gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 07:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Great Ayton Quarry Trails  (Read 144327 times)

paulgray

Re: Great Ayton Quarry Trails
« Reply #500 on: March 17, 2009, 10:33 PM »
saw ye car tommy when i was on my way in from work but couldn,t get up today hopefully get a good finish tomorrow. i thought that idea of coming out of the spiral over the jump then instead of round the berm going to the left of the death pack and transfering back onto the 8 pack really looks a winner,it may keep the flow going.really wonna get the 8 pack done for easter session.see ya soon AQL

Bloody Hell! we're gonna have more lines than I can cope with at this rate :laugh:

keiththompson

« Reply #501 on: March 17, 2009, 10:47 PM »
saw ye car tommy when i was on my way in from work but couldn,t get up today hopefully get a good finish tomorrow. i thought that idea of coming out of the spiral over the jump then instead of round the berm going to the left of the death pack and transfering back onto the 8 pack really looks a winner,it may keep the flow going.really wonna get the 8 pack done for easter session.see ya soon AQL

Bloody Hell! we're gonna have more lines than I can cope with at this rate :laugh:

Along here...  :P

Yeah I was looking at that line today, and you can fit a few jumps/rollers there. Saying that before anything new starts, I agree its time we started to get a few projects finished. The spiral area and SODP need finishing now.....

Then I'll tell you my "NEW" ideas :shocked: ;D

paulgray

« Reply #502 on: March 17, 2009, 10:54 PM »
Today saw the Big Hip get a makeover and some more work on SDP (the 8 pack). Good to have Ste, Chris etc showing us how it's done  :4_17_5:

The Big Hip repaired.

Ste, Maccaz and Tommy havin a break.

:shocked: :-\

Felt like we finally rounded the corner today and left winter behind, the ground was dry, the sun was out, the birds were singing in the sky, and light nights are on the way, hurray!  :smitten:

Good work fellas!

I just read that you were at Hartlepool Paul? So was I.....didn't see you... drove all that way for a session and didn't realise there was a race on - so I hung about a bit then set off to see if i could remember the way to Ayton (without a map!)

...never got there...blew it off to go ride locally.

Let me know when there is a session - I'll bring a spade.

Phil C

Cheers Phil,

I was at the races for a couple of hours with Keith but we had to get back so only saw the motos. Bumped into a few guys from BITD, Nick Fields  :daumenhoch: was there and he hasn't changed a bit. Our long time buddy Adam (AQL) was there and we didn't even spot him, we must have been that busy looking at all the old bikes and watching the OS brigade chargin down the hill  ;D.

Ayton is easy to find, just head for the big pointy hill that looks like a volcano (Roseberry), it's right next to it, you cant go wrong. Ex-Pros and OS boys are always welcome in the quarry with or without a spade. We've still got a good few weeks to go before our phase 1 improvements will be completed. Hoping to attract some talented riders  :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 12:10 AM by PaulGray - AQL »

scott250

« Reply #503 on: March 18, 2009, 07:08 PM »
Looking forward to seeing some pics of you all riding- what bikes are you all riding these days? still got a GT paul?

keiththompson

« Reply #504 on: March 18, 2009, 07:39 PM »
Looking forward to seeing some pics of you all riding- what bikes are you all riding these days? still got a GT paul?
Speaking for myself, Ive only got a mountain bike and havent jumped it quarry style before. But I have one eye on e-bay looking for a BMX or maybe a 24" jump-bike. Its been 15+ years since I jumped properly so really looking forward to blowing away the cob-webs and getting some air...... touch-wood

keiththompson

« Reply #505 on: March 18, 2009, 07:44 PM »
Nige, heres the pics you have been waiting for.......(crap quality, soz. think Paul has some better ones)

Under advise from the lads jumping we have made the entry to the berm less steep and shaved about 2-3 inches off it. Thay said its perfect and a great set :daumenhoch:

I forgot to mention, its SODP 1 and 2 thats been christened.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 08:11 PM by keiththompsonAQL »

keiththompson

« Reply #506 on: March 18, 2009, 08:01 PM »
Got loads done today in a heatwave. It was like July up there instead of march. Thankfully it was cool in the shade around the spiral area. Just about got the Spiral finished (though its still damp and squishy). Paul took his bike up so we all had a few test runs, it should be a laugh when its all dry and set properly. When it cooled down we finished the line at the side of the table-top (heading for the sodp berm). Also dumped a good few barrow loads on the lander of SODP3 so that shouldnt take much doing. Paul surfaced SODP 3's launcher as well. All in all a cracking day.

Matty crapping on the Tabletop ;D

Tire tracks around the spiral :daumenhoch: (Mattys first try was a cracker, Straight over the top between the DP lander and the table top  :4_17_5: (you can just see his tire tracks heading straight over the top)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 09:03 PM by keiththompsonAQL »

paulgray

« Reply #507 on: March 18, 2009, 08:17 PM »
Like Keith said we had another good day and got some test runs in. Maccaz got dizzy half way round the spiral and went down the plug hole  :2funny: and Tommy did his first BMX  jump in 20 years  :4_17_5: The ground is totally dry in the majority of the riding area, only need the spiral to solidify a bit more and it will be all systems go.

Here's Tommy smoothin down the run in. [Edit] To account for Tommy's next post I should explain that seconds later he was abducted and held captive for over 10 mins by the blue and orange UFO which can be seen approaching from the right  :shocked:.  He is now claiming to remember back flippin over the DP on my bike, but has no recollection of his abduction, spooky thing these alien memory implants  :laugh:

And another shot of the spiral.

Today's movie
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 08:46 PM by PaulGray - AQL »

keiththompson

« Reply #508 on: March 18, 2009, 08:23 PM »
Tommy did his first BMX  jump in 20 years  :4_17_5:

Yep....the death packs a piece of piss :P
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 08:28 PM by keiththompsonAQL »

paulgray

« Reply #509 on: March 18, 2009, 08:28 PM »

I sure do, what you riding Scott?

scott250

« Reply #510 on: March 18, 2009, 09:10 PM »
Built up a t1 ruben for riding the dirt - fat tyers and big bars - I'm about to switch back to a standard 250s.  I ride a 24" about 3 times a year too, but I should probly sell it.

Dean snaped a pic of me on the flyout at Darlo on my dinner hour¬
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 09:22 PM by scott250 »

nigel hutton

« Reply #511 on: March 18, 2009, 09:11 PM »
great to see the sodp getting used today ,just wished i,d been there .video is sweet ,seeing the jump being used when you have had a hand in building it just can,t wait to try it myself.also gives me a real boost to get the rest of the 8 pack finished.i,ll bring these dust bins up at the weekend they will want digging in straight away or they will go missing. great work today lads ,i do agree tommy we need to finish off stuff first,looking forward to hearing your new idea though. whats gonna happen with the berm after the spiral are you keeping it or what/.well done anyway see ya soon AQL

paulgray

« Reply #512 on: March 18, 2009, 09:28 PM »
Built up a t1 ruben for riding the dirt - fat tyers and big bars - I'm about to switch back to a standard 250s.  I ride a 24" about 3 times a year too, but I should probly sell it.

Good photo, it's frightening how alien my bike feels after such a long layoff, wish I had Tommy's confidence about being able to do it again, but then he always was good at jumps.

paulgray

« Reply #513 on: March 18, 2009, 09:31 PM »
While I remember, Chris and his mates were saying that the second set needs to be a little steeper or longer as they needed a touch of brake to avoid over jumping it. The third set may also need the same remedy.

scott250

« Reply #514 on: March 18, 2009, 09:32 PM »
You'll be fine Paul, I remeber you having a smooth race style - I was always a bit ify on the doubles back in the day, haha.

The SODP looks good on the little vid.

scott250

« Reply #515 on: March 18, 2009, 09:55 PM »

Remeber the track mods I posted - heres a little clip of me tabling the hip I made up Darlo track.

keiththompson

« Reply #516 on: March 18, 2009, 10:53 PM »
whats gonna happen with the berm after the spiral are you keeping it or what
Dunno yet. If we clear this area using the dirt for SODP4, We could build a BDP (Baby death pack) trail all the way down from the spiral TT killing 2 birds with 1 stone..

Then building something like this (a sort of half way between a quarter pipe and a hip jump) and leave room behind for the BDP line.

