gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 03:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Great Ayton Quarry Trails  (Read 144278 times)

keiththompson

Re: Great Ayton Quarry Trails
« Reply #375 on: February 26, 2009, 09:01 AM »
Looking good !  Its been dry enough to ride Darlo track on my dinner hour- its a bit like riding Ayton in 92.  The little mods I made havent been knocked down ither :P so I'm pleased with that.  The MTBers will cry with that berm - thats where they usually drop off, haha.

Looking at the same pic of Pauls I mentioned above, the berm is infront of a berm that was already in existance so its not blocking out really. That why I put the jump in anyway to keep a line running down (and mayby up, with a bit added to it). Now that berm is there what goes on between it is for everybody to build what-ever size jumps they want ...large or not so large. :P :buck2:

Hopefully at the weekend everybody is going to show up so all ideas can be brought together :daumenhoch:

Just to add.....whenever did you see a mountain-biker digging............ So Maccaz has it spot on
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 05:49 PM by keiththompson »

nigel hutton

« Reply #376 on: February 26, 2009, 02:51 PM »
laughed out loud at tommies "if you pull this sign down you are a knob "quote, classic and very true.i,ve got an old wooden ladder i,m gonna take up so at least they will have to make an effort to climb the tree to pull them down. new berm looks sweet .theres a real good forcast for the weekend so get digging.
just a note to matty when you back up to gods country your lungs must be chocker with that london smog?!!!!!!!!! :2funny: well see you all soon AQL

keiththompson

« Reply #377 on: February 26, 2009, 05:40 PM »
laughed out loud at tommies "if you pull this sign down you are a knob "quote, classic and very true.i,ve got an old wooden ladder i,m gonna take up so at least they will have to make an effort to climb the tree to pull them down. new berm looks sweet .theres a real good forcast for the weekend so get digging.
just a note to matty when you back up to gods country your lungs must be chocker with that london smog?!!!!!!!!! :2funny: well see you all soon AQL

At home at 2.51 PM.... WHY AINT YOU UP THERE DIGGING :P

I was wondering where you were going with the "ladder" quote. For a second my mind was wondering " how is he going to use a ladder in building stuff" :idiot2:

Maccaz

« Reply #378 on: February 26, 2009, 07:59 PM »
2 weeks today for for my mams birthday lol!

ill come up sat and sunday and get a dig in for real!!!!  :D

keiththompson

« Reply #379 on: February 26, 2009, 11:37 PM »
Looking good !  Its been dry enough to ride Darlo track on my dinner hour- its a bit like riding Ayton in 92.  The little mods I made havent been knocked down ither :P so I'm pleased with that.  The MTBers will cry with that berm - thats where they usually drop off, haha.

Have you got a thread or pics of your spot in Darlo?

paulgray

« Reply #380 on: February 27, 2009, 06:38 PM »
Anyone diggin tomorrow? I just had a quick look up today and it's gettin better (drier) all the time.  The weather forecast is good, I'm down Redcar tonight but I should be fit and raring to go by dinner time.

keiththompson

« Reply #381 on: February 27, 2009, 10:22 PM »
Anyone diggin tomorrow? I just had a quick look up today and it's gettin better (drier) all the time.  The weather forecast is good, I'm down Redcar tonight but I should be fit and raring to go by dinner time.
Yep, I should be there about that time :coolsmiley:

keiththompson

« Reply #382 on: February 28, 2009, 10:38 AM »
I cant get away from this video (the second one down...Hannu trails)...http://www.vimeo.com/channels/deluxebmxtrailstv

Had a mess about last night and it looks like it goes something like this...

I did a plan of the quarry a few weeks ago using pics and google earth etc, and added this into it last night...

The red is miles out of scale, but just thought it would (or something similar) would fit in perfect into that space. Lots of digging and I thought Id put the idea on here to see what everybody thinks.

THE THOUGHT WAS THERE BUT AFTER BEEN UP TODAY THERE ISNT ENOUGH ROOM TO BUILD THIS WHICH IS A SHAME. :( STILL, MAYBE SOMETHING SIMILAR WILL BE BUILD BUT NOT AS THIS SCALE....
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 06:11 PM by keiththompson »

paulgray

« Reply #383 on: February 28, 2009, 05:21 PM »
Things have come along well today, Mike's got started on revamping the Death Pack and Keith's done a sterling job surfacing the spiral which is back up to full height. Nige has been digging out the berm leading into the SDP and things are really starting to take shape. Still there's a lot to be done so the AQL will be back at it tomorrow.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 05:27 PM by paulgray »

keiththompson

« Reply #384 on: February 28, 2009, 06:07 PM »
Another good day with 4 of us at it.

