gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 07:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  CREDIT CRUNCH
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CREDIT CRUNCH  (Read 1414 times)

FAZE3

CREDIT CRUNCH
« on: October 14, 2008, 08:43 PM »
Hello Fella's I've not visited RAD for quiet a few months :'( my business has been really tough going as the world (according to the bbc) grinds to a halt :P So not keeping upto date on current prices, has the squeeze hit old school prices? Whats a trickstar worth these days?

I may have to flog one or more of these :-\ any suggestions at what I'm likely to get?

Any thougthts ???

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: CREDIT CRUNCH
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 08:45 PM »
Don't worry, good stuff is still getting good money  :daumenhoch:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 08:53 PM »
550 for the GT

600 FOR THE Haro

600 for the Hutch

Just an estimate, you could get more but i think they would sell on here at that price  :daumenhoch:

Just my opinion remember  ;)

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 08:59 PM »
Are they single pinch full wrap flights  ???

A parts rundown would help  :daumenhoch:

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 09:28 PM »
nice rides. split for best moneys though

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 10:16 PM »
Sweet builds mate....although i think the Haro would look better with blck stuff rather than blue  ::)  :LolLolLolLol:

Daz. (with the sport with black stuff on)
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Lee Reynolds

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 11:25 PM »
I just came in my pants... sweet bikes!

FAZE3

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 11:47 AM »
So old school is still alive and thriving then ;) Thats great, maybe I should move all my cash from ICELAND to OLD BMX's :D

I'm shocked at the low estimate on the bikes, Dirtbiker I known its just your thoughts but its just so low, I paid comfortably over £400 for the Master F&F!! If they do have to go I guess parting out is the best way to get your dough back ::)

The Haro has single pinch (wish I'd kept my TA) but the Hutch has new twin.

Black bits on a 84 Haro? , shame on you Flatcap ;D

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 12:08 PM »
Sorry dude, if you split them they will be worth more, but i have seen some great looking bikes go for around the 600-700 mark and believe that this is usually the Bench mark for complete bikes. I mean Munners couldn't get 1200 for his Gen1 complete.

Like i say i think 600-700 you would get on here but may get more on e-bay.
P.S i could be wrong  :daumenhoch:

munners

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 12:12 PM »
Prices have dropped MASSIVELY mate.

Like everything in this current climate though.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 12:37 PM »
Lovely builds mate  :smitten:. I reckon Haro F&F £300-350, single pinch £150-180 if in good nick perhaps if you split? Blue tuffs £80 maybe more etc... and that's hardly all the parts, as a complete bike perhaps on ebay maybe about £600-700 as Paul said. Haven't seen a complete Master go over that unfortunately. On here, you may have to ask for less as prices are dropping fast :(

Anyway before you sell, talk to me direct about the Master, I may buy it complete...  ;)

Other than that, i'd split them mate.

I hope your business picks up, what do you do?

Cheers,

Matt  :daumenhoch:

nee

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 01:25 PM »
I'm shocked at the low estimate on the bikes, Dirtbiker I known its just your thoughts but its just so low...

I'm no expert on OS bmx prices at all, but it just comes down to basic economics really, so i'm shocked that you're shocked to be honest, as the reason for your original enquiry was due to the fact that you have been hit by the "credit crunch", which in it's nature means that pretty much the whole of the UK is in exactly the same boat as you are and have less cash to spend on 'luxury' items......meaning ultimately that everyone will be less inclined to part with what little they have got, even for an oldschool bmx as good as the ones you've pictured above.....hence why prices have to come down to make a sale, especially if a quick sale is needed.  :-[

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 09:27 PM »
The Master looks like a Gen 3 84, if it is you should get £350 + maybe more on ebay, Iv sold two this year one Gen 3 for I think £350 & a mint Gen 2 for £380 cash, but quite a few people said that was cheap, maybe, maybe not, but the guy I sold it to built it up so sweet  :smitten:

It is surprising how much you will get for it in parts, so this will be your best bet, its a bit more work, but should be worth it  :daumenhoch:

God luck  :daumenhoch:

FAZE3

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 12:24 PM »
thanks for all the advice and estimates fella's, I've been pondering on whether to sell them or not ::)

then my wife pointed out that they took me fookin ages to build and I'd only kick myself for selling um, so chandlers ford skate park here I come  :P

Keep yours eyes peeled though if I have a nasty off, you might see a slightly scuffed master going cheap ;D

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 12:54 PM »

then my wife pointed out that they took me fookin ages to build and I'd only kick myself for selling um, so chandlers ford skate park here I come  :P

What? I thought wives were there to poingt out that you can only ride one at a time, and ask what the point is of building a bike that'll never get ridden. And instead of faffing around with another bike, why don't you look at those shelves, that cupboard that needs tidying, the loose kitchen door, the wonky toilet seat etc etc etc.
I should've bought a pet instead.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 03:02 PM »
Prices haven't dropped MASSIVELY by the way so enjoy the bikes  ;)

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 03:13 PM »
i agree...the daft prices have stopped pretty much, but good stuff is still fetching good money.

if you work on the basis of trying to sells tuff for as near as you paid for it, then you'd be doing ok. :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  CREDIT CRUNCH

gfxgfx
gfx gfx