*** saying that it might not be a good idea to build a BDP trail right next to the DP as the DP riders wont want 100's of kids riding next to them and hanging around that area .... time for another think :uglystupid2: Still like the quarter hip thingy idea though.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 11:04 PM by keiththompsonAQL »

keiththompson

« Reply #517 on: March 18, 2009, 11:14 PM »

Good photo, it's frightening how alien my bike feels after such a long layoff, wish I had Tommy's confidence about being able to do it again, but then he always was good at jumps.
Maybe its your turn next to be beemed up to the mothership  :P

aditup 2234

« Reply #518 on: March 19, 2009, 06:15 PM »
Quarry is looking great lads, good work. I promise I will take a look up soon, just dont seem to find the time at the moment.
Whats the schedule for the weekend chaps?
See you soon.
Ad  :daumenhoch:

keiththompson

« Reply #519 on: March 19, 2009, 07:27 PM »
Quarry is looking great lads, good work. I promise I will take a look up soon, just dont seem to find the time at the moment.
See you soon.
The schedule for the weekend is ..................................... Digging :P
Get your self up sometime, even just for a look and a chin-wag. Wednesdays and the weekend is usually the time when one of us is up there. Have you got a bike at the mo? When the clocks go forward we hope to have a few nights up there like the old days  :daumenhoch: (better than the weekend when the place gets swamped with kids from thornaby doing everyones head in). Im on the look-out for a Bmx (to share with me son), or a 24" jump bike for myself if you know where theres one going.

I seen the piccy of you at Hartlepool on the old-skool thread. It was Paul who noticed it. I told him Id never have noticed it was you if he didnt say. I'd have been looking for a gadgey with "blonde" hair ;D

keiththompson

« Reply #520 on: March 19, 2009, 07:34 PM »
While I remember, Chris and his mates were saying that the second set needs to be a little steeper or longer as they needed a touch of brake to avoid over jumping it. The third set may also need the same remedy.

Id wait until a few others have a go. Its more than likely that we might need to get a few pedels in to gain speed, never mind braking.... Im sure Nige will have a sneak up one night when alls quiet for a bash...  ;)

aditup 2234

« Reply #521 on: March 19, 2009, 07:48 PM »
See you soon.
The schedule for the weekend is ..................................... Digging :P
Get your self up sometime, even just for a look and a chin-wag. Wednesdays and the weekend is usually the time when one of us is up there. Have you got a bike at the mo? When the clocks go forward we hope to have a few nights up there like the old days  :daumenhoch: (better than the weekend when the place gets swamped with kids from thornaby doing everyones head in). Im on the look-out for a Bmx (to share with me son), or a 24" jump bike for myself if you know where theres one going.

I seen the piccy of you at Hartlepool on the old-skool thread. It was Paul who noticed it. I told him Id never have noticed it was you if he didnt say. I'd have been looking for a gadgey with "blonde" hair ;D

Tommy,

I have no bike at the mo, but do have access to one if i need to.
I will look forward to a look up, perhaps saturday, but not promising. Night time when the clocks change sounds better.
Which pic did you see me in? Dont think I have seen it.
Hope to see you all soon, Take care, Ad

paulgray

« Reply #522 on: March 19, 2009, 08:11 PM »
See you soon.

Tommy,

I have no bike at the mo, but do have access to one if i need to.
I will look forward to a look up, perhaps saturday, but not promising. Night time when the clocks change sounds better.
Which pic did you see me in? Dont think I have seen it.
Hope to see you all soon, Take care, Ad

There you go Adam, have you ridden recently? if you haven't then you're in the same boat as the rest of us, we aint jumped anything in ages, well apart from Tommy doing the DP  ::)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 08:15 PM by PaulGray - AQL »

keiththompson

« Reply #523 on: March 19, 2009, 08:16 PM »
Thats the one^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I gave up looking for it. :buck2:

It looks like you are picking your lottery numbers in that pic  :D

*** Trust the thread to start a new page after I put all them ^^^^^^ arrows in ***... :tickedoff:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 08:19 PM by keiththompsonAQL »

scott250

« Reply #524 on: March 19, 2009, 08:33 PM »
See you soon.

I might be getting rid of me 24" if your interested- fedral frame - landing gear forks, all good parts

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails

gfxgfx
gfx gfx