gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 09:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Great Ayton Quarry Trails  (Read 144329 times)

scott250

Re: Great Ayton Quarry Trails
« Reply #550 on: March 21, 2009, 09:09 PM »
Vornies too good- nice turndown on the big hip.  I was in Ikea  :-\  - carnt wait till our house is finished.

paulgray

« Reply #551 on: March 21, 2009, 10:13 PM »
Down the plug hole ...  :4_17_5:
/>
Reckon I could be up for an academy award for that one  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 09:40 PM by PaulGray - AQL »

keiththompson

« Reply #552 on: March 21, 2009, 10:27 PM »
Down the plug hole ...  :4_17_5:
/>

PMSL....thats a cracker :daumenhoch:, Cant wait to see what it rides like when it drys

paulgray

« Reply #553 on: March 21, 2009, 10:28 PM »
Now a real video,  :shocked: at 2.25
/>
What a sport!!!  :uglystupid2:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 10:38 PM by PaulGray - AQL »

scott250

« Reply #554 on: March 21, 2009, 10:48 PM »
SpiralOfDOOM  ;D

Looks like it will be good when it drys out.

paulgray

« Reply #555 on: March 22, 2009, 12:04 AM »
Them were the days ...

Good night all.

Eddy

« Reply #556 on: March 22, 2009, 06:03 PM »
Cheers for letting us have a ride guys, was good to finally see everything in real life, its quite hard to figure it all out from pics!  Gonna be back up home in April again, will have another pop up and actually ride the new set rather than look at it.  Will try not to break me bike within 2 mins of getting there next time too!

Good luck with the spiral by the way, its a reet laugh to ride!

keiththompson

« Reply #557 on: March 22, 2009, 07:39 PM »
Cheers for letting us have a ride guys, was good to finally see everything in real life, its quite hard to figure it all out from pics!  Gonna be back up home in April again, will have another pop up and actually ride the new set rather than look at it.  Will try not to break me bike within 2 mins of getting there next time too!

Good luck with the spiral by the way, its a reet laugh to ride!
Anytime :daumenhoch:
We was up there today mainly just walking the dogs/riding and had a day off from digging. Had a look around and threw a few ideas about, but didnt go into great detail of the future plans as the weather forecast for this next week is pants.
We might just tweek the spiral a bit and open it out in the middle and make it less tight on the last turn. Its also struggling to dry out in patches where it was "dug out" rather than built so the moisture goes deep. Digging the squishy bit  out and laying some drier dirt and stones might help, but like I said....crap forcast.
Just an after thought... we forgot to check that the drains are clear with the rain expected ... hope it all works and clears away.
Touch wood the weather aint bad and im sure we will find a gap in the clouds to do a bit sometime mid-week.
If anybody is reading this from out the area, but might have a few ideas to put in the pot, let us know :daumenhoch:

keiththompson

« Reply #558 on: March 22, 2009, 08:25 PM »
My secret practise ....SSSSSsssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
/>

This is class too...
/>
Taliban drifting ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 08:40 PM by keiththompsonAQL »

nigel hutton

« Reply #559 on: March 22, 2009, 08:36 PM »
great vids and pics ,anyone looking at the spiral on video i must say it,s much more fun to ride than to watch on video.i couldn,t stop smiling when i,d riden it well done tommy on that idea. to damn windy to jump today i was so much wanting to ride the 8 pack .ste got the berm started after the spiral just needs a touch of shaping,we really need to look at the water probs we needed some today i think i,m gonna put those bins in the reed bed,some planks over the top no probs..wheather average this coming week when we get some rain on the 8 pack i think it,ll really bond and ride even better.i hate to say it but the quarry does need a splash of rain on it ,just not to much thank you.get well soon lodgy by the way hopefully up wednesday late afternoon AQL

scott250

« Reply #560 on: March 22, 2009, 08:38 PM »
Them were the days ...

Good night all.

Thats a great shot, is that you Paul?

paulgray

« Reply #561 on: March 22, 2009, 09:20 PM »
Them were the days ...

Good night all.

Thats a great shot, is that you Paul?

Yea it's me  ;D Ian Smith from Guisborough came up one day with some Diamond Back gear in his van. His idea was to of do a photo shoot and then try to get the photos published in Action Bike. Well the photo shoot bit happened but that's all  :( still we got some good pics  :). All the Diamond Back shots in this thread where taken that day. 

paulgray

« Reply #562 on: March 22, 2009, 09:35 PM »
My secret practise ....SSSSSsssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
/>

This is class too...
/>
Taliban drifting ;D
/>

All that sliding around just reminded me of Herlingshaw indoor  :2funny:. I used to let my tire down a bit and pedal right round the first corner sideways.

Check out these awesome bike skills
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 09:57 AM by PaulGray - AQL »

paulgray

« Reply #563 on: March 22, 2009, 09:46 PM »
great vids and pics ,anyone looking at the spiral on video i must say it,s much more fun to ride than to watch on video.i couldn,t stop smiling when i,d riden it well done tommy on that idea. to damn windy to jump today i was so much wanting to ride the 8 pack .ste got the berm started after the spiral just needs a touch of shaping,we really need to look at the water probs we needed some today i think i,m gonna put those bins in the reed bed,some planks over the top no probs..wheather average this coming week when we get some rain on the 8 pack i think it,ll really bond and ride even better.i hate to say it but the quarry does need a splash of rain on it ,just not to much thank you.get well soon lodgy by the way hopefully up wednesday late afternoon AQL

Water! There's either too much or not enough.

Yea, sorry to hear about your spill Chris. Hope your back on the bike soon and I'm sure that goes for everyone that's seen you up the quarry.

Here's a video that Nige found, C'est magnifique non?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 09:49 PM by PaulGray - AQL »

Maccaz

« Reply #564 on: March 23, 2009, 07:10 PM »
just ordered some new tires. cannae wait till saturday!

paulgray

« Reply #565 on: March 23, 2009, 07:28 PM »
Always wear a helmet when stunting, don't copy this idiot.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 07:30 PM by PaulGray - AQL »

paulgray

« Reply #566 on: March 23, 2009, 07:31 PM »
Maccaz AQL  :daumenhoch:

Maccaz

« Reply #567 on: March 23, 2009, 07:48 PM »
had to be done tbh Paul. I'm gonna film a step by step instructional vid for Nige so he can change his name  ;D

paulgray

« Reply #568 on: March 23, 2009, 07:51 PM »

nigel hutton

« Reply #569 on: March 24, 2009, 07:13 PM »
it was matt that put me onto that fit french trails tour session,thanks mate i have to say it,s one of the best clips i,ve ever seen with that music it,s an art form watching trails riding been done that good. hope we can have some sessions like that this year just hanging out with good mates riding a few beers and a barbie.thats what it,s all about,makes the effort of building all winter worthwhile i think. i shouted for jack to come and watch it he even said thats awesome and one for the "my favourites" file see ya soon.AQL

Maccaz

« Reply #570 on: March 24, 2009, 07:21 PM »
Its only a pipe dream i geuss but i think we should still have an AQL jam. Already started writing my feature and gonna give steve bancroft at ride an email to see if he wants the story. if so gonna have to get a few snaps and interviews lads  :daumenhoch:

be great to get the quarry back to its former glory :)

mikebmx92

« Reply #571 on: March 24, 2009, 09:46 PM »
ya dont need the place in all the magazines... it would be a bad thing to get it to popular.. need to keep it low keyish
its under control anyway mate dig mag in the summer, in a propa trails issue, i've got it sorted already.
a small jam would be good but if ya tinkin large scale it will end in tears... don't wanna put a dampener on things but past experiance with this place tell me thins need to be low key...

up this week after the rain to get the big stuff runnin... f..k yeah!

paulgray

« Reply #572 on: March 24, 2009, 11:38 PM »
ya dont need the place in all the magazines... it would be a bad thing to get it to popular.. need to keep it low keyish
its under control anyway mate dig mag in the summer, in a propa trails issue, i've got it sorted already.
a small jam would be good but if ya tinkin large scale it will end in tears... don't wanna put a dampener on things but past experiance with this place tell me thins need to be low key...

up this week after the rain to get the big stuff runnin... f..k yeah!

I have to agree with Mike here. It would be great to see all the best riders turn up but we don't want hundreds of people up there havin a rave, if the good guys wanna come ride thats great, but lets keep it a private party not a free for all. I'm not wanting to be a spoil sport either but I just get the strong feeling that the NT tolerates us rather than supports us and as long as things are low key it should be ok. I think they would take very badly if we promoted an event on their property and it could be a disaster for us. I don't want us to do anything that would "Jeopardise our use of the quarry" to quote the litter sign.

Mike, give us a shout when you're up and we'll give you a hand fixin the big stuff.

keiththompson

« Reply #573 on: March 25, 2009, 12:58 AM »
I agree about not promoting things. If the "big riders" turn up then they should be left to turn up and enjoy the place in there own free will like Saturday when we had visitors. A big gig with 100s there will deffo be a cause for concern if something kicks-off. Back in the day it was just the regulars with the posse from guisborough turning up now and again out the blue to make a change. Nothing was ever organised so it would prob be best to leave it like that now.

It looks like our regular Wednesday dig is going to be a wash-out Paul (will text you if its turns out fine). Thursday looks better and I might be able to squeeze in an hour or two then. Rain showers are forecast for the weekend so we better just wait and see what we get cos I was gonna say... one last big push to get the 8pac finished but now it might be a struggle... Shame, anyway, you never know, forcasts are always wrong.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 08:57 AM by keiththompsonAQL »

Maccaz

« Reply #574 on: March 25, 2009, 01:01 AM »
Woaaaah! You guys got me all wrong hah! - It was more of an low-scale AQL jam i was thinking of tbh, a few of us who have put the effort in this year having a good time with eachother, you know barbie and beer like nige said. i cant remember who i was talking to this about (maybe paul) but we were saying the beauty about the quarry is that its there for people who know its there  the local lot, not just people who find it, ride it and potentially ruin it - not just another spot to ride.

As for a publication, whatever, its cool, i just wanna write and get something published (its something i like to do lol!) but if you got it covered mike i wont bother  ;) :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails

gfxgfx
gfx gfx