gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 09:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Great Ayton Quarry Trails  (Read 144335 times)

paulgray

Re: Great Ayton Quarry Trails
« Reply #575 on: March 25, 2009, 11:47 AM »
Woaaaah! You guys got me all wrong hah! - It was more of an low-scale AQL jam i was thinking of tbh, a few of us who have put the effort in this year having a good time with eachother, you know barbie and beer like nige said. i cant remember who i was talking to this about (maybe paul) but we were saying the beauty about the quarry is that its there for people who know its there  the local lot, not just people who find it, ride it and potentially ruin it - not just another spot to ride.

As for a publication, whatever, its cool, i just wanna write and get something published (its something i like to do lol!) but if you got it covered mike i wont bother  ;) :daumenhoch:

That's OK Maccaz, we can have a small scale AQL jam every weekend with who ever turns up ;). Ayton quarry's  not a secret, it's well known but I don't think we'll get overrun with outsiders due to our remoteness, even if there where a few magazine articles, but that's as far as I'd take it publicity wise.

Back before the NT owned the quarry we never had any problems, the owners didn't really care about a few pushbikes up there. Motorbikes had been banned but I think this was largely for one main reason, that being that they where riding in the surrounding woods, destroying the peace and tranquillity and damaging the footpaths etc, which upset the locals and believe me we don't want to do that. What this comes down to is public relations, most locals know that there are jumps in the quarry and are OK with that and will support it as long as it's not causing problems. The NT is a similar kettle of fish, they know we ride up there, it's not their scene so they don't want any involvement and they'll tolerate it if it's low key and not affecting the woods. So... Keeping a low profile is important which means keeping the litter under control, not having fires etc ... just general good behaviour. Last weekend there were a couple of lads up there with some bacon, I said they could cook it as they had a proper stove and it was under control. We can't tolerate litter, fires or anything that would be seen as a bad influence on the kids like drugs or drunkenness because it will back fire on us. Lets hope it all goes well and the AQL have a good laugh up there this summer with our friends and visitors. I'm looking forwards to making some video and getting some good photo's.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 12:09 PM by PaulGray - AQL »

Maccaz

« Reply #576 on: March 25, 2009, 11:49 AM »
definitley  :)

paulgray

« Reply #577 on: March 25, 2009, 12:23 PM »
After re-watching that double back flip no hander I thought I'd publish a picture of me from way back.

If you want the technicalities it's a two handed two footed no-flip with trousers tucked into socks.

mikebmx92

« Reply #578 on: March 25, 2009, 06:18 PM »
After re-watching that double back flip no hander I thought I'd publish a picture of me from way back.

If you want the technicalities it's a two handed two footed no-flip with trousers tucked into socks.
ha ha awesome... the best kind of ridin i reckon... i still tuck me socks in now :daumenhoch:

Maccaz

« Reply #579 on: March 25, 2009, 06:21 PM »
all about tucking in the right so theres no sprocket on sock action  ;D

keiththompson

« Reply #580 on: March 25, 2009, 07:22 PM »
Big country style shirts, jeans tucked into footy socks, and crappy hi-tec trainers :daumenhoch:. The checked "big Country" style shirts are back in fashion because my daughter is wearing em .... My whole wardrobe is fashionable again ;D

Anyway Did a bit today. Me from 3 till 5 and Paul got there earlier.

Sorted the DP run-up hill (it just needs surfacing)...

Continued to build the SODP 4's lander...

Nearly there... one big push this weekend (weather permitting) and we might be there  :daumenhoch: ...

Forgot to mention we dug the spongy bit out the spiral and filled it with rocks and rubble.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 07:37 PM by keiththompsonAQL »

nigel hutton

« Reply #581 on: March 25, 2009, 07:28 PM »
calm down matty i know what your angle was a local meet up no probs .I think you should get the mark on you this summer when ya home i,ll get my tattoo man on it!!! great to hear from that part timer mike looking forward to seeing ya man,hope you and the new biz keeping well.sos couldn,t make it this afty hav to pay the bastard morgage first ,i know where i,d rather have been. see you all at the weekend AQL

paulgray

« Reply #582 on: March 25, 2009, 07:29 PM »

Advanced riders tuck both sides to balance the drag factor, big shirt collars for a longer glide  ;D

keiththompson

« Reply #583 on: March 25, 2009, 07:35 PM »
I think I might invest in a ski-jump suit... dont they help you glide ;D

paulgray

« Reply #584 on: March 25, 2009, 07:38 PM »
Mike who's this, is it Chis Lodge? Love the relaxed style  :daumenhoch:

paulgray

« Reply #585 on: March 25, 2009, 07:42 PM »
I think I might invest in a ski-jump suit... dont they help you glide ;D

Keith, I might have found the perfect bike for you on EBay ...

Any good?  :laugh:

keiththompson

« Reply #586 on: March 25, 2009, 09:50 PM »
What a ride :D... Death pack... no problem... Launcher 1 to lander 3...here I come :2funny:

mikebmx92

« Reply #587 on: March 25, 2009, 11:30 PM »
calm down matty i know what your angle was a local meet up no probs .I think you should get the mark on you this summer when ya home i,ll get my tattoo man on it!!! great to hear from that part timer mike looking forward to seeing ya man,hope you and the new biz keeping well.sos couldn,t make it this afty hav to pay the bastard morgage first ,i know where i,d rather have been. see you all at the weekend AQL
part time haha cheeky twat.... guess thats not countin the last 15 years + give or take a couple month, and the full 2 month full nonstop diggin in 07 i dont know... im bloody offended now haha...  :2funny:

keiththompson

« Reply #588 on: March 26, 2009, 12:06 AM »

Advanced riders tuck both sides to balance the drag factor, big shirt collars for a longer glide  ;D

When I wer a lad we used to have to tuck your left trouser-leg in your sock as well, to stop it catching on the cotter-pin .... Flight-cranks my arse :crazy2:

mikebmx92

« Reply #589 on: March 26, 2009, 09:03 AM »
Mike who's this, is it Chis Lodge? Love the relaxed style  :daumenhoch:

yeah thats lodge... if ya look closely his wheels are to big! i'm off up later on this aft about 3.. looks like good diggin conditions to finally sort some shit out :daumenhoch:

Maccaz

« Reply #590 on: March 26, 2009, 10:23 AM »
whats the weather like? anyone know the forcast for saturday?

Im driving up saturday morning from london so if the weather is good and my timing is too i might get a ride in before going home  ;D

keiththompson

« Reply #591 on: March 26, 2009, 10:46 AM »
whats the weather like? anyone know the forcast for saturday?

Im driving up saturday morning from london so if the weather is good and my timing is too i might get a ride in before going home  ;D
What are you doing up this early :shocked:

Forcast is fine and showers..., some heavy so take your pic (and a spade). Saying that it was forcast to chuck it down yesterday but it was fine all day and we got a bit done.

Maccaz

« Reply #592 on: March 26, 2009, 11:44 AM »
well i'll all be driving through on the off chance before i go home. proper just wanna riiiiiide.

nigel hutton

« Reply #593 on: March 26, 2009, 08:21 PM »
knew that comment would get ya writing mike.jack said he saw ya coming up the wheatlands i was saying it won,t be mike he,ll be at work ,so i,ll have to say sorry to him. did ya get much done mate? what do ya think of the 8 pack ?any good. see ya soon AQL

mikebmx92

« Reply #594 on: March 26, 2009, 08:25 PM »
knew that comment would get ya writing mike.jack said he saw ya coming up the wheatlands i was saying it won,t be mike he,ll be at work ,so i,ll have to say sorry to him. did ya get much done mate? what do ya think of the 8 pack ?any good. see ya soon AQL
haha yeah man it was me... 8 packs lookin good just needs surfacing a bit.. went up to dig the big n's but it was to dry so i started to dig a pond haha :daumenhoch:

keiththompson

« Reply #595 on: March 26, 2009, 11:38 PM »
Home from freezing my shoemakers off at the speedway tonight. Got a bit done today again. Good to see Mike up there getting stuck in with repairs and swamp-digging. Paul continued sodp-4's lander and I surfaced the lander in the middle of the spiral (It should be a test, jumping into it). if it gets used then ok, If it doesnt then theres a ready made stock-pile of dirt ready for...whatever... Then went to help Paul.

Only one picky turned out anygood today as the rest have sun-rays spoiling em... Anyway, the spiral lander thingy...

« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 11:45 PM by keiththompsonAQL »

keiththompson

« Reply #596 on: March 28, 2009, 11:29 AM »
Is anyone any good at joinery.... ::)

paulgray

« Reply #597 on: March 28, 2009, 02:07 PM »
Found this photo on an MTB site. A couple years old, shows old DP3 hip.

paulgray

« Reply #598 on: March 28, 2009, 02:10 PM »
Is anyone any good at joinery.... ::)

/>

I've seen everything now  :idiot2:

keiththompson

« Reply #599 on: March 28, 2009, 04:23 PM »
As its a wet day, this video from the teesside motorsports park always makes me giggle ;D...
/>

As above but from a different angle :D ...

« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 04:24 PM by keiththompsonAQL »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails

gfxgfx
gfx gfx