gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 11:38 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Great Ayton Quarry Trails  (Read 144231 times)

keiththompson

Re: Great Ayton Quarry Trails
« Reply #325 on: February 10, 2009, 03:11 PM »
Another day off work with the weather and had the dog out this morning in blizzards so I didnt think any digging could be done. As im sitting here now most of the snow (well in guisborough anyway (only a dead snowman to show any signs of snow been here)) has about gone and its a clear blue sky. The nights are getting that bit lighter so if anyone is going up there give me a ring/text and ill see if im busy. Come march-ish ill be working full-time again so I want to get the thick of operation "ROCK N ROLLER COASTER" done.

As I said just me and the dog are home-alone and did a bit of messing about on the lappy to fill in time and did these....

Red is the "ROCK N ROLLER COASTER". Green, the hip jump to the right and down and its route

The first Berm.

The first berm, looking up.

looking down from the first berm.

I know this area is the main source of material, so once the berms are complete, the part of the berm (on this last pic) at the back could stay intact and material could be dug from above/behind it. PS I think ive drawn this bit a bit bigger/higher than planned so theres still lots of dirt to come from here as I said. PPS the landing in the middle on the green route should have been drawn bigger. ???

« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 03:17 PM by keiththompson »

paulgray

« Reply #326 on: February 11, 2009, 10:43 AM »
Nice work Keith, really shows your idea well, CAD for the quarry, I like it  :daumenhoch:

paulgray

« Reply #327 on: February 11, 2009, 04:08 PM »
Good session today.

Difficult conditions ...

... but that didn't stop us ...

Forecast for Saturday is hot dry and sunny so shades and spades, see you there  :crazy2:

paulgray

« Reply #328 on: February 11, 2009, 04:10 PM »
I seem to have run up against the same white-out conditions at my new spot. Gonna try for a late night dig though as the snow means you can see in the woods at night. Just hope the ground ain't frozen below.

Good work Paul and the crew up there, would love to pay a visit in summer.  :4_17_5:

Consider yourself invited, anytime   ;)

Eddy

« Reply #329 on: February 11, 2009, 05:35 PM »
This new section is providing all kinds of inspiration!

You sure you wouldn't get dizzy riding it?

keiththompson

« Reply #330 on: February 11, 2009, 07:46 PM »

We wont know until weve tried it. Lots of testing and shaping to do but the basics are coming along..............All I need now is a bike :idiot2:

keiththompson

« Reply #331 on: February 11, 2009, 08:30 PM »
Did loads today in only 3 hours. Ill tell you what Paul, Im glad we stopped digging when we did cos i'm feeling it now :shocked:

Just to add a few pics I took today....

Im not sure we have got the bit of berm between the death pack right. Its a bit square and not round enough. I think the middle needs moving back a foot or two. Anyway will see again when we are up there :daumenhoch:

OMG I ACHE :2funny:

« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 09:22 PM by keiththompson »

Maccaz

« Reply #332 on: February 11, 2009, 09:10 PM »
are those last pics adjacent to the death pack? thats a bloody massive berm if so. are there any other pics so i could possibly orientate myself lol?

paulgray

« Reply #333 on: February 11, 2009, 09:26 PM »
are those last pics adjacent to the death pack? thats a bloody massive berm if so. are there any other pics so i could possibly orientate myself lol?

It needs to be bloody massive cos you're gonna be going bloody fast when you hit it. Go back a page and check out Keiths CAD diagrams  ;D they should explain everything.

paulgray

« Reply #334 on: February 11, 2009, 09:33 PM »

Im not sure we have got the bit of berm between the death pack right. Its a bit square and not round enough. I think the middle needs moving back a foot or two. Anyway will see again when we are up there :daumenhoch:

I don't think it will be far off, we need to sort out the entry point cos all else will depend on that.

keiththompson

« Reply #335 on: February 11, 2009, 09:35 PM »

I don't think it will be far off, we need to sort out the entry point cos all else will depend on that.

Thats what I tell the mrs ;D

paulgray

« Reply #336 on: February 11, 2009, 09:37 PM »

It's outrageous, I've never seen anything like it, "The Death Spiral" ha ha

paulgray

« Reply #337 on: February 11, 2009, 09:38 PM »

Thats what I tell the mrs ;D

You're a very smutty boy  :bondage:

keiththompson

« Reply #338 on: February 11, 2009, 10:18 PM »
Yep. the top corner near DP1. The back of DP1 launcher is showing at the bottom left of this pic.

Just before bedtime, this might help....

Maccaz

« Reply #339 on: February 12, 2009, 05:58 AM »
ahh haha cheers keith, i got a good idea where you mean now. im back mid march me, might even be dry enough to ride!

keiththompson

« Reply #340 on: February 12, 2009, 04:30 PM »
Looks like the white stuff has struck again...

one more...............yes im bored.

Maccaz

« Reply #341 on: February 12, 2009, 05:26 PM »
you love it haha! i got a good idea where it all is now. i was wasted last night, trying to figure out those pics was a nightmare haha.

keiththompson

« Reply #342 on: February 13, 2009, 09:18 AM »
Paul... we will need a wheel-barrow for saturday if you can borrow nige's spare. No point digging around the tree when theres loads to shift at the back of the spiral. Ill be parking at the end of the wheatlands probably on saturday because I got my wing-mirror knocked off on wednesday.. >:(

nigel hutton

« Reply #343 on: February 13, 2009, 07:31 PM »
that lot looks mad ,i like the tech going on over the pictures,but you can really see what going on in tommies head. just call or text me if you want the spare barra it has a very slow punture so youi may need to take a pump with you depending on how long your gonna be up there. nice to hear from the soft southerner matty far to cold for him up ere!!!!!!!! ;D hopefully the weather will start to pick up now .i need to get that 8 pack sorted it,ll get done no worries see you all soon AQL

paulgray

« Reply #344 on: February 14, 2009, 05:43 PM »
Today's before and after photos.

From the run in.

From above.

:4_17_5:

Maccaz

« Reply #345 on: February 14, 2009, 07:15 PM »
that berm is bloody massive man! should turn it into a dirtbowl  :D

keiththompson

« Reply #346 on: February 14, 2009, 07:20 PM »
A couple from me....

Ben...the 1st official tester getting air down the slope

keiththompson

« Reply #347 on: February 14, 2009, 10:24 PM »
I love this video... so much in so little space....sends the mind thinking ;)

(the second video down)

http://www.vimeo.com/channel14197

paulgray

« Reply #348 on: February 14, 2009, 11:31 PM »
I love this video... so much in so little space....sends the mind thinking ;)

(the second video down)

http://www.vimeo.com/channel14197

Some bloody awesome video on that site  :shocked:, totally inspirational, wish a was a yoof again  :(. A few more years digging by the AQL and we might have something comparable.

keiththompson

« Reply #349 on: February 15, 2009, 12:18 AM »
http://www.bikeguide.org/forums/showthread.php's=cad31d613a7c89b9360dc8a50e756934&t=151036

^^^^^ The second pic in post 5......

theres a sleeper laid this side of the fence at the top of the sledging field. Maybe it should be gathered up, if not for now then maybe for the future.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails

gfxgfx
gfx gfx