gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 09:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  z rim resto
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: z rim resto  (Read 1153 times)

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
z rim resto
« on: October 10, 2008, 11:01 PM »
I am just starting to sort out a pair of red z rims that are pretty battered. the spokes have a little bit of weld where they cross over and have a black coating, it looks cool but Ive never seen it before whats that all about? I want to re dye the rims but dont know wether ill get the spokes off and back on again without wreckin them. Can anybody please help me nice1!!!!!!!!!!!!! :idiot2:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: z rim resto
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 11:26 PM »
Sounds like the spokes were spot welded to make the wheels have a little less flex, however it does sound like you`re going to have to loose those spokes and get some new ones it they`re going to be stripped down  :(
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 09:52 AM »
Sounds like the spokes were spot welded to make the wheels have a little less flex, however :daumenhoch: it does sound like you`re going to have to loose those spokes and get some new ones it they`re going to be stripped down  :(
:daumenhoch:thanks for replying, is it possible to dye the rims with spokes and hubs still on as I want to keep the bike with as many original parts, this is my first re-build so im a little slow on whats what and what to do but ive definitely got the bug again nice1 :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 10:16 AM »
you could dye them but as you need salt to do this ,the spokes/nipples  might rust if you dont rinse it all of proper.

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 10:46 AM »
you could dye them but as you need salt to do this ,the spokes/nipples  might rust if you dont rinse it all of proper.
nice1 mate ill bear that in mind, is this going to take over my life again???????

trasher

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 01:44 PM »
nice1 mate ill bear that in mind, is this going to take over my life again???????

you bet  :LolLolLolLol:
i only came back into this a couple of months ago and on my second build already  :idiot2:
think i need to see a shrink ,as i cant get of this site constantly pressing the refresh button in the for sale section ,, :uglystupid2:

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 03:58 PM »

i only came back into this a couple of months ago and on my second build already  :idiot2:
think i need to see a shrink ,as i cant get of this site constantly pressing the refresh button in the for sale section ,, :uglystupid2:
Im going to dye these tonight, ive 1or2 questions any chance you can help? do you need to use the cold fix dye you get with the tubs of dye? how long do I leave them for as ive read 2 hours and also 2 days. This dylon is pretty hard to get hold of innit but ive found somewhere with a good selection of colours. hope you can help nice1 :daumenhoch:

dix

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 04:24 PM »

:2funny: i know what you mean ;)

dix

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 04:27 PM »
rollin get the cold dye in small pots i tried dylon black velvet thats crap

made my seat go purplr i m doing my seat now black its currently in the pot
you need cooking salt 1.5 kg and about 2 tubs of dylon

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 04:30 PM »
rollin get the cold dye in small pots i tried dylon black velvet thats crap

made my seat go purplr i m doing my seat now black its currently in the pot
you need cooking salt 1.5 kg and about 2 tubs of dylon
:daumenhoch:nice1 how long do I leave them for?

dix

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 04:58 PM »
i ve left mine in there an hour dood im gona take it out now ive got it simmering

bmxbob

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 05:08 PM »
take some before and after photos mate and post them up here  :daumenhoch:
good luck with the resto  ;)
Bob  8)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  z rim resto

gfxgfx
gfx gfx