gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 10:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  SPENDING AND GOING FORWARD...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: SPENDING AND GOING FORWARD...  (Read 579 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
SPENDING AND GOING FORWARD...
« on: October 12, 2008, 08:25 PM »
I'm now finally doing my last 3 builds, the TA, FST and GT World Tour and even though its tempting seeing some goodies appear (and some I have snapped up i.e. MX 900 earlier this evening...) I will be pulling in the belt from now on, and certainly won't be buying anymore frames or parts for new builds i.e. bits for bikes I haven't even bought yet. I will only be buying stuff to complete the 3 above and that's it.

I think that:

1) I have far too many boxes of parts and stuff and we're running out of room in the loft room for all of these and ...
2) With all this uncertainty in the UK I think its time to save even more...

Is anyone thinking the same? I'm not saying enough is enough but my decision is to slow right down with buying bits as I don't really need.

Plus I don't know where the Old School market is heading in the long term and there is a risk I could be stuck with loads of gear that i'd never shift... plus god knows what 2009 will bring for everyone in the UK with all this crap that's going on and I think its time to knuckle down even more and save more for our future and not throw anymore large sums at bikes...  ;)

Anyone else feel the same?

Matt  :daumenhoch:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
Re: SPENDING AND GOING FORWARD...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 08:30 PM »
Matt have to agree mate, am feeling your Vector bars  ;)

Look into the eyes not around the eyes 3.2.1 And your under

I no longer want my Vector bars as they will be a burden on my future with all this uncertainty

1.2.3 And awake

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 08:34 PM »
keep building forever

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 09:30 PM »

this subject has been round a few times, my general opinion for what it's worth.

it's a hobby. Not a very wise or sound investment. Prices keep rising, but this bubble will burst evetually as people move on. Buy it because you want it, as in want to own it at the expense of the item. If your borrowing everything off yourself because your allways gonna sell it on and hope to make a profit is it ever really yours? your just waiting to sell. Buy to keep. Buy because you want to own it. Sell it if you don't want to own it. But buy as a hobby, sell as a hobby, these aint proper, proper antiques by any means. If you feel that if the cash value of what you have deminishes, you will regret owning it, i feel sorry for you. I don't worry if my CD's are worth less, i just buy them for the music. Same with most consumer goods, TV's, DVD's, PC's etc.... 3 grand on a laptop that you can't give away after 5 years for example. I'm amazed the prices have kept rising for the ordinary stuff, but as new people come into the hobby they have no previous history to gague the prices buy so it doesn't seem like they have risen. When this market is saturated it will level out and probably drop. Some classics i'm sure will hold their prices, but not many. How many years to go? who knows? who cares? Dr who?

:LolLolLolLol:

i'll shut up now.

ding dong

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 09:33 PM »
what he said....

buy some nice bikes..enjoy them, in whatever capacity

the end

Bushwacked

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 07:14 AM »
I know this thred isn't really about the economy but more about building bikes but I think there is a certain relevance here...

I get told off by my friends for being an optimist at present. I work in the Financial Services industry and from the data I've seen and hearing things on the grapevine from the city - The expectation is that this is a storm to be weathered and the worst will be over by the first few months of 2009.

The doom and gloom vultures of the national press are lapping it up as it sells papers since it affects everyone in the UK. But if you look at it logically - because it affects everyone - the economy is near knackered but the global governments are getting involved to put together packages to rescue it I can't see the current situation lasting for a long time as it would screw everything for everyone. They can't afford to let it fail.

There are rumours of Interest rates coming down to like 3% next year so I'm waiting for remortgage then rather than panic remortgaging now. Businesses are feeding off it as it allows them to cut costs, restructure their business and by making redundancies to legitamately get rid of their deadwood, their employees start being thankful for having a job so the companies increase productivity while at the sametime reducing head count / cost.

Call me sceptical and I think this is a big change in the way our economies are managed, but there is a lot of negative press out there to make it seem worse than it is...

... and more importantly that it is the end of the world as we know it - well maybe but I see it more like a beginning of something new and perhaps better.

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 07:25 AM »
that makes me feel better, now were's that VDC changa for sale... :LolLolLolLol:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 08:04 AM »
i've got one :D

any excuse!

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 07:19 PM »
should have said! we could have done a deal, though i think i will spraying your wheels for the next 10 years in the deal...
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 08:05 PM »
I know this thred isn't really about the economy but more about building bikes but I think there is a certain relevance here...

I get told off by my friends for being an optimist at present. I work in the Financial Services industry and from the data I've seen and hearing things on the grapevine from the city - The expectation is that this is a storm to be weathered and the worst will be over by the first few months of 2009.

The doom and gloom vultures of the national press are lapping it up as it sells papers since it affects everyone in the UK. But if you look at it logically - because it affects everyone - the economy is near knackered but the global governments are getting involved to put together packages to rescue it I can't see the current situation lasting for a long time as it would screw everything for everyone. They can't afford to let it fail.

There are rumours of Interest rates coming down to like 3% next year so I'm waiting for remortgage then rather than panic remortgaging now. Businesses are feeding off it as it allows them to cut costs, restructure their business and by making redundancies to legitamately get rid of their deadwood, their employees start being thankful for having a job so the companies increase productivity while at the sametime reducing head count / cost.

Call me sceptical and I think this is a big change in the way our economies are managed, but there is a lot of negative press out there to make it seem worse than it is...

... and more importantly that it is the end of the world as we know it - well maybe but I see it more like a beginning of something new and perhaps better.

very well said agree with all that

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 10:06 PM »
what he said....

buy some nice bikes..enjoy them, in whatever capacity

the end

Well put  ;)

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 12:29 PM »
i've got one :D

any excuse!

PILE O SHITE  :LolLolLolLol: needs a opc on it  :LolLolLolLol: :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  SPENDING AND GOING FORWARD...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx