gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 05, 2024, 02:08 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Great Ayton Quarry Trails  (Read 136695 times)

paulgray

Re: Great Ayton Quarry Trails
« Reply #200 on: November 17, 2008, 08:20 PM »
AQL RoseberryRocket a.k.a Dan "The Man" Galloway

Dan flat
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 08:25 PM by paulgray »

paulgray

« Reply #201 on: November 17, 2008, 08:35 PM »

mikebmx92

« Reply #202 on: November 17, 2008, 08:39 PM »
class videos scott love it mate haha takes us back to me yooof :2funny:

paulgray

« Reply #203 on: November 17, 2008, 08:47 PM »
Cleared for touchdown

mikebmx92

« Reply #204 on: November 17, 2008, 08:49 PM »

paulgray

« Reply #205 on: November 17, 2008, 09:31 PM »
Cleared for touchdown

flyin duck!

I'm well impressed with the height (low earth orbit  :laugh:)

scott250

« Reply #206 on: November 17, 2008, 11:30 PM »
Cool pics, am up home the weekend after next and will sling the old spade in and have a pop up if am not moving burms up summerhill!

Anyone heard from barry recently?  I don't think I seen him since the end of Fens which was over 8 years ago now!

I see Schulze every now and then, i think he has been racing motor cross and doing quite well at it!  He turns up at Summerhill every so often and schools the place with his nac nacs!

Alright Eddy, Barry Brethal ;D Smith - eye top man.  Last seem him at H2 he was up on holiday from uni doing graphic design- not sure what he's up to nowadays(Mike might still be in touch with him maybes?).  His dad used to come up sun bathing while Barry tried to kill himself numerious times, haha, his dad must have been worried watching him like, haha, I know I was ;D .  Havent seen the Shults for about 3 years, didnt he beat up a pub load of nuters one time single handed, haha?

Mike, that casual upturned supermans peeeroper mint like.

Eddy

« Reply #207 on: November 18, 2008, 12:01 PM »
Alreet Scott
I dunno about the pub thing but I do recall him jumping off the roof of a bungalo in Greatham on his bike for the craic.  He landed in the front garden with a bit of a thud and then we all had to do one before the owners realised.  Good times

scott250

« Reply #208 on: November 18, 2008, 03:46 PM »
Just been talking to Parksy on the phone- hes up for a vist to the old Quarry some time.  The chief ;)  I must, or someone must have some pics of Parkside riding the quarry.  He's just become a Dad if you lot didnt know.  He's a builder these days and been digging/riding at the catterick trails this summer as he lives right next to them, haha.  They have been washed out so he says don't know if he can be bothered to redig it again, haha.  Catterick was the safe opption to the quarry, soft silt so slams were not as bad, haha.  I post up some pics later.

nigel hutton

« Reply #209 on: November 18, 2008, 06:39 PM »

was made up on sunday just gone,watching ste jumping with such ease and style ,it was an education on how to ride
hope all these people who say there gonna dig come though and walk the talk ,nick said you went up monday?

mikebmx92

« Reply #210 on: November 18, 2008, 06:51 PM »

was made up on sunday just gone,watching ste jumping with such ease and style ,it was an education on how to ride
hope all these people who say there gonna dig come though and walk the talk ,nick said you
went up monday? aye right there like nige ... cant dig the jumps on the internet ya have to get filthy dont ya.... dont let ste hear ya sayin that about him his head'll be fuuckin massive haha

scott250

« Reply #211 on: November 18, 2008, 09:57 PM »
more pics..

me, with a cancan up the old stepup.

Mike with a bar spin

Mike again with a t-bogger

Riko with a little 1footertable over gingaBobs heads down my trails

Me with a nohander down Barker

Heres Mike tapping the lip- as he's said you gotta dig n get dirty to ride

Ste with a high cancan

Ste again with a big Xup over the old Big set.

Here Riko footplanting a steep bank in York a year or so ago, haha.  I must have some pics of Riko riding the quarry some wheres.

Me down my own trails a couple of years back, not much chance to dig these days being the Dad, but I get out a little now and then, haha.

scott250

« Reply #212 on: November 18, 2008, 10:48 PM »
If anyone wants to come ride redcar indoor park this thursday night I'm going with Pom and I think Stuey, Tim, Danyull and a few of Darlos youth section are going.  I'll be in from 6pm to 8pm.  Its about 3.50 to ride + you need a lid.

mikebmx92

« Reply #213 on: November 18, 2008, 11:42 PM »
nice one scotty lad good to see some pics i never seen before.... might see ya on thursday :daumenhoch:

scott250

« Reply #214 on: November 19, 2008, 12:53 PM »
nice one scotty lad good to see some pics i never seen before.... might see ya on thursday :daumenhoch:

Parksy is going to try make it over too.

Maccaz

« Reply #215 on: November 19, 2008, 03:57 PM »
gahh. those pictures are awesome, roll on december the 19th!

nigel hutton

« Reply #216 on: November 19, 2008, 05:01 PM »

hope all these people who say there gonna dig come though and walk the talk ,nick said you
went up monday? aye right there like nige ... cant dig the jumps on the internet ya have to get filthy dont ya.... dont let ste hear ya sayin that about him his head'll be fuuckin massive haha
ye alright i didn,t tell him how good i thought he was ,but he defo inspired me great to have us all digging and riding again  se ye soon mate

paulgray

« Reply #217 on: November 19, 2008, 06:12 PM »

ye alright i didn,t tell him how good i thought he was ,but he defo inspired me great to have us all digging and riding again  se ye soon mate

Nige, it looks like Mike was right, Ste must have overheard you  ::)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 06:19 PM by paulgray »

mikebmx92

« Reply #218 on: November 19, 2008, 06:20 PM »
hahah brilliant mate haha get in

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #219 on: November 19, 2008, 09:42 PM »
Fookin' lovin' these pics of "new" Ayton (I only really remember it before the big jumps were built), keep them coming  :4_17_5:

Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

mikebmx92

« Reply #220 on: November 19, 2008, 10:37 PM »
scott i almost forgot you were a bit of a ferret,
that no hander and can can are ideal... good lad scotty raaa :daumenhoch:

roseberryrocket

« Reply #221 on: November 20, 2008, 12:02 PM »
Just to add to your opening history lesson... There was the nightmare time (late 80's) when the whole place was planned to be used as a tip and one sad day the then existing jumps we built had been bull-dozed. Still, what was a bulldozer compared to a group of enthusiastic kids with a shovel each, and with a fresh canvess to work on the jumps were re-built, bigger and better than ever. Remember the abuse that council woman got when she and fellow council planners were in the quarry making plans of the "supposed" tip. Was it a petition from the locals "not" wanting a smelly tip in the area that sent them finally packing.

You also forgot to mention another person who put a lot of effort into the building... how could you forget your own brother.............TED :P

Interesting photo of Adam and trying to figure out who is in the background... I can see (from left to right)
Paul Gray
Spud Tate
Dunno
Nigel Hutton
Dunno
Dunno (but it could be Dan Galloway)
Keith Thompson (wearing a cracking jumper)
Dunno
Dunno
Nick Foster
Dunno
Can anyone name anymore

And finally I think that must be the only pic (and ive only just noticed) that Im riding my 1st BMX ... the mighty Puch Murray... what a suprise to see that again ;D

I think the kiddo next to spud is Shaun (parachute) Manship?
Dano

Maccaz

« Reply #222 on: November 20, 2008, 11:06 PM »
Some really good stuff from Mike Hill's photo collection

More to follow ...

this pic is class. "Why do i ride dirt?" hahah

paulgray

« Reply #223 on: November 21, 2008, 04:04 PM »
Nige, is this you on your mongoose?

Just to add to your opening history lesson... There was the nightmare time (late 80's) when the whole place was planned to be used as a tip and one sad day the then existing jumps we built had been bull-dozed. Still, what was a bulldozer compared to a group of enthusiastic kids with a shovel each, and with a fresh canvess to work on the jumps were re-built, bigger and better than ever. Remember the abuse that council woman got when she and fellow council planners were in the quarry making plans of the "supposed" tip. Was it a petition from the locals "not" wanting a smelly tip in the area that sent them finally packing.

You also forgot to mention another person who put a lot of effort into the building... how could you forget your own brother.............TED :P

Interesting photo of Adam and trying to figure out who is in the background... I can see (from left to right)
Paul Gray
Spud Tate
Dunno
Nigel Hutton
Dunno
Dunno (but it could be Dan Galloway)
Keith Thompson (wearing a cracking jumper)
Dunno
Dunno
Nick Foster
Dunno
Can anyone name anymore

And finally I think that must be the only pic (and ive only just noticed) that Im riding my 1st BMX ... the mighty Puch Murray... what a suprise to see that again ;D

I think the kiddo next to spud is Shaun (parachute) Manship?
Dano

Dan, not sure if it's Shaun, here's another with people to identify.

A few points of interest for you old time AQLs. I think I can see where we found the old sleeper. Also look at the height of the mound on the way down to the lower level, it's gone now, I wonder if it was bulldozed into that hole that keeps appearing? And these photos are from before we built the boulder hill berm.  Also the original run into the parachute jump can be seen. Look at how small the gully (to the left of Nige) was . Think Jack Galloway probably took these photos.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 10:49 PM by paulgray »

mikebmx92

« Reply #224 on: November 21, 2008, 05:37 PM »
that big sleeper is still in the quarry... sleeping inside the last death take off ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails

gfxgfx
gfx gfx