gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 11:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Great Ayton Quarry Trails  (Read 144352 times)

keiththompson

Re: Great Ayton Quarry Trails
« Reply #650 on: April 05, 2009, 12:45 AM »
Would like abit of advice on this...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260385198200&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:PIC&ih=016

Its the only one ive seen thats local. Its putting me off bidding when it says "Boys bmx" and "10years+"

Or this from Geordieland...   http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200327696373&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010  But it needs a bit of work but looks longer.
don't buy them bikes if there for you  mate they might aswell be kids bikes honest they are not worth anything mate
Cheers :daumenhoch: ill give em a miss. Saying that, what im looking for is something for Dan (me son 13) that I can borrow ;) with maybe a 24" for myself at a later date. There scarce to find though ???
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 12:48 AM by keiththompsonAQL »

keiththompson

« Reply #651 on: April 05, 2009, 10:19 AM »
Mike testing the Death Pack for first time 2009, sorry about my dog wandering off like that when I was filming  :-[, won't happen again.

/>
Turn the sound up full, or wear ear-phones. The way the wheels run though dp2 lander to dp3 launcher is superb :daumenhoch:

The birds sound happy as well :)

paulgray

« Reply #652 on: April 05, 2009, 06:37 PM »
Some good jumping this afternoon, shame I missed half of it. Got some decent shots of AQL Ste and Nick from Whitby.

/>
Click the globe to see my YouTube page.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 12:31 AM by PaulGray - AQL »

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #653 on: April 05, 2009, 09:32 PM »
Class pictures.

Coming up to visit relies this week and I'm going to pop up the quarry.

Got anything smaller to ride?  :)

nigel hutton

« Reply #654 on: April 05, 2009, 09:53 PM »
great stuff again paul all the you tube stuff looks ace man.ste and nick in great form today brilliant to watch.no scum bags today im hoping after speaking to the coppers that we defo have them on our side they were amazed by the whole quarry and had a good atitude towards us,they seemed to know who they are so thats a good thing
still working on the smoothing tech of the 8 pack when i see what mikes done on the death pack take off 3 i have a long way to go .i think there fine on the steepness side just need the 3rd landing taller and the 4th landing better ste said,so thats my next job. seems crazy but i,m wondering whats next to build,i know ste wants us to do the berm at the bottom end and build up that doulble,which will be sweet.i wonna get some more riding in i must admit very rusty today.see you all soon AQL

paulgray

« Reply #655 on: April 06, 2009, 12:48 AM »
Class pictures.

Coming up to visit relies this week and I'm going to pop up the quarry.

Got anything smaller to ride?  :)

There's a variety of jumps at the moment from beginner to expert so there should be something to keep you entertained for a while. It's far from finished but we may have to wait for a spell of wet weather before building can continue as it's dried out really quick this year. Make sure you bring your protective gear, it's the only sensible thing to ride in up there.

See you in the quarry bud.

keiththompson

« Reply #656 on: April 06, 2009, 08:04 AM »
Superb pics again. Ill have to get me video and digicam sorted out sometime. Dont wish to hard for the rain... cos its coming (heavy on wed they say). I think ill be up 4-5ish to walk the dog and see whos kicking about today. Dunno if ive had a bug or something cos i havent had an ounce of energy and just slept all weekend. Me T'internets been running as weak as a womens fart as well for some reason, so hope that improves to get some good pics online. Anyway, like Nige says...whats the next plan of action, This wed's bad for me (inc the weather), but evenings should be ok for a few hours. We also need to decided what to do after the spiral and TT and is it gonna link up with that new Berm. When its wet again we also need to get rid off the bumps in the middle where we dug the turf out before it sets properly in the summer... See you soon :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 08:46 AM by keiththompsonAQL »

scott250

« Reply #657 on: April 06, 2009, 10:01 AM »
Nice clips.  Nicks got skills.  Mike, as if your 30 mate, haha.  You must have been about 15 when I first seen you up the quary ;D 

