gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 07:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  valuation of my sm dirt bike
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: valuation of my sm dirt bike  (Read 627 times)

bmxbert

valuation of my sm dirt bike
« on: October 09, 2008, 10:48 AM »
thinking of putting my dirtbike up for sale but dont know what to ask for it. any ideas.
it can be seen on bmx museum

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: valuation of my sm dirt bike
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 10:53 AM »
It's worth what someone will pay for it  ;) .

If you're serious about selling get a site supporter tag & advertise here for £? ono .

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 10:56 AM »
You will get more of its worth if you just sell the frame, forks and stem. People wanting a mk3 oversized dirtbike (?) might not want those parts on it.

They dont go for that much. Id guess at between £50 and £100 for the frame, forks and stem, as it looks like you have painted them yourself. Maybe a little more.  :-\

bmxbert

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 11:02 AM »
frame forks bars and crank arms are all fresh powder coat to a high standard. i built it as a rideable bike with a bit of an oldschool twist. evry bearing is sealed and most parts other than the frame are new or nos. i think the seat clamp and mx101 lever  the only non mint parts on it.

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 11:10 AM »
Your powdercoat could well be a nice one but a good condition, original finish and stickers mk3 dirtbike frame only goes for about £150, so yours is gunna be less than that.

You can build a bike how you like, thats what makes it fun, but if you are trying to sell to someone who wants a mid 90s classic frame with 80s white tuffs and a layback, then you might be limiting your market a little. Sell the frame to someone who wants an oversized dirtbike, and then sell the tuffs to someone who wants white tuffs (I doubt they will be the same person).

bmxbert

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 11:15 AM »
make you right. lol. it is a kinda weird combo. are you a bit of an s&m nut then? im after decals for my heavy as and a mark 4 holmes. it was on the bay bout a week ago. bought it for the super pros mainly. they are going on a nos chrome taj

:daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 11:22 AM »
Yes, S&M all the way  :daumenhoch:

Ive got scans of most of the decals, what HAF ones you after, the fat ones or the script ones? I didnt see the HAF on ebay, what else did it have on it?

Mk4 Holmes? Oversized, right? There were a few types of decals on those frames, do you know what ones you want? Most of them were a pretty simple font.

bmxbert

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 11:32 AM »
got this for £75 thought id got lucky its frame only but ive not seen many not even when they 1st came out

decals are a bit tatty and was thinking of trying to replace them???????

might be a bit brave. lol

as for holmes decals i dont know? what are the nicest?

SaMAlex

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 11:38 AM »
Oh, nice. I love those HAF decals. Esp the headtube one. Thats not a bad price you paid there, esp as its got the decals on. I have a good scan of most of the set, but not the seat tube. Can you get a good photo of it for me?

Id say that for the cost of geting new decals made, just stick with those. But Im not a fan of show builds, others might dissagree.

The oversized Holmes is actually a hard frame to find. There should be loads of magazine shots of them to give you ideas of the decals. Like I say, I have most of them scanned.

bmxbert

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 11:43 AM »
i'll try and sort some pics out for you. and i'll have a look at som o/s holmes whilst im at it cheers.

youve been great help.

JT71

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 11:48 AM »
if you are thinking of taking them decals off STOP.

I have a couple of HAF frames, and would trade one with no decals plus cash for your one with survivor decals.

let's talk if that's a route you are thinking of taking.

SaMAlex

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 12:29 PM »
I have a couple of HAF frames, and would trade one with no decals plus cash for your one with survivor decals.

Now thats a good idea. Everyone wins

JT71

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 12:59 PM »

Now thats a good idea. Everyone wins

it'd be sweet with my ditch forks with surivor decals.  :daumenhoch:

bmxbert

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 01:08 PM »
do you have pics of your other hafs?
lol. thats bikes not your girlfrieds. :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
i might be interested although maybee in just being dumb. to be honest there was a sort of dark blue mauve'ish kinda colour haf that a guy had when i used to ride and thts what made me buy mine so powder is always an option.
let me looksey and i'll let you know.

bert

JT71

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 01:18 PM »
ask and thought shall get.

this one came from the ex S&M pro Alex Leech (that must add tot eh value, he touched it even if he never rode it, lol), you might have seen him on youtube, looks like Michael Schumacher, can ride a bit and always wears funky socks. It is (I'm told) the earlier version that doesn't have S&M stamped on the end of the top tube, it's in good cond but needs a good clean, there's some blue paint on it. Forks not included, but half a 990 brake is.  :LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 01:21 PM »
do you have pics of your other hafs?
lol. thats bikes not your girlfrieds

:LolLolLolLol:   :LolLolLolLol:   :LolLolLolLol:

bmxbert

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 01:28 PM »
i never knew they came with a stamped top tube my one doesnt have it and ive never seen it. most of the ones ive seen use stupid forks to with a 1" clamp on. did they do a f&f set or only frames? i think i need to go have a research before agreeing to part with this little bad boy. like i said though all original doesnt really bother me to much so i'll get back to you before the days out. :-\

SaMAlex

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 01:35 PM »
The early ones didnt have the top tube stamp (you can tell they are S&M cos of the frame number). When they were out, it was when companies in the far east were copying US frames so S&M put the stamp on their frames to make it clear it was an S&M.

They did come with re-stickered pitchforks cos they had their own HAF fork stickers but like you said, most people moved to stupid forks, esp if they were 'heavy bike' kind of riders.

I have posted up some scans about the HAF, the test in ride and maybe some other stuff to. Trawl back through the Mid section, its in there somewhere.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  valuation of my sm dirt bike

gfxgfx
gfx gfx