gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 04:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  CRASHED AND BURNED ON SONICS BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (SORRY MATE!)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CRASHED AND BURNED ON SONICS BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (SORRY MATE!)  (Read 4217 times)

kdubbmx

Re: CRASHED AND BURNED ON SONICS BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (SORRY MATE!)
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2008, 10:43 PM »
Prob a lot less than you think.

Get a quote.  :)

mr.magoo

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2008, 10:44 PM »
would not have a clue what to do or where to go,

wheres the first port of call?

kdubbmx

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2008, 10:49 PM »
Yellow pages- hospitals-private.

Need to take your notes from GP, scan will be fixed price, probably £100 then depending on what they see they will quote you for what you need.

Its a procedure that they do every day for people that dont want to wait for the NHS, & it'll be the same surgeon usually so you'll get everything that you will be getting from NHS except the wait!  ;D

mr.magoo

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2008, 10:52 PM »
may be worth a try, being that i've already had mri scan, just not results, would that save me on that score (can't help it Dad is scottish)

how much for consultation and what kinda money is surgery :shocked:

kdubbmx

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2008, 10:58 PM »
My consultation was £60, scan £100, op was £350 but that could be way less(or way more) than yours could be depending on what you need.

My old man had a hip replacement recently & the extras (one night+two days in hos) etc etc cost more than the op.

mr.magoo

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2008, 11:02 PM »
that don't sound too bad, considering what i'd get in return, sod the staying in, i had two discs removed from lower spine at Guys a few years back, meant to stay in for anything up to 2 weeks, and stay in bad for 4 weeks.

Day after the op i was ouside hospital having a fag, 2 days later they let me go home, month after the op i was back at work, gingerly, filling shelves in the supermarket :idiot2:

dialledbikes

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2008, 10:14 AM »
Tony 1-4 you are one mad mutha smacking your head up like that and still racing the next day.

When I put my BMX away for the first time in 86 I never thought I would get back into them, but as other's have said, the bug bites hard and I think for most of us it's in the blood.

First comeback in 1991 was cut short by a smashed up face/4 broken teeth and a £2k dental bill.

Second comeback in 1997 ended in a broken collarbone.

Hopefully the comeback I made in 2005 is third time lucky.  I've had a few crashes but nothing major (touch wood).

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  CRASHED AND BURNED ON SONICS BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (SORRY MATE!)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx