gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 07:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Great Ayton Quarry Trails  (Read 144316 times)

keiththompson

Re: Great Ayton Quarry Trails
« Reply #475 on: March 10, 2009, 11:16 PM »
A day away from the quarry and already feeling refreshed and looking forward to the mid-week dig...

Now where are we going to fit these in (15 to 20 seconds on this vid... http://video.mpora.com/watch/l9aMDJFGb/

Any ideas?       Ill post when I can think of somewhere :P

(from 1.30 onwards its a bit like our old quarter-pipe)

Had an idea for this area...

I know we have built a berm here, but just thought this might go in better for a bit of a change...

They can be riden from the spiral, Pauls hip or just from the top of the spirals tabletop

What ya think?

paulgray

« Reply #476 on: March 10, 2009, 11:42 PM »
You could immediately follow it with another one up the back of the DP launcher landing on the SDP lander. Think we need a good think.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 11:44 PM by paulgray »

Maccaz

« Reply #477 on: March 10, 2009, 11:47 PM »
i,ll be up some stage tomorrow i,m taking my birthday day off .am very tempted to take up me bike ,though i,m waiting for a new front wheel hubs fooked on mine.i,ll defo be up saturday with the boys if anyones about,if your coming matt don,t forget ye shovel mate ,and we need a test rider so your helmet also.forgot to tell ya matt the middle hip is now a foot wider and a foot higher,i know it,s your bogey jump but i think it,s better now,just send it mate.see you all soon AQL

Im not able to bring my bike up for two weeks but ill definitely have my shovel and wellies dude! ill be there saturday for definite. whens your birthday Nige? getting excited now.

i like the idea Tommy, looks good. is it a quarter though? or a spine onto the dp landing?

keiththompson

« Reply #478 on: March 10, 2009, 11:53 PM »
i,ll be up some stage tomorrow i,m taking my birthday day off .am very tempted to take up me bike ,though i,m waiting for a new front wheel hubs fooked on mine.i,ll defo be up saturday with the boys if anyones about,if your coming matt don,t forget ye shovel mate ,and we need a test rider so your helmet also.forgot to tell ya matt the middle hip is now a foot wider and a foot higher,i know it,s your bogey jump but i think it,s better now,just send it mate.see you all soon AQL

Im not able to bring my bike up for two weeks but ill definitely have my shovel and wellies dude! ill be there saturday for definite. whens your birthday Nige? getting excited now.

i like the idea Tommy, looks good. is it a quarter though? or a spine onto the dp landing?

I got the idea of this video....15 seconds in... http://video.mpora.com/watch/l9aMDJFGb/

keiththompson

« Reply #479 on: March 10, 2009, 11:55 PM »
You could immediately follow it with another one up the back of the DP launcher landing on the SDP lander. Think we need a good think.

I was thinking that , but its gonna be very tight

paulgray

« Reply #480 on: March 11, 2009, 12:02 AM »
Some photos for you.

keiththompson

« Reply #481 on: March 11, 2009, 12:38 AM »
Great pics  :4_17_5: I was wanting a pic showing the whole quarry, just so I could sit and look at it for ideas. Never thought of going up there. Or have you been out in the gyro-copter ::)

A good sign that spring is coming.... Some of the gorse  is going yellow :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:52 AM by keiththompson »

Maccaz

« Reply #482 on: March 11, 2009, 01:29 AM »
 :D

nigel hutton

« Reply #483 on: March 11, 2009, 01:49 PM »
great pics spring in the air for sure man .that new idea you put on looks good tom we will have to eye it up and see.birthdays today the 11th matt but don,t worry i,ll get my prezzie on saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!see you soon AQL

Maccaz

« Reply #484 on: March 11, 2009, 02:08 PM »
Happy Birthday Nige!!!

do us a favour and give us a call if you see this today :P

paulgray

« Reply #485 on: March 11, 2009, 05:52 PM »
Great pics  :4_17_5: I was wanting a pic showing the whole quarry, just so I could sit and look at it for ideas. Never thought of going up there. Or have you been out in the gyro-copter ::)

A good sign that spring is coming.... Some of the gorse  is going yellow :daumenhoch:

Yea springs arriving  :), but look at all the midgies in the second photo  :(. A gyro-copter  ??? now there's an idea  ;)

paulgray

« Reply #486 on: March 11, 2009, 05:55 PM »
Hard work today, we have to lower the ground level here by about a foot for drainage and to get a good curve between the sets. The ground is hard packed clay and stones, progress is slow.

scott250

« Reply #487 on: March 12, 2009, 09:24 PM »
Nice shot from up above, better than google earth maybe  ;)

What, if anything, is new down the bottom end?  I used to love the dirty 1/2 pipe - that was even better with a steped up landing in the mid 90s.  learn't loads of tricks on that - nothings, 360s, no footers, cancans and 1 handed xups to name a few.  I used to try barspins but bailed most of them, but I used to always think a tricks not done till you've wacked it out over a set of doubles, haha, that limits me to about 3 tricks ever pulled, haha.

keiththompson

« Reply #488 on: March 12, 2009, 11:30 PM »
Nice shot from up above, better than google earth maybe  ;)