Some of another berm after the spiral and table-top I did a few weeks ago but forgot to take my cam...

And a couple from today...

These are still a bit sloppy so unridable yet but heres to a spell of good weather for it all to dry and bond. We will see tomorrow about digging out the rest of the spiral.

So far so good :daumenhoch:

paulgray

« Reply #385 on: March 02, 2009, 12:57 PM »
Got lots done on Sunday with some help from Chris.

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #386 on: March 02, 2009, 05:34 PM »
You boys don't half work hard.

Can't wait to get up and ride the (small) jumps.

:daumenhoch:

Maccaz

« Reply #387 on: March 02, 2009, 06:00 PM »
christ, sodp is bigger than i thought! love the way the spiral is shaping up. soo looking forward to come home now. a week thursday!

anyone digging a week on friday? i'll be there  :daumenhoch:

paulgray

« Reply #388 on: March 02, 2009, 06:22 PM »
The old camera was playing up yesterday but I got a good shot today. Lots of lines here, from SDP1 launcher over and into spiral berm or, up the side SDP lander  onto DP1 lander and that's just for starters  :D

paulgray

« Reply #389 on: March 02, 2009, 06:30 PM »
You boys don't half work hard.

Can't wait to get up and ride the (small) jumps.

Yea we did Sat and Sun, the pressure is on too have it ready for when Keith gets his new bike  ;)

Most of the riding area was dry at the weekend but we got rain forcast for this week and then next week Maccaz is back so it'll be snowing :laugh:

nigel hutton

« Reply #390 on: March 02, 2009, 06:30 PM »
lets have less of the small jumps ,we were looking at them yesterday and there not far off the death pack when you stand back and eye em up.got loads done yesterday and had some good crack really enjoyed it.the trails are gonna be amazing this year.see you all soon AQL

nigel hutton

« Reply #391 on: March 02, 2009, 06:33 PM »
JUST HAVE TO SAY THAT NEW PHOTO FROM TODAY ,THE SODP LOOKS SWEET

paulgray

« Reply #392 on: March 02, 2009, 06:41 PM »
lets have less of the small jumps ,we were looking at them yesterday and there not far off the death pack when you stand back and eye em up.got loads done yesterday and had some good crack really enjoyed it.the trails are gonna be amazing this year.see you all soon AQL

I think Dex was meaning small as in "not the Death Pack"  ;)

Mind you, Chris said the DP is the easiest set up there if you can build up enough courage to go for it  :-\

Maccaz

« Reply #393 on: March 02, 2009, 07:25 PM »

looking at that last pic it doesnt look too far off the death pack in terms of size hahahaha. Is it only the two double so far or are there another 2 sets with sodp?

gonna have to grow a set to ride them badboys. cant wait. as i said im back next week for my mums birthday (lol) but ill have the weekend to mess about. be looking forward to seeing you guys in the day!

so excited!

paulgray

« Reply #394 on: March 02, 2009, 08:39 PM »
Ha ha just found this photo ... 

Aug 08

Mar 09

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #395 on: March 02, 2009, 08:40 PM »
Yep - I was defo meaning that i will be riding the smaller jumps on offer.

That said - if I can work up to it and feel comfortable I'm sure the skills of you guys will help me step up my game.

Trails riding is a special skill and one I want to develop.  Steep landings and all that.

scott250

« Reply #396 on: March 02, 2009, 10:05 PM »
The little berm leading to the SODP looks mighty tight to me :shocked:   Anyone been over it yet?

paulgray

« Reply #397 on: March 02, 2009, 10:59 PM »
The little berm leading to the SODP looks mighty tight to me :shocked:   Anyone been over it yet?

Not yet Scott, we're still tinkering with it all. The jump has ended up a bit larger than first planned cos we dug the ground out, but we'll get it sorted one way or another, what we really need is a fearless test rider ...

Yep - I was defo meaning that i will be riding the smaller jumps on offer.

That said - if I can work up to it and feel comfortable I'm sure the skills of you guys will help me step up my game.

Trails riding is a special skill and one I want to develop.  Steep landings and all that.

I can see it now on the back of your shirt,  Dex "DEATH PACK" Dexter  >:D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 05:13 PM by paulgray »

paulgray

« Reply #398 on: March 02, 2009, 11:04 PM »
Hey I just started a related topic, if DP3 get's beat I suggest be build the "SWAMP MONSTER"  :2gunsfiring_v1:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=81679.0

Maccaz

« Reply #399 on: March 02, 2009, 11:12 PM »

Not yet Scott, we're still tinkering with it all. The jump has ended up a bit larger than first planned cos we dug the ground out, but we'll get it sorted one way or another, what we really need is a fearless test rider ...

ill try it ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails

gfxgfx
gfx gfx