Maccaz

« Reply #658 on: April 06, 2009, 12:55 PM »
if my bike is fixed ill be heading up when nige has finished work to pick the bad boy up. may even have a buzz round the quarry for a bit  :daumenhoch:

keiththompson

« Reply #659 on: April 06, 2009, 08:30 PM »
Got  up there about 6ish and there was litter everywhere. It looks like people had been camping up there overnight and it was minging. Bottles, cans, glass and litter everywhere. It look us half an hour to tidy up and theres still rubbish in the bushes , esp down the bottom ... filled 5 carrierbags and a tent hold-all.  >:(

mikebmx92

« Reply #660 on: April 06, 2009, 08:50 PM »
Got  up there about 6ish and there was litter everywhere. It looks like people had been camping up there overnight and it was minging. Bottles, cans, glass and litter everywhere. It look us half an hour to tidy up and theres still rubbish in the bushes , esp down the bottom ... filled 5 carrierbags and a tent hold-all.  >:(
so its started then eh?
jesus they dont mess about do they.. a couple of years back there was a bout 20-30 campin up there they wrecked the place nacked all the jumps and everything.... the quarry sucks sometimes. its to public!

Maccaz

« Reply #661 on: April 06, 2009, 09:16 PM »
how was Brigg House yesterday Mike? you missed some top-bollock death-pack action ;)

nigel hutton

« Reply #662 on: April 06, 2009, 09:18 PM »
well done tommy if we all do our bit keeping the litter down thats great thats all we can do ,we can,t stop em we just have to control ourselves.the less thats down i think the less people will drop,if theres litter all over they will drop more.bastards AQL

nigel hutton

« Reply #663 on: April 06, 2009, 09:20 PM »
WAS YOUR BIKE OK MATT ? did you get the 8 pack done man?

paulgray

« Reply #664 on: April 06, 2009, 09:27 PM »
I'd be interested to know who was camping last night, anyone with that info can PM me in confidence. Was it locals, or scooter boys, or people who ride the quarry and should know better?

Maccaz

« Reply #665 on: April 06, 2009, 09:27 PM »
Bike was lovely Nige, shame about the rider  ;)

nigel hutton

« Reply #666 on: April 06, 2009, 09:34 PM »
you just need ta pull ya strides up at the back :2funny:

paulgray

« Reply #667 on: April 06, 2009, 09:40 PM »
GOOD LAD!

Ste AQL.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 09:42 PM by PaulGray - AQL »

nigel hutton

« Reply #668 on: April 06, 2009, 09:51 PM »
quality pic paul thats one for the mags

mikebmx92

« Reply #669 on: April 06, 2009, 10:13 PM »

nigel hutton

« Reply #670 on: April 06, 2009, 10:21 PM »
CHECKED OUT THOSE vids paul real good .i would put that fit french trails in my top 3,the fox trails also

mikebmx92

« Reply #671 on: April 06, 2009, 10:30 PM »
CHECKED OUT THOSE vids paul real good .i would put that fit french trails in my top 3,the fox trails also
punjabs trails ... trails kill... north california trails.... pa trails. all amazing..... best trails video ever is anthem, building the under ground awesome also!      im up in the week when my weekends injurys have wore off a bit took a bit of a beatin .. hate miss judgin jumps :buck2:. night time sessions to come ridin in the sunset is the only way :daumenhoch:

mikebmx92

« Reply #672 on: April 06, 2009, 10:35 PM »
I'd be interested to know who was camping last night, anyone with that info can PM me in confidence. Was it locals, or scooter boys, or people who ride the quarry and should know better?
we did a full stake out on a load of people campin  when they all started gatherin around the jumps and drinkin and gettin rowdy we came outa the bushes and down the hills to surround them, there was only 3 of us and about 20 of them.. we did have shovels though haha

keiththompson

« Reply #673 on: April 07, 2009, 01:19 AM »
Rubbish was everywhere and the glass was smashed on the boulder on boulder hill. It was a mess but thankfully the jumps were un-touched. Like Nige said "you cant stop em". Get shitty with em (who-ever they are) and they could wreck the place propper. The litter down the bottom I think is from weekend riders who still ignore the signs though. When the kids are off school theres nowt we can do about it. And I think it was kids, the cans were lager and the bottles wine...no hard stuff and half of em were still full, proper drinkers wouldnt have waisted it ;)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 01:23 AM by keiththompsonAQL »

Maccaz

« Reply #674 on: April 07, 2009, 10:58 AM »
balaclava up lads, night time raids here we come!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails

gfxgfx
gfx gfx