What, if anything, is new down the bottom end?  I used to love the dirty 1/2 pipe - that was even better with a steped up landing in the mid 90s.  learn't loads of tricks on that - nothings, 360s, no footers, cancans and 1 handed xups to name a few.  I used to try barspins but bailed most of them, but I used to always think a tricks not done till you've wacked it out over a set of doubles, haha, that limits me to about 3 tricks ever pulled, haha.
Nothing much has changed down the bottom end really for a few years now, as far as I know. The old Quarter-pipe (parachute jump) (if thats what you mean) has changed loads over the years through digging and erosion. Talk has been murmered to have a go at getting it back to how it used to be. It would be great to get it back as it must have been the most used jump ever in the quarry. Most of the pics in the 1st few pages of this thread are out of the "parachute jump".

paulgray

« Reply #489 on: March 13, 2009, 01:34 PM »
Weather news... Good for digging and riding on Saturday.

We need to be getting the new jumps finished while there is still moisture in the soil as the ground is drying rapidly.

keiththompson

« Reply #490 on: March 13, 2009, 09:11 PM »
Late pic from Wed. Nothing exciting, just a hole  :P ...

Took out the pipe from the spiral and re-laid it lower so hopefully it should empty better when it rains. As you can see from the pic, its still somping in that area.

paulgray

« Reply #491 on: March 14, 2009, 04:54 PM »
Hardly any mud today, it's drying out very rapidly with the wind.

Reduced the ground level in middle of SDP and the landing is well on the way to being completed.

Maccaz, earning his right to ride  :daumenhoch:

Couple of hard slams today, kids, no helmets no gloves no brains  :idiot2:

nigel hutton

« Reply #492 on: March 14, 2009, 10:40 PM »
great pics again paul,brilliant to see matty home putting the hours in ,sorry i couldn,t be up longer today,up tomorrow .as you say we need to get on the ground is drying so fast . sodp so nearly done can,t wait to try it the flow should be sweet.those lads up today need there heads banging a few twats among em take it easy see ya tomorrow AQL

paulgray

« Reply #493 on: March 15, 2009, 07:51 PM »
Today saw the Big Hip get a makeover and some more work on SDP (the 8 pack). Good to have Ste, Chris etc showing us how it's done  :4_17_5:

The Big Hip repaired.

Ste, Maccaz and Tommy havin a break.

:shocked: :-\

Felt like we finally rounded the corner today and left winter behind, the ground was dry, the sun was out, the birds were singing in the sky, and light nights are on the way, hurray!  :smitten:

keiththompson

« Reply #494 on: March 15, 2009, 08:09 PM »
Felt like we finally rounded the corner today and left winter behind, the ground was dry, the sun was out, the birds were singing in the sky, and light nights are on the way, hurray!  :smitten:

Dont put your foot in it...it was snowing this time last year :P
The forcast is for the same as today all week...  :daumenhoch:
Good pics again. We say that everything looks bigger on the net ... well that hip jump is just.... :shocked:

paulgray

« Reply #495 on: March 15, 2009, 11:41 PM »
The youngster that took a nasty fall yesterday was back up again today, and he's perfectly ok (though he'd bust his wrist) but one of his mates had a big 'Ayton Kebab' covering half his head  :-\ wish they'd wear helmets etc.

keiththompson

« Reply #496 on: March 15, 2009, 11:45 PM »
The youngster that took a nasty fall yesterday was back up again today, and he's perfectly ok (though he'd bust his wrist) but one of his mates had a big 'Ayton Kebab' covering half his head  :-\ wish they'd wear helmets etc.
:2funny: Ayton Kebab... yer I seen him but didnt ask where he did it. True they should wear a helmet, I think we were just lucky BITD

keiththompson

« Reply #497 on: March 17, 2009, 08:20 PM »
I had a Cancellation at work today, so I did some of tomorrows instead, so I should be finished at 12ish... 1 ish at the most tomorrow to get a good day in seeing as the weather is as it is. Had an hour with that bloody shovel on the spiral today about 5ish.

Also got some new ideas :D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 08:24 PM by keiththompsonAQL »

nigel hutton

« Reply #498 on: March 17, 2009, 10:21 PM »
saw ye car tommy when i was on my way in from work but couldn,t get up today hopefully get a good finish tomorrow. i thought that idea of coming out of the spiral over the jump then instead of round the berm going to the left of the death pack and transfering back onto the 8 pack really looks a winner,it may keep the flow going.really wonna get the 8 pack done for easter session.see ya soon AQL

hudu

« Reply #499 on: March 17, 2009, 10:27 PM »
Today saw the Big Hip get a makeover and some more work on SDP (the 8 pack). Good to have Ste, Chris etc showing us how it's done  :4_17_5:

The Big Hip repaired.

Ste, Maccaz and Tommy havin a break.

:shocked: :-\

Good work fellas!

I just read that you were at Hartlepool Paul? So was I.....didn't see you... drove all that way for a session and didn't realise there was a race on - so I hung about a bit then set off to see if i could remember the way to Ayton (without a map!)

...never got there...blew it off to go ride locally.

Let me know when there is a session - I'll bring a spade.

Phil C

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails

gfxgfx
gfx gfx