gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 09:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  OLD PICS FROM THE 80'S
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: OLD PICS FROM THE 80'S  (Read 2480 times)

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: OLD PICS FROM THE 80'S
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 10:36 PM »
me complete with leo gemili jumper :2funny:

PK RETRO

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 07:02 AM »
Great pics Paul you rad dude  :daumenhoch: You still look the same now as you did BITD  :coolsmiley: Where was those pics taken Blackthorn ?

paulgray

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 01:45 PM »
The side jump!!!!

Thanks for posting the Ayton pics, they bring back some great memories. My dad used to take me and a few mates racing at Guisborough, he would always take us to Ayton for a thrash about, thing is I didn't realised is was Ayton Quarry...  we used to ride there in the early 90s and I never clicked it was the same place :idiot2:  I guess when you're 12 years old, driving from Hartlepool to Guisborough seemed like a trip to a distant planet.

Do you remember a huge Coal Hill near Guisborough track, we used to go there aswell, drag the bike to the top and ride down full pelt... no idea of the location, but it was massive.

:)

Glad you liked the pics, will post any more I can find.

Great Ayton Quarry is here.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=54.497974,-1.122443&spn=0.001143,0.002288&t=h&z=19

Guisborough track R.I.P was located here at Margrove Park (Magra Park to the locals).

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=54.531644,-0.993785&spn=0.002285,0.004576&t=h&z=18

You dad might have took you here to Slape Wath with is a trials bike place.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=54.53096,-1.009347&spn=0.002285,0.004576&t=h&z=18

Or he might have taken you to the trails at the top of the scrambler track at Fletchers farm near Ayton quarry were there was is MASSIZE slag heap called "red hill", though it looks badly eroded compared to what it was.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=54.484076,-1.099137&spn=0.004575,0.009152&t=h&z=17

Or maybe even Carlton Bank

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=54.417594,-1.199495&spn=0.002291,0.004576&t=h&z=18
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 09:42 PM by paulgray »

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2008, 02:06 PM »
Great pics Paul you rad dude  :daumenhoch: You still look the same now as you did BITD  :coolsmiley: Where was those pics taken Blackthorn ?
at weston favell bowl :daumenhoch:

nickbrick10

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2008, 07:00 PM »
Great to see u again today Paul, the pics are great, loved the one of you and Tommy with his trade mark lolly in his mouth. I must have soon photos somewhere. Hope to see u next week. Nick

paulgray

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2008, 07:54 PM »
Great to see u again today Paul, the pics are great, loved the one of you and Tommy with his trade mark lolly in his mouth. I must have soon photos somewhere. Hope to see u next week. Nick

Yea it was a bit like old times with the shovels and spades, and good to see Tommy up there today as well, should have his photo album on here soon I reckon  ;) Saw Nige tonight and we have a plan to stop that c*** on the scrambler  :2gunsfiring_v1:. Don't know if he will turn up again after having me shout in his face though   :LolLolLolLol:

Can you still do this lot then?

And a FANTASTIC PRIZE  ::) for anyone that can identify Nicks bike  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 10:29 PM by paulgray »

keiththompson

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2008, 11:03 PM »
1st... can I have a guess on Nick's bike :P

Was good to see you up the quarry today and a suprise you had the spades etc with you after all this time.

Great pics on here and some great memorys. Yes ive dragged my old pics out, and blew the dust off em. I have 20ish of the national at southbank. A handful of the race we went to at Grasby (remember that camping in the tent and it was snowing (never been so cold)), and I have a handful of the quarry. I also have a bunch of negatives that I was given off a lad who didnt want to give me a copy of the photos but gave me the negatives instead and ive never, to this day, had em printed so if you know anyone who can print them (I know you can get a special scanner that develops negatives) or Ill just have to find the time to get them developed (do Boots still do photos in this day and age). Unfortunately our puter is dead at the mo and im using the mrs lappy, so ill  either have to try and connect the lappy up to the scanner/printer or wait until we get the puter fixed before I can get my pics onto here.

Looking at the photos on here brings back great memorys... some of the best days of my life were spent in the quarry. The place looks so much better without the 100's of jumps and hardly a wind-bush in sight. The "side-jump" was prob' my fav, and the negatives i mentioned have a good few that.

Kids now-adays dont know what they are missing... A day up the quarry, the ride home when it got dark then scraps and chips for supper with a root-beer slush, and a game of cronk-on-the-conc before bedtime ;D

Ill have to walk the dog up the quarry more often now and maybe ill catch you all up there again.

paulgray

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2008, 07:27 PM »
1st... can I have a guess on Nick's bike :P

Was good to see you up the quarry today and a suprise you had the spades etc with you after all this time.

Great pics on here and some great memorys. Yes ive dragged my old pics out, and blew the dust off em. I have 20ish of the national at southbank. A handful of the race we went to at Grasby (remember that camping in the tent and it was snowing (never been so cold)), and I have a handful of the quarry. I also have a bunch of negatives that I was given off a lad who didnt want to give me a copy of the photos but gave me the negatives instead and ive never, to this day, had em printed so if you know anyone who can print them (I know you can get a special scanner that develops negatives) or Ill just have to find the time to get them developed (do Boots still do photos in this day and age). Unfortunately our puter is dead at the mo and im using the mrs lappy, so ill  either have to try and connect the lappy up to the scanner/printer or wait until we get the puter fixed before I can get my pics onto here.

Looking at the photos on here brings back great memorys... some of the best days of my life were spent in the quarry. The place looks so much better without the 100's of jumps and hardly a wind-bush in sight. The "side-jump" was prob' my fav, and the negatives i mentioned have a good few that.

Kids now-adays dont know what they are missing... A day up the quarry, the ride home when it got dark then scraps and chips for supper with a root-beer slush, and a game of cronk-on-the-conc before bedtime ;D

Ill have to walk the dog up the quarry more often now and maybe ill catch you all up there again.

Ha ha, no your banned, the prize involves a shovel and a day in the quarry anyway ::) so nothing you can do next Sunday  :daumenhoch:

Can't wait to see your pics after all these years, I started a new topic about the quarry so some can go there. If you give them to me I will scan the lot. Have a friend who might be able to help with the negatives.

Give me a buzz anytime, I'll send you me number.

aditup 2234

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2008, 01:45 PM »
Can I have a guess?
I do actually know!!!!!haha
Posted in your quarry thread Paul.
Take care, ADam

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  OLD PICS FROM THE 80'S

gfxgfx
gfx gfx