actually, I said it was a sack of cack and offered him £50 plus a couple of mighty fine decals for the lot... needless to say his reply was something like "fook off, I'd rather build it then sell it to you!"

Some people! ::)

sweetbeats

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 04:13 PM »
well actually, I said it was a sack of cack and offered him £50 plus a couple of mighty fine decals for the lot... needless to say his reply was something like "fook off, I'd rather build it then sell it to you!"

Some people! ::)

Haha...class :LolLolLolLol:

dix

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 05:05 PM »
 :)looks good well done  8) :daumenhoch:

sweetbeats

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 05:07 PM »
:)looks good well done  8) :daumenhoch:

Cheers Dix :daumenhoch:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 06:07 PM »
Yep keep coming back to have a look, very nice Jason  :4_17_5:

sweetbeats

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 06:11 PM »
Yep keep coming back to have a look, very nice Jason  :4_17_5:

Cheers Dirtbiker :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  My First Build-84 Haro Master (Torker Built) Gen2-Finished

gfxgfx
gfx gfx