gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 04:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Great Ayton Quarry Trails  (Read 143910 times)

nigel hutton

Re: Great Ayton Quarry Trails
« Reply #1025 on: December 24, 2009, 05:32 PM »
Have a great christmas  and  new year everyone.
looking forward to this snow going to get on with plans take it easy all the best.aql

nigel hutton

« Reply #1026 on: January 01, 2010, 12:01 PM »
all the best to everyone hope you all have a great year.
was up yesterday,the tree above where we get the good soil had fallen down,roots and all it was laying over the deathpack .no damage to the jumps ,i got a saw and got rid of all the branches,chucked em all in the big hole down on the bottom level.
one good thing with that tree out theres a whole load of good dirt behind where it was,sweet.
just need to get rid of this bloody snow now,at least it,s not frozen underneath now and i could get a spade in yesterday.
see you soon anyone.cheers AQL

yoda

« Reply #1027 on: January 01, 2010, 01:01 PM »
Hardcore  -NH :daumenhoch:

keiththompson

« Reply #1028 on: January 09, 2010, 10:40 PM »
all the best to everyone hope you all have a great year.
was up yesterday,the tree above where we get the good soil had fallen down,roots and all it was laying over the deathpack .no damage to the jumps ,i got a saw and got rid of all the branches,chucked em all in the big hole down on the bottom level.
one good thing with that tree out theres a whole load of good dirt behind where it was,sweet.
just need to get rid of this bloody snow now,at least it,s not frozen underneath now and i could get a spade in yesterday.
see you soon anyone.cheers AQL

Enjoy the snow while its here.... Get ya-self plaggy bagging ;)

Daniel had an offroad skatebourd thing with big wheels, we took the wheels off and have spent everyday almost since xmas .... Snowboarding. Tomorrow hopefully im buying a "second-hand" snowbourd. When you get the hang of it, its a blast. Ive made it down the shooting hut slope and the road down from high-cliffe without falling now....woooooooohooooooooooooo :)

nigel hutton

« Reply #1029 on: January 10, 2010, 10:20 PM »
fooking hate snow

nigel hutton

« Reply #1030 on: January 19, 2010, 07:23 PM »
2010 digging start this weekend,get in.

nigel hutton

« Reply #1031 on: February 12, 2010, 07:04 PM »
it,s been a while but the digging hasn,t stopped had 3 weekends worth now and things are coming on.ste and lodgey up digging last weekend had some good crack and made good progress on some new plans ,jumps are getting bigger.we havn,t shaped em yet trying to keep the townie none diggers off em. the smaller trail that jack goes on alot has grown so he can move on and progress.8 pack has got bigger with the last landing merging with the death pack last landing again not shaped and finished,you tell em to keep off cause it,s wet but theres always one dickhead.
keep digging cheers nige aql

nigel hutton

« Reply #1032 on: February 12, 2010, 07:06 PM »
hello tommy and paul you both still alive?????????

keiththompson

« Reply #1033 on: February 24, 2010, 10:44 PM »
Yeah Im still here.  ;D

Got a bit on at the mo at home and have a new dog who cant be left to roam like Ben yet (So I cant dig and hold the lead at the same time). Good to hear things are still coming on even with the weather we are having.
I havent heard much from Paul for a few weeks. I think he may be having problems with his back, so digging is out for him. I can understand that doing all that work last winter then been un-able to ride was a bit of a downer for Paul esp with BMX and riding in general been in his blood. Im sure he will turn up at some point or text either you or me when he wants to get back into it.
Im sure ill turn up at some point to lend a hand when the weather/ time/ and lighter nights improve.

Who's the townies.... are they new or have the old lot from last year re-appeared.

Get some pics on here Nige. its a good way to keep a record of the progress and it might get people wanting to get back again and lending a hand (me included)

Keep the quarry alive....... :daumenhoch:

nigel hutton

« Reply #1034 on: February 28, 2010, 10:27 PM »
good to hear from you mate.ye still going strong it,s real wet just now but you know what the quarry is like a good week and it,ll be dry.i,ve been just piling dirt up where i want it for now ready to shape when its better weather.there was a smallish land slide where the trail goes round the back of the death pack a great load of soil came down .this will be great when i move it at least i have fresh stuff to make/improve new jumps.that trail that our jack jumps alot is now much bigger,ste and lodgey have been giving me a hand to build that.ste has some great ideas for stuff.we plan to build that berm up down the bottom end and get that big gap going again just after that
the townies are ones you have met before fog horn been the main arse giving me loads a lip cause his mates were there and i was on me own,.
but the quarry will live on and on,just a great place to chill and keep me fit beats going to the gym anyday.jacks as keen as ever and now charlie has a bike so things look good.hope to see ye up real soon we,ll be up part of saturday and all day this sunday coming if ye wonna pop up ,try and get paul out.cheers AQL

keiththompson

« Reply #1035 on: March 02, 2010, 09:16 PM »
Ill have a look up soon, even if its just to walk the dogs. Dunno about this sunday though because im 50/50 on thinking of going to Scarborough to watch a round of the british trials championship (depends on the weather).
I was going to help out digging some mountainbike trails in guisborough woods, but it turned out you have to prat about joining groups and filling in forms etc just to dig, to get insured etc and thought .....no I cant be arsed going through all the red tape just to do some digging... :-\ so gave that a miss. It turns out anyway, that I think Redcar council have a grant to put into sport and liesure so they have gone down the route of getting a contractor in with a mini digger. theres piles or donomite up there so I think that takes the fun out of it abit.
I havent seen the work you have been doing because the only time ive been up the quarry since well before xmas was when it was covered in snow.

anyway im sure ill get up sooner or later..... C ya

scott250

« Reply #1036 on: March 02, 2010, 09:40 PM »
I went over to the works skatepark in Leeds with Parksy last week - on the way back he was saying he wants to pop up the quarry sometime.  The Chief used to ride alot up the quarry. 

nigel hutton

« Reply #1037 on: March 11, 2010, 03:43 PM »
had a good weekends digging last week got lots done,but loads to do i,ll try and get some pics on .being putting some info on build the woods .co.uk as well as rad good site.had the day off today birthday boy,so i,m gonna go up and do a bit before it gets dark.hope to see ye soon anyone cheers AQL

keiththompson

« Reply #1038 on: March 12, 2010, 09:23 PM »
Had a look through some of the thread tonight. At this point last year the quarry was dry .... ish with yellow gorse coming through and we were building 5 and 6 of the 8pack. It looks like we are having a wetter spring this time around.

keiththompson

« Reply #1039 on: March 13, 2010, 10:30 PM »
Just a photo I found that shows the bottom end of the quarry, with a double jump that isnt there anymore.....

http://www.terratrailblazers.co.uk/Photo%20gallery%20001.htm

Its a different pic, but the one I meant is there if you click 5 photos forward
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 10:32 PM by keiththompsonAQL »

nigel hutton

« Reply #1040 on: March 17, 2010, 08:10 PM »
had a look at that pic funny how it,s changed over the years.
had two more good days digging last weekend..i think it,s the long winter thats made it so difficult to get on things have been so wet,it,s defo just right for digging now i,ve started on the 8 pack,could do with a hand if theres anyone out there.gonna extend the start on the next levl it,s gonna be a good years riding.
loads of riders up last week pity they never wonna dig like,no worries i,m having fun beats going to the gym thats for sure.see ya AQL

keiththompson

« Reply #1041 on: March 17, 2010, 10:04 PM »
If you go on google earth, Ive just noticed its been updated and now shows the 8pack (must be last summer). If you click on the clock symbol at the top, a slider pops up and you can slide it back and forth over the years with new jumps appearing and old jumps disapearing going right back to the year 2000.
To be honest I dont have the time (or energy) I had last year for digging. Me and Paul did most of our work mid-week when the quarry was empty. I never liked digging on a weekend with people riding (and not putting the work in). If I do get up there to do abit it will be to get the spiral running smoothly and joining onto the mini-trail (it never really got finished to a point I was happy with).
The snow, frost and rain has washed away a riverbank and ive got the job of wheelbarrowing tonnes of clay 100 yards to lay behind concrete slabs and shore up and repair this riverback, and after doing that all day, digging is defo out. Ive still got my bike though and Im hoping to get more riding in than I managed last year when the weather improves.

nigel hutton

« Reply #1042 on: March 24, 2010, 08:11 PM »
had a good days digging on sunday,plenty of people up,things are coming on slowly.light nites soon get in.

nigel hutton

« Reply #1043 on: March 31, 2010, 06:28 PM »
ste text me the other day gonna have a digging sesh easter weekend if anyone is up for giving a hand.had a good sesh last saturday joe came up and gave a hand got a load done started to line the 8 pack,it,s well on the way now.just hope this sodding rain does one for the weekend.
see ye AQL

Eddy

« Reply #1044 on: April 01, 2010, 01:15 PM »
Am back up the NE this weekend,
Me and some of the chaps from Hartlepool are planning a trip over tommorow.  Will make sure the old mans spade goes in the boot!

Maccaz

« Reply #1045 on: April 04, 2010, 08:20 PM »
Great day of work today, got loads done. 8 Pack is looking strong and it was ace to see all the lads up. Looking forward to next weekend!

keiththompson

« Reply #1046 on: April 19, 2010, 10:24 PM »
A few times now ive been thinking of getting up there, then something crops up and I never make it :(
The phone wont stop ringing for work. Im getting a bit of landscaping done in my garden and its all getting to much. The week just gone we were decorating.
Prob not this week but next week I want to get up on the Wed or friday night if anyone wants to join me.
I put my phone through the washing machine the other day so ive lost your phone number Nige. If you can send it to me again (if you still have mine (Its still the same number)) or send me a message on here and Ill get in touch with you when ive got time to ride/dig

scott250

« Reply #1047 on: April 21, 2010, 06:51 PM »
Had a meeting in boro today + had my bike in the boot, so poped up the quary for a bit.  Had a little play over the small stuff.  A big rocks been droped on the SODP, dunno if some ones trying to kill you lot, haha.  I remember one time some nob had put some nails on some wood and left them on the big doubles landing ::) - lucky I always look before I leap and moved it out the way.  Its well dry now, bit windy today though - I'll be up some time with Rico or Parksy or Mooch,,or all three, haha.

mightymini

« Reply #1048 on: April 22, 2010, 04:08 PM »
was up on the weekend, there had been people camping, left all the top end in a mess. grafti down the bottom end "boro crew". Then a lad who was up last night said loads has been vandalised. !

keiththompson

« Reply #1049 on: April 22, 2010, 10:52 PM »
Firstly someone needs to get talking with the national trust to get a "No Camping" order on the quarry and woods, then the police could be informed when campers are there and get em shifted. The other option would be violence ::) but that would lead to more campers and more vandalisim and would probably get out of control.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails

gfxgfx
gfx